GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/26/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
I think Chara threw an illegal hit to the head.

I respect E Kane for going after him. Brave and stupid as hell: two of hockey’s highest values.

Reactions: BeSeeingYouSeattle

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah, i remember when Brett Ritchie scored 16goals too. Doesn't make him anything more than a scrub.
You said he'd have nothing going for him. He's likely to finish the season with 20 points from the fourth line. That's not nothing.

Whatever, the hit on Cogs was clean. Unfortunate that Cogs isn't coming back but nothing about that hit was dirty. Chirp the guy all you want, it ain't changing anything.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Panthers - Coyotes was the best OT all season.
That shift by OEL wow. And he’s completely gassed throws a semi soft backhand pass up for the forwards to get a 2 on 1 and the ref can’t jump at the right time... that was tough to watch.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
So he should stand there and let Chara hit him and not try to defend himself??

Never understood that logic. 'Guy in hockey fight tries to avoid getting hit'. Well no ****.
As if that's the only alternative?

If you don't like the hit drop the gloves and fight him. Instead Kane jumps him, throws punches when Chara is down on the ice, then when Chara actually gets squared up Kane suddenly decides he doesn't want to fight anymore.

It's not that he was trying to avoid getting punched. Obviously you do that in a fight. It's that he completely stopped fighting once Chara was back on his skates.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
You said he'd have nothing going for him. He's likely to finish the season with 20 points from the fourth line. That's not nothing.

Whatever, the hit on Cogs was clean. Unfortunate that Cogs isn't coming back but nothing about that hit was dirty. Chirp the guy all you want, it ain't changing anything.
Reaves really is a Gem. His non apologetic attitude is also great.

Reactions: egelband

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Reaves really is a Gem. His non apologetic attitude is also great.
I mean signing a picture of a presumably injured Wilson was in poor taste but other than that I've got no complaints. The vast majority of his hits are hard and clean and he's a great personality in the Vegas locker room.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I mean signing a picture of a presumably injured Wilson was in poor taste but other than that I've got no complaints. The vast majority of his hits are hard and clean and he's a great personality in the Vegas locker room.
Wilson is a special case. He never would have done that or gloated over injuring anyone else.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
As if that's the only alternative?

If you don't like the hit drop the gloves and fight him. Instead Kane jumps him, throws punches when Chara is down on the ice, then when Chara actually gets squared up Kane suddenly decides he doesn't want to fight anymore.

It's not that he was trying to avoid getting punched. Obviously you do that in a fight. It's that he completely stopped fighting once Chara was back on his skates.
Lol. Kane could have hit Chara a lot, but actually lets him get up and square up. He should have just jumped on top of him when he was down and got in as many as he could.

And again, Chara had his arms tied. He's 50 lbs heavier than Kane and is basically an olympic wrestler. Kane wanted to go but couldn't.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Lol. Kane could have hit Chara a lot, but actually lets him get up and square up. He should have just jumped on top of him when he was down and got in as many as he could.

And again, Chara had his arms tied. He's 50 lbs heavier than Kane and is basically an olympic wrestler. Kane wanted to go but couldn't.
Dude, stop. Kane wanted absolutely no part of Chara as soon as he got up, and no “Kane didn’t let Chara up”

Kane folded as soon as he realized Chara was free. He turned the other way and didn’t even through a punch.

Jesus Christ, man. Go to bed, or quit drinking.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

You mean Kane could've hit Chara a lot when Chara was down on the ice from being jumped. What a nice guy for not going full Bertuzzi.

He got his punches in when Chara wasn't ready then hung on for dear life. But yeah sure, that was it. Kane wanted to go but couldn't manage to get those hands unglued from Chara's jersey.

Like I said in the first post, I'll always have some love for Kane for dropping Cooke but what he did tonight isn't how you defend yourself.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
There you go.

I thought Goligoski's shot hit the center pipe and came back out but I guess not. Did they even look at it?

No. Damn good game for two teams that are always considered boring. Although the first was pretty bad, the 2nd and especially the 3rd was great.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Wilson is a special case. He never would have done that or gloated over injuring anyone else.
No I know. Reaves may be cocky but he's a a good dude. Still was a step over the line. He apologized for it later but he never should have done it in the first place.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You mean Kane could've hit Chara a lot when Chara was down on the ice from being jumped. What a nice guy for not going full Bertuzzi.

He got his punches in when Chara wasn't ready then hung on for dear life. But yeah sure, that was it. Kane wanted to go but couldn't manage to get those hands unglued from Chara's jersey.

Like I said in the first post, I'll always have some love for Kane for dropping Cooke but what he did tonight isn't how you defend yourself.
Kane has tried to let the refs do their job, but he has a different rulebook than others. He needed to take matters into his own hands, and after a elbow to the face, Chara doesn't get to chose how it starts.

Kane only threw like 1-2 shots. He hardly 'jumped' Chara anyway.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Kane has tried to let the refs do their job, but he has a different rulebook than others. He needed to take matters into his own hands, and after a elbow to the face, Chara doesn't get to chose how it starts.

Kane only threw like 1-2 shots. He hardly 'jumped' Chara anyway.
He 100% jumped Chara and tried to get his shit in before Chara was ready. Unluckily for Kane, Chara muscled himself to his feet and that’s when Kane folded like a paper doll. His tune changed when he was face to face with Chara.

Guy got dropped as he went at Chara, and clocked again, then tries getting the jump on Chara and Chara dummies him.

Bad sequence for Evander, there.

I honestly do not get how you can honestly say that Kane wanted to go and “let Chara square up” - The video proves that every single thing you’ve said is wrong, and that’s truly impressive.

The guy spent the whole night looking away from Chara and only went at him when his back was turned. When he fought Kuraly (oh, guess what, a non fighter) and tried to get the jump on him, Chara came over and he wouldn’t even look at him.

Chara was in Kane’s face all night and Kane didn’t want anything to do with him.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He 100% jumped Chara and tried to get his **** in before Chara was ready. Unluckily for Kane, Chara muscled himself to his feet and that’s when Kane folded like a paper doll. His tune changed when he was face to face with Chara.

Guy got dropped as he went at Chara, and clocked again, then tries getting the jump on Chara and Chara dummies him.

Bad sequence for Evander, there.

I honestly do not get how you can honestly say that Kane wanted to go and “let Chara square up” - The video proves that every single thing you’ve said is wrong, and that’s truly impressive.

The guy spent the whole night looking away from Chara and only went at him when his back was turned. When he fought Kuraly (oh, guess what, a non fighter) and tried to get the jump on him, Chara came over and he wouldn’t even look at him.

Chara was in Kane’s face all night and Kane didn’t want anything to do with him.
I don't know how you can watch the video (or the game) and see what you describe. Kane could have just jumped on top of Chara when he was on the ice if all he wanted to do was get free punches in.

There's something in the water in Boston.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
That's known as picking the head, which doesn't apply to this hit. People use words like "predatory" and "blindside" just to try to add vitriol to their venting, usually. They don't actually have any bearing on whether a hit violates Rule 48.

This strikes me as a rather obtuse way of looking at it. Clearly predatory and blindside have descriptive meaning, even if they don't denote something specifically established or illegal in the rulebook. If you want an actually meaningless adjective used by fans, you have something like "gamebreaking".

The DoPS has released many videos (I seem to recall Tom Wilson ones are particularly good examples) where the player's action (or lack thereof) to mitigate danger of actual damage to their opponent are taken into account when determining punishment, with the implication being that "purposefully injurious" or, say, "predatory" hits are worthy of greater punishment. In the case of headshots the language the NHL uses mentions picking the head while predatory in its colloquial usage could apply to a wider category of hits including headshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad