GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/26/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Kane has tried to let the refs do their job, but he has a different rulebook than others. He needed to take matters into his own hands, and after a elbow to the face, Chara doesn't get to chose how it starts.

Kane only threw like 1-2 shots. He hardly 'jumped' Chara anyway.
:laugh:
Yeah Kane is like Dirty Harry. Sometimes he as to go outside the law.

How do you hardly jump someone?

Look, I'm not even a Bruins fan. Or a Chara fan. And I generally like Kane, but he jumped Chara and basically turtled on his feet once Chara got a hold of him.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
:laugh:
Yeah Kane is like Dirty Harry. Sometimes he as to go outside the law.

How do you hardly jump someone?

Look, I'm not even a Bruins fan. Or a Chara fan. And I generally like Kane, but he jumped Chara and basically turtled on his feet once Chara got a hold of him.
He got the jump, of course. He just took an elbow to the face. Of course he was pissed.

It's also clear he could have taken more advantage of the situation when Chara was down and didn't.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Lol. Kane could have hit Chara a lot, but actually lets him get up and square up. He should have just jumped on top of him when he was down and got in as many as he could.

And again, Chara had his arms tied. He's 50 lbs heavier than Kane and is basically an olympic wrestler. Kane wanted to go but couldn't.

Once again, Kane jumped Chara from behind. Chara, infuriated, got back to his skates and began punching back at which point Kane held on for his life, literally cowering away.

Don't jump a player from behind just because you think they won't get up before the linesmen arrive. It's a bad gamble.

Especially after his... over eagerness... to fight Kuraly earlier.

He did not look right tonight.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't know how you can watch the video (or the game) and see what you describe. Kane could have just jumped on top of Chara when he was on the ice if all he wanted to do was get free punches in.

There's something in the water in Boston.
You literally said

“he didn’t really jump him”
“He wanted to allow Chara to square up”
“He let Chara up”

You’re literally wrong on all of those things. All of them. It’s insane to me that you’re still arguing it.

Notice how I can admit that Chara hit him in the head and will probably sit a game or two? It’s a fact, it’s a fact that he clearly got head with his elbow.

Just like it’s absolutely clear that Kane didn’t want to square up with Chara. If he went at Chara and asked him to go, he would have, and it wouldn’t have been pretty for Kane.

Kane literally tried to get the jump on Chara (like he did Kuraly earlier)... who isn’t even a fighter.

Chara got back up and Kane wanted no part of it. It’s not an opinion either. It’s a fact.

Enough of this.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah, both equally as impressive, to.
Stone doing the one thing Gallant can't seem to impart to the rest of his team. Actually moving his feet and making the penalty killers get out of position or at least break the firm collapse.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Stone doing the one thing Gallant can't seem to impart to the rest of his team. Actually moving his feet and making the penalty killers get out of position or at least break the firm collapse.

I noticed that. Was that Patch and Stone at the points? It's like a modified umbrella with March being the set up man, from what it looked like.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He got the jump, of course. He just took an elbow to the face. Of course he was pissed.

It's also clear he could have taken more advantage of the situation when Chara was down and didn't.
Agreed. But I don't think he should get bonus points for only throwing a few cheap punches while Chara was down.

Look , I don't have a horse in this race. Honestly now that you guys have Nyquist I'm actually kinda backing your horse. I want him to go on a long playoff run because I like him as a player and I also want the better draft pick.

We're clearly not gonna see eye to eye on this one and this point I'd only be restating what I've already said.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I noticed that. Was that Patch and Stone at the points? It's like a modified umbrella with March being the set up man, from what it looked like.

Yeah Patches and Stone were on the points .. I don't think Vegas had a d-man on that unit?

I like their movement. Neat to see Stone and Patches on the same team after years against each other in the same division.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You literally said

“he didn’t really jump him”
“He wanted to allow Chara to square up”
“He let Chara up”

You’re literally wrong on all of those things. All of them. It’s insane to me that you’re still arguing it.

Notice how I can admit that Chara hit him in the head and will probably sit a game or two? It’s a fact, it’s a fact that he clearly got head with his elbow.

Just like it’s absolutely clear that Kane didn’t want to square up with Chara. If he went at Chara and asked him to go, he would have, and it wouldn’t have been pretty for Kane.

Kane literally tried to get the jump on Chara (like he did Kuraly earlier)... who isn’t even a fighter.

Chara got back up and Kane wanted no part of it. It’s not an opinion either. It’s a fact.

Enough of this.
Took what I said out of context. Said Kane only threw 1-2 punches, so he hardly jumped him. What I implied is that he could have thrown a lot more punches, because the fact is he could have.

Of course he lost the fight when Chara got back up. Notice I haven't said Chara didn't win the fight when he got up?

Kane got the jump on him, but didn't go as crazy as he probably should have if he was going to drop them with Chara.

I think they both looked bad here for different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad