GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/16/20 | some early starts again today

Status
Not open for further replies.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
on the day i make my very first ever bet on sports gambling for Vancouver, they are down 2 in the 1st. I should have known better to be honest. I am so glad i didn't go full throttle and bet on JT Miller to get 2 pts on the parlay bet. I feel like a big loser tbh.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Rangers finally earn their first legitimate PP and score after being spoonfed PP after PP in the most obvious game management effort in some time.

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
Reffing has, for the most part, been fairly consistent in this Oilers/Carolina game. Non-calls on both sides for the small stuff, only difference being that Haula penalty on Benning.

By the books probably a hook but more blatant hooks are ignored every day and I wouldn't have argued if Benning got called for embellishment. All the other penalties in this game were deserved though.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Reffing has, for the most part, been fairly consistent in this Oilers/Carolina game. Non-calls on both sides for the small stuff, only difference being that Haula penalty on Benning.

By the books probably a hook but more blatant hooks are ignored every day and I wouldn't have argued if Benning got called for embellishment. All the other penalties in this game were deserved though.

You think it was a good call that Canes went on the PK when Archibald suplexed a guy then punched another?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This is a terribly artificial product on NBC. NBC and the crowd are finally into it but this is a catered game management effort. Not a fun product by any means. Artificial momentum. Two very different rule books today.

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
You think it was a good call that Canes went on the PK when Archibald suplexed a guy then punched another?

You mean when Niederreiter was sitting on Archibald's back so he had to pull out a wrestling move to get him off? Then followed Archibald around the ice shoving him away from the play? Then Archibald and Niederreiter get into it and Haula jumps on his back as the 3rd man in? Then while Archibald is pinned by 2 guys he gets punched in the head by Niederreiter?

If anything I'd say the Canes got off a little light on that but yeah, I'd say overall it was called pretty well.

Reactions: RattsSSV

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
You mean when Niederreiter was sitting on Archibald's back so he had to pull out a wrestling move to get him off? Then followed Archibald around the ice shoving him away from the play? Then Archibald and Niederreiter get into it and Haula jumps on his back as the 3rd man in? Then while Archibald is pinned by 2 guys he gets punched in the head by Niederreiter?

If anything I'd say the Canes got off a little light on that but yeah, I'd say overall it was called pretty well.

You seem to be omitting the play along the boards where Arhicbald dumped a guy to the ice. Ill give you credit that at least you admit the Benning call was bad.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You seem to be omitting the play along the boards where Arhicbald dumped a guy to the ice. Ill give you credit that at least you admit the Benning call was bad.

He dumped a guy to the ice because said guy was sitting on top of him and Archibald decided to stand up.

Canes dedicated an inordinate amount of time that shift to trying to mug Archibald and I'm still confused as to why.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Does anything negative ever happen to the team you root for that isn't the refs fault?

I agree that people complain about the refs too much but I will say this Bruins game is a joke with reffing against the Bruins. And if you go through my post history for the past 12 years, you'll see I almost never complain about refs and usually do what you're doing and complain about people complaining about the refs.

Reactions: Bocephus86

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
He dumped a guy to the ice because said guy was sitting on top of him and Archibald decided to stand up.

Canes dedicated an inordinate amount of time that shift to trying to mug Archibald and I'm still confused as to why.

You are confused because you didn't see the play along the boards. There was no sitting on top of anyone.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Yeah. Nino started it by hitting him in the numbers and cross checking him when he was down then basically sat on him. Archibald flipped him off/Judo tossed him. They kept going at it (sleshes and cross checks) refs blew it down and they were getting coincidentals. Haula made a boneheaded play and jumped archibald when he was already engaged with Nino well after the play was blown down. Now the Haula trip on benning was a bad/ god awful call I'll give you that

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You are confused because you didn't see the play along the boards. There was no sitting on top of anyone.

Niederreiter literally had Archibald bent over and nestled beneath his jock strap. Away from the puck.

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country

Yeah, that's when Niederreiter was sitting on him like a horse, which transitioned into the suplex, then the shoving, then the scrum with Haula/Nieder/Archi.

If we're going strictly by penalties I'd start with:
Niederreiter - 2 mins interference for sitting on Archibald
Archibald - 2 mins roughing for the suplex
Niederreiter - 2 mins interference or roughing for following Archibald around the ice and molesting him
Archibald & Niederreiter - offsetting 2 minute roughing penalties for throwing down
Haula - 2 mins for 3rd man in (not sure what the official penalty name is)
Niederreiter - additional 2 minutes for punching Archibald in the head while he's pinned on the ice

That said, refs haven't been calling a lot of the ticky-tack calls this game (exception being the Haula "hooking" penalty) so I figured most of that was a wash. Main one I had an issue with was Haula being 3rd man in and the punch to Archibald's head. That said, the punch can get missed in the fray but Haula jumping on his back can't. So you're left with the off-setting minors and additional 2 mins for Haula.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Meanwhile Justin Williams just MMA backhanded Haas in the mouth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad