GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/15/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Muzzin has another year left. Our 3rd best Dman will walk, the 4th best Dman has less than 100 games but he is pretty good. Hainsey leads the league in +/- and will probably be paired with a kid like Liljegen/Sandin/Rosen on the 3rd pairing.

cant wait to see the golden knights bounce the flames and their pathetic goaltending rd 1
rittich and smith? sad
No... I was distinctly told, multiple times by multiple people, that Gardiner is your 2nd best d-man.

And ooh.... I love the salt. Sounds like I really struck a nerve with my comment on the Leaf's defense.
BTW... good luck with the Bruins. I think your boys will be golfing by mid April.

Last edited:

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I’m not trying to poke, but I’ve seen several Leafs game where the opposing team take liberties in blowout games and the Leafs turn the other cheek. Which can be equally frustrating if you’re going to try to engage the Leafs if you’re up or down in a game.

I kept hearing the Bruins were going to run the Leafs out of the building last spring, especially with Martin sitting. The Leafs led them going into the third period of Game 7. The Leafs, as always, will try to win with speed and skill. They're not a tough team. Everyone knows that.

If the Bruins want to play physical, so be it. Nothing wrong with good clean, hard hitting hockey. If the Bruins want to try to start intimidating and running guys, I am sure the Leafs will be more than happy to take the PPs that will inevitably follow.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
The 2011 Bruins team was actually scary. You had 3-4 guys who could literally rip your head off and toss it down the street.

They made other teams add those type of players, which was kind of weird.

I kinda miss those days, too.

The 2012-13 Leafs had McLaren, Orr and Fraser, among others. Everyone called us a bunch of goons. Didn't work for the Leafs the way it worked for the B's, obviously. You won a Cup. We couldn't make the playoffs.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I kept hearing the Bruins were going to run the Leafs out of the building last spring, especially with Martin sitting. The Leafs led them going into the third period of Game 7. The Leafs, as always, will try to win with speed and skill. They're not a tough team. Everyone knows that.

If the Bruins want to play physical, so be it. Nothing wrong with good clean, hard hitting hockey. If the Bruins want to try to start intimidating and running guys, I am sure the Leafs will be more than happy to take the PPs that will inevitably follow.

Unfortunately the league stupidly insists on the playoffs being played under the same rules as Rollerball or MMA and you basically have to tomahawk a guy over the head to get sent to the box. It's ridiculous but it is what it is.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Frolik with goal #4 for the Flames and Tkachuk gets another assist.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I have been a diehard Leafs fan....for decades. Harold Ballard was a disgusting piece of ****. There aren't enough derogatory words in the English language to properly besmirch that maggot's memory.

So you don't believe in the Curse of Harold Ballard?

I thought I saw his ghost bump the net off in the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->