GDT: HFBoards GDT: 2/16/21 | You think of a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I mean...Vatanen Murray Kulikov are scratched, this is Butcher (in a year)+Carrick's first game, and Smith is a rookie. lol

I didn't know that many vets were scratched nor haven't played in a while... but I guess it shows.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Devils holding up well defensively...not bad for a team that has been off an NHL ice sheet for quite a while.
Granted, it IS against the struggling Rangers, but still, not a bad way to get back into action for the boys in red n white.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
I didn't know that many vets were scratched nor haven't played in a while... but I guess it shows.

ya Butcher broke his hand this time last year + hasn't played this season. Vatanen was in Finland forever and had to quarantine, but then I think he might've been in our COVID outbreak too. Murray has an "illness", Kulikov COVID, and Carrick is a replacement guy usually but also hasn't played.

Combine that with Hischier being out and you're gonna have a bad time breaking the puck out. or in. or anywhere haha

Devils holding up well defensively...not bad for a team that has been off an NHL ice sheet for quite a while.
Granted, it IS against the struggling Rangers, but still, not a bad way to get back into action for the boys in red n white.

Hell of a lot better than the Bruins or something

Reactions: voxel

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Meanwhile, in Buffalo, Canada.....

Isles are looking strong leading 2-0 with 6 min to go in the 2nd.
Ilya Sorokin seems to be playing his best game in over a month, though again, the competition he is facing tonight should be considered.

Something I am sure Isles fans really want to see: Sorokin being capable against ANY team so they don't have to run Varlamov into the ground and have him as fresh as possible come playoff time.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place

Ilya Sorokin seems to be playing his best game in over a month, though again, the competition he is facing tonight should be considered.

Something I am sure Isles fans really want to see: Sorokin being capable against ANY team so they don't have to run Varlamov into the ground and have him as fresh as possible come playoff time.
Sorokin is a rookie goalie. I’m not really worried about his performance. Just give him time.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Best sustained offensive zone time of the game for the Sabres..... and the tired Islanders are STILL keeping them to perimeter shots.

Sabres are just so lost on the ice....

Part is good D/sticks by Isles and part is the Sabres aren't attacking and are happy passing it around looking for a perfect opening. The best chance was the low shot from the D and deflection near the crease.. which is sad.

Reactions: TropicalFruitGirl2

Evergreen

Pretty sure that game where Satan scored 4 goals was not in 2012...considered he retired from the NHL in 2010.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site

The Sabres are terrible and I'm sorry their fans still have to go through this time and time again. I don't know if Chainshot is still on the board but I remember him from years ago when ESPN had hockey boards. We have a Sabre fan on our Islanders board (different site) and I feel for him too.

We had basically fifteen years of misery with a spot of "success" every once in a while (nice first season with Peca and Yashin, one good playoff with Tavares) so it's been nice the past couple of years, even if our style isn't the most entertaining form of hockey...

Reactions: TropicalFruitGirl2

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
The Sabres are terrible and I'm sorry their fans still have to go through this time and time again. I don't know if Chainshot is still on the board but I remember him from years ago when ESPN had hockey boards. We have a Sabre fan on our Islanders board (different site) and I feel for him too.

We had basically fifteen years of misery with a spot of "success" every once in a while (nice first season with Peca and Yashin, one good playoff with Tavares) so it's been nice the past couple of years, even if our style isn't the most entertaining form of hockey...
I remember some guy named Zeke. Please tell me that he’s not here!

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
It's like the Islanders are either trying to help the Sabres out or they forgot there is a third period lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad