GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
How this walking sack of maggot shit is still allowed anywhere near a rink is beyond me.

I was gonna say that Suckerland is a disgrace to the zebras, then I realized, actually no...he's the PERFECT representation of the corrupted spineless shilling human garbage known as the zebras.
I thought you were talking about Marchand

Reactions: ziploc

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Demko's cult? What the...?
Yes. Haven't you noticed the number of posters who are clearly waiting for any sort of slip up by Silovs so that Demko can come back in as soon as is humanly possible even though he is/was clearly not ready? Folks were posting about how terrible it was that we were missing Demko while Silovs was shutting out Nashville for the series clincher. It's ridiculous. One could reasonably argue that Silovs is the reason we're still in the playoffs.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Yes. Haven't you noticed the number of posters who are clearly waiting for any sort of slip up by Silovs so that Demko can come back in as soon as is humanly possible even though he is/was clearly not ready? Folks were posting about how terrible it was that we were missing Demko while Silovs was shutting out Nashville for the series clincher. It's ridiculous. One could reasonably argue that Silovs is the reason we're still in the playoffs.
He's been great, for the most part. And literally nobody wants him to fail. And Demko is a better, more proven goalie who gives us the best possible chance to win, if he is healthy. It's not really a question.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
He's been great, for the most part. And literally nobody wants him to fail. And Demko is a better, more proven goalie who gives us the best possible chance to win, if he is healthy. It's not really a question.
Yes if he's 100% healthy and in a decent game rhythm he is a Vezina winner. Unfortunately he is neither of those things right now, not even close.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
as I keep on saying bounces make such a difference this time of year. Just get a few more bounces, then its a 50 - 50 as to who is going to the final.

on a separate note that no one cares about, wife is just getting over a broken ankle, now has bronchitis and I am as sick as a dog. Getting old is so much fun.
Getting old is not for the weak and feeble, ask me how I know..

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
No you don't, you stick with a guy who's save % is averaging well over .900 while being on a roll and who now even has more playoff experience than Demko. Demko is indeed an elite, star goalie but only when firing on all cylinders; he's not in any kind of game shape right now and hasn't even taken any shots by anybody other than Ian Clark. I predict that if we abandon Silovs and go with Demko we will lose ignominiously in the next round. I also predict that if that does indeed happen Demko's cult will blame anybody but him no matter how well or poorly he plays.
"abandon Silovs"? "Demko's cult"?

Try to stay away from these kind of Milquetoast proclamations ok? Really tell us how you feel from now on. We are all friends here.

)okmeD liaH( ?niaga gniteem txen ruo si erehW ...liame tsal eht deteled yltnedicca I ,sedud tluc okmeD yeH

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Captain Obvious suggest to expect McDavid to go quietly in the night would be nothing but fantasy, expect a big push back from them as its do or die for them. We need to skate hard with them, hit them hard and most importantly we must score the first goal to shatter their dreams of ever coming back in this series. Let's finish this tonight, do it for the Sedins, do it for all the canucks fan and do it to humble all the oilers fan.
EDit, i mean let's finished this tomorrow, lol

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Not sure if posted -

Here comes the excuses for being held off the scoresheet in Game 5.

Injured McDavid and Draisaitl can both still take over the game completely if we are not playing at our best.

I hope our boys does not view this as a hilarious false hope that the game will be any easier than the entirety of the playoff thus far.

Because if they do, we are f***ed even before the puck drops.

blueberries has retweeted himself from 2019

Blueberry boy doesn't know how to shut up, does he? Miller has already became an icon of the team, people were giving lots of credit for the trade.

But nope, Aquaman just can't help but making himself look like an insecure child who's starving for mommy and daddy's approval.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Classic zippy

giphy.gif

Reactions: HockeyWooot

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Injured McDavid and Draisaitl can both still take over the game completely if we are not playing at our best.

I hope our boys does not view this as a hilarious false hope that the game will be any easier than the entirety of the playoff thus far.

Because if they do, we are f***ed even before the puck drops.

Blueberry boy doesn't know how to shut up, does he? Miller has already became an icon of the team, people were giving lots of credit for the trade.

But nope, Aquaman just can't help but making himself look like an insecure child who's starving for mommy and daddy's approval.
old tweet.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Yes if he's 100% healthy and in a decent game rhythm he is a Vezina winner. Unfortunately he is neither of those things right now, not even close.
We don't really know how well he is progressing. He is still our best chance to actually compete for a cup this year.

Also what you are saying here is pretty far from the other thing you said about a cult of Demko that was actively hoping for Silovs to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad