GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/16/20 | some early starts again today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
People complain about game management and then complain if another team has more power play opportunities.
Make up your minds.

I want the refs to call all penalties! As long is its even or it benefits my team!

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
People complain about game management and then complain if another team has more power play opportunities.
Make up your minds.

I think most people (and this goes for fans of many sports) are frustrated that athletes are getting faster and better, and there is no way for human refs to keep up.

This game felt more like a ump show as we call it in baseball, where the ref feeds off the crowd or basks in the attention of a controversial call.

For the most part, though, I just think referring is becoming too difficult to do well. Maybe it always was and slow mo and cameras have enlightened the fans to how awful it usually is. Football is HORRENDOUS, and in basketball, nothing makes sense either.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This looks more like a buffalo home crowd with half the building empty
These past 10 years have been rough on the fan base. Meh, what can be said, if the product doesn't warrant a purchase, this is what you get. But, it's bound to get better.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
If the Leafs are that mentally fragile where letting up a PP goal makes them up and quit trying, then they aren't real contenders or built for the playoffs. The real joke is Toronto's team builders constructing a roster filled with perpetual losers that easily get deflated.

You're not wrong. I haven't been following the team long as some, but they remind me, as a team, of a depressed person. Some extreme highs, but once adversity hit, they panic and crash.

Might be because they are young but that excuse is wearing off.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
These past 10 years have been rough on the fan base. Meh, what can be said, if the product doesn't warrant a purchase, this is what you get. But, it's bound to get better.

Not a Bills fan, eh?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Eichels 8th winning goal of the season.

4th in goals, 6th in point, Buffalo with three wins in a row but the east is too good for them to catch up unless they literally go like 22-4-4 or however many games are left.

Reactions: Dingo44 and Hasek

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Power plays so far for Toronto 0, Buffalo has had 3.

Edmonton today had 3 power plays and scored a power play goal.

It’s the guy who said I would be making excuses, ....making excuses

luckily I watch Toronto all the time so I know how dominant Matthews can be, but if this was the only game I had seen, I would be highly unimpressed. I didn’t even see him until the third. See what I mean about when one jumps on the ice the pace changes? He got some chances in the end but Eichels now approaching top 5 player territory with points in 36 of his last 40 games. That’s damn near unheard of, his 8th game winner and he didn’t even play particularly good.

Toronto got power plays in the third, and got a lot of chances but couldn’t beat buffalos backup goalie who did alright tonight for a change.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

This year seems to have been a turning point in the fanbase, at least from how I hear the guys talk at work. Especially with the Sabres starting strong and then returning to their usual ways and looking like another year outside of the playoffs.

The rebuild was supposed to be over already and it looks more like another one is needed since their neither good nor do they have any real top end talent coming through the pipeline that isn't already in the NHL (Eichel and Dhalin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad