GDT: HFBoards GDT: 2/16/21 | You think of a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Sorokin gets a gimmie... Isles retain 2-0 lead after a successful coaches challenge.

Cmon islanders help Ilya out for cripes sake!

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Pageau!

Man, that guy is just plain sneaky.
Just when you don't think you have to worry about him....just when you think all you have to do is cover Barzal, Eberle, or Lee....along comes this guy out of nowhere.

Didn't score just now, but what a chance to get his second of the night.

Reactions: SI90

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
LMAO...
Always amusing to see how difficult it is for pro hockey players to hit an empty net....and those same players sometimes make it look easy when there IS a goalie in net.

I think empty nets simply throw off the Islanders' game... :laugh:

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Happy for Sorokin but tbh that game could have easily been a higher scoring affair. That said, with Mitch Korn looking after him, I do have faith he will slowly adjust to the NHL.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
The Sabres are never going to get their shit together. The toxic energy is insanely palpable. Thank god for fantasy hockey

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
LMAO...
Always amusing to see how difficult it is for pro hockey players to hit an empty net....and those same players sometimes make it look easy when there IS a goalie in net.

I think empty nets simply throw off the Islanders' game... :laugh:
It’s infuriating as an isles fan. They just don’t hit empty nets often. Sometimes they do. Other times it costs them.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Man... Blackwood bails out his defense just now.

Rangers were buzzing, getting good looks, and the skaters in front of Blackwood looked confused.
As long as the man in net isn't confused, however, all remained well for NJ.
Still 4-2 Devils.

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
Man... Blackwood bails out his defense just now.

Rangers were buzzing, getting good looks, and the skaters in front of Blackwood looked confused.
As long as the man in net isn't confused, however, all remained well for NJ.
Still 4-2 Devils.

Don’t understand why he’s such an afterthought against guys like Hart, Sorokin, Shesterkin, Samsonov, etc. I think he’s better than all of them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mikhail Maltsev scored his first NHL goal into an empty net. Would like to know how many non-goalies have done that and when the last time it happened

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
New Jersey will go as far as MacKenzie can carry them.

This team has played well whoever the goalie has been. Don't get me wrong, Blackwood will see a lot of pucks and he most definitely will have to carry this team at some point, but you can't tell me the Devils haven't been impressive.

No Nico or Vatanen for the whole year. Tonight they played without Murray and Kulikov.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Don’t understand why he’s such an afterthought against guys like Hart, Sorokin, Shesterkin, Samsonov, etc. I think he’s better than all of them.

Not sure I have the answer as to why, but those names you just put out.... all playing on much higher profile teams, and in Sorokin's case, he was a superstar in the KHL.
So Blackwood has to be content with being very good in relative anonymity.

That said, if he can carry his team to a playoff berth, any media outlet will be hard pressed to ignore what he is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad