GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/16/20 | some early starts again today

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Toronto got power plays in the third, and got a lot of chances but couldn’t beat buffalos backup goalie who did alright tonight for a change.
Toronto's 1 and only power play happened at the 16:42 mark of the 3rd period when the Sabres were leading 5-2. So that's the one fact you didn't bring up or did not want to since it goes against your argument.

Reactions: Metroid

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
the city is a dump so that doesn't help
It's getting better. There is a price to be paid when your region is the birthplace of electricity to the masses and your the #1 manufacturing center of the world for 20 years at the on set of the industrial age. You may not like what you see when you come here, but never forget, you haven't anything you have now as far as modern day living without the Buffalo/Niagara Falls region. The harnessing of electricity was born here, at least, to the masses. So instead of saying "hey, Buffalo sucks", why not say "I know you paid the price Buffalo, but thanks for giving us our modern electronic driven lives", you'll recover.

You say Tomato I say Tomato...………….

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Not a Bills fan, eh?
I was, until 90 to 94. Not that I still don't cheer for them, because I do. Played both hockey and football through my school years. But hockey has always had my heart more so, the French Connection cemented that for me.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This year seems to have been a turning point in the fanbase, at least from how I hear the guys talk at work. Especially with the Sabres starting strong and then returning to their usual ways and looking like another year outside of the playoffs.

The rebuild was supposed to be over already and it looks more like another one is needed since their neither good nor do they have any real top end talent coming through the pipeline that isn't already in the NHL (Eichel and Dhalin)
Yea, it sucks. New owners, pegging Murray as the GM then he went and traded away all those draft picks and prospects for Kane, ROR and so on. It really has been a drag. But, then again, the bankruptcy was horrible back in 2000 and even before then, the mid to late 80's were rough. It is what it is I reckon. But I cut my teeth, literally, on the French Connection, I actually wore Danny Gare's skates when I played for the Wheatfield Blades and the St. Catherine (Ontario) Tigers back when I was a young to mid teen. I just love hockey, and the Sabres are the hand I was dealt by way of my mum's breading habbits lol. As I said, it is what it is.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Pure luck is the only reason the score wasn’t far worse

20 HDCF....
Yeesh. 10.56 xGF% for Sandin-Barrie. 4.45 xGoals for the Sabres.

upload_2020-2-16_22-20-50.png

Reactions: Chainshot

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
i was only talking about the lack of pp’s. Not only for this game but the whole season we cant seem to draw penalties
That's because the Leafs don't take penalties either and there is a strong correlation between taking and drawing penalties. It doesn't have anything to do with how good teams are.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ottawa was on a back to back and had a busy week. These too many games excuses are getting old

Stars clearly played like shit for most of the game and looked completely out of gas in OT . I've never seen the team this slow in OT . Sens had legs tonight , Stars didn't and they deserved the win . They skated better today and it led to them winning today. I'm happy with the point Stars got out of this mess of a game.

As for the Leafs game . Well Leafs played a well rested Sabres team on a 3 in 4 . The Sabres should be winning that game.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
Stars clearly played like **** for most of the game and looked completely out of gas in OT . I've never seen the team this slow in OT . Sens had legs tonight , Stars didn't and they deserved the win . They skated better today and it led to them winning today. I'm happy with the point Stars got out of this mess of a game.

As for the Leafs game . Well Leafs played a well rested Sabres team on a 3 in 4 . The Sabres should be winning that game.

Blah blah we're the Leafs and are a good team but unless the condition are perfect we're not gonna win a single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad