GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/16/20 | some early starts again today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The Leafs have given up 40 Scoring Chances 5vs5....19 in the high danger area.

As a comparison, the ST.L vs Preds game had 24 to 17 for Scoring chances...and a 8-6 in high danger.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I was hoping Lou would bring in a D...but not Greene. Please not Greene.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Especially if you're the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I mean the Leafs played their big forwards 27 minutes each in the very first game of the 3 in 4 for whatever reason against the Stars. It was pretty clear this wouldn't work out without tiring them out.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I mean the Leafs played their big forwards 27 minutes each in the very first game of the 3 in 4 for whatever reason. It was pretty clear this wouldn't work out without tiring them out.

The "whatever reason" was because they were behind and were fighting to get tied (and nearly did)

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Anyone know how many games the Leafs have played in last few days?

Asking for a city..

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Check out Buffalo’s xGF at 5v5...it’s not pretty for y’all
We were absolute garbage for like 95% of the game. Refs called a garbage penalty in a time game and it tilted it at that point and the Leafs push died. Leafs don't deserve this one but the refs definitely had an effect on it.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
I mean the Leafs played their big forwards 27 minutes each in the very first game of the 3 in 4 for whatever reason against the Stars. It was pretty clear this wouldn't work out without tiring them out.

So it's either the bottom 6 who sucks or Keefe.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The "whatever reason" was because they were behind and were fighting to get tied (and nearly did)

That is not smart minutes management . You can't tire out your big guns too much in the regular season.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Check out Buffalo’s xGF at 5v5...it’s not pretty for y’all

I don't think there's any argument Buffalo dominated tonight. If you want to pretend though that Toronto wasn't tilting the ice after two nice quick goals, only to have all the momentum taken away by two very iffy penalties, I guess that's your call.

You certainly wouldn't be alone in the group that isn't interested in being reasonable and is rather here to taunt for entertainment. Much like the refs tonight, it's sometime easier to play to the crowd and make friends.

Reactions: LastOne2100

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Oh I'm not saying the Leafs should've won. They were terrible tonight.

Still, I'm not sure anyone should be happy about reffing this bad.
Your fans in the building screeching when Nylander blows a tire doesn't get to be added to a supposed list of referee transgressions

Neither do several average body checks

They'll have plenty of time to cry about it while stuck on the peace bridge though :)

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
The Leafs have given up 40 Scoring Chances 5vs5....19 in the high danger area.

As a comparison, the ST.L vs Preds game had 24 to 17 for Scoring chances...and a 8-6 in high danger.

Ya as I said in the GDT - worse game I've ever tracked for a team in terms of 5v5 stats. There was a sudden spike the other way 5 mins in but awful calls ended that rebound.

Might be the worst two periods I've seen a team play in a long, long time. Reminds me of some of the DiPietro Islander teams.

Reactions: Tripod

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Of course when the Leafs tie it the refs take away their momentum with that power play leading to the 3rd Sabres goal. I'm so disgusted at how horrible they have been, it's a complete joke.

If the Leafs are that mentally fragile where letting up a PP goal makes them up and quit trying, then they aren't real contenders or built for the playoffs. The real joke is Toronto's team builders constructing a roster filled with perpetual losers that easily get deflated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad