GDT: HFBoards GDT: 2/16/21 | You think of a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Agree.
I still think the Avs have depth issues.

I know the media is selling them as the next Cup contenders, but IMO, until they address their overall depth, I don't buy it.

They lose a key player here and there and they suddenly look VERY mediocre, despite having some of the best talent in the NHL in certain positions.
They’re missing 5 guys and they dominated the 3rd on Sunday and are this game as well.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Fleury's water bottle had enough and left during the middle of play.

ePILziX.gif

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Agree.
I still think the Avs have depth issues.

I know the media is selling them as the next Cup contenders, but IMO, until they address their overall depth, I don't buy it.

They lose a key player here and there and they suddenly look VERY mediocre, despite having some of the best talent in the NHL in certain positions.
they have 5 starters out and 3 are pretty important.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
Weird. Minnesota is Hockey State, but it looks like nobody cares about the team.

Minnesota loves hockey, I think they just seem to care more about it on a collegiate level like the Gophers

I think the branding is an issue. It would be hard to get into a new team called "Wild" while they were still lamenting the North Stars. They have a deep connection to the North Stars franchise.

It's like when the Jets returned to Winnipeg, there was really no option but to name them Jets and I bet Winnipeg fans would have hated any other name.

They should get their North Stars identity back. The MLB has two Sox teams so it wouldn't totally unheard of. I'd support it.

Last edited:

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Both of these teams have made subtle, non-jersey uniform changes that look like absolute shit. Vegas's helmets are tacky as hell, the Avs' pants look f***ing terrible. Stay simple. The jersey is the star of the show, leave your gloves/helmets/pants alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad