GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/6/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Not to be overshadowed, Nyquist deserves a lot of credit for putting that puck in the exact right spot.

But ya... Three OTGWG's for Larkin so far this year. Captain clutch.

I hear a lot of consternation around Nyquist but every time I see him he looks p good.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Toronto's fire power is scary... that team can dominate. They got too fancy with the puck early on which cost them the win... that team is stacked with talent and will be for a long time.

As a Wings fan, love the heart of our future captain Larkin and any time you win missing our key players like Bert, Mantha and two of our very weak top 4 D in Dekeyser and Daley. I'll take it.. positive steps in the rebuild and the culture change in Hockey Town.

Reactions: LeeIs

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
I thought the game couldn't go to commercial break when a team was going on the PP? What happened to that?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Well, you don't have to be a Leafs fan but you gotta like their powerhouse offence. Or am I not allowed to say that? I don't know anymore, I'm constantly looking over my shoulder, some sniper is probably gaining on me. :laugh:

I saw what you wrote there in the GDT. I think you're wasting your time. It's all about "the rule is the rule", you're never going to win anything when someone takes that type of stance. Too bad, so sad. Time to move on.

It only applying to the Habs board makes this nonsense even worse for me. Looks like a select few whined enough and got their way. Oh well it is what it is I guess. I hope they enjoy their new fun board. :)

Reactions: Runner77

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
But there was 10 marks to give out
aIynALQ.gif

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I love how the Leafs come back from a 4-1 deficit, in a game featuring their backup and their star player's 1st hockey game of the year, and still got a point after a 5-game winning streak, and yet the Leaf haters are still out in force for some reason. :laugh:

Exciting OT that could have gone either way, and a nice goal by Larkin.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I love how the Leafs come back from a 4-1 deficit, in a game featuring their backup and their star player's 1st hockey game of the year, and still got a point after a 5-game winning streak, and yet the Leaf haters are still out in force for some reason. :laugh:

Bro there's like 3 people talking shit, if that's full force it's pretty chill

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I hear a lot of consternation around Nyquist but every time I see him he looks p good.

Having a career year. To be fair a lot of guys are.

Ken Holland is salivating. He's gotta be asking for a 1st round pick.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Having a career year. To be fair a lot of guys are.

Ken Holland is salivating. He's gotta be asking for a 1st round pick.

I always forget how old he is. He should return at least what Tomas Tatar got no? Feel like Boston could be an interesting fit in a division with Tampa, Toronto, Buffalo loaded for bear offensively.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I love the Leafs I dont really give a **** about the other teams

Hmm, interesting. I was going to write weird but a lot of people are like this so I chose the word interesting instead....I just think hockey is more compelling when you also cheer against your rivals and follow other teams players too.

Not saying they have to have anywhere close to the same value as your favourite team (because that’s what’s great about loving your team so much) but yeah that’s just how I see it.

I mean when you look at scores
Or watch highlights you at least hope your rival loses right?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Larkin is so underrated

Nah, ask Colorado fans, he's a #2C with limitations. :laugh:

Dylan Larkin: player with Good numbers on a bad team?

Seems like a poor man’s McDavid

He's blown through any ceiling Detroit fans had for him. Not among the league's elite but you really have to question if he's not shaping up to be a Bergeron/Zetterberg type player.

You can't help but look at the way he threads passes through traffic and salivate at a Larkin/Zadina duo down the road.

Reactions: KJoe88

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

We played our backup. Had a top line forward, a second line forward, two of our top 4 D all out due to injury. And whatever we call Helm - fourth liner playing in the top 6 sometimes....

The Leafs did not play well for 40 minutes. Their back-end looked as bad as people talk about when throttling the expectations on the team. Not a good game. Maybe just an off-night. But I don't like their back-end whenever I see them. We will have to see, Babs has some things to work on if he is going to pay off the expectations on this team. They have to add a top 4 D-man for me at the deadline.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I always forget how old he is. He should return at least what Tomas Tatar got no? Feel like Boston could be an interesting fit in a division with Tampa, Toronto, Buffalo loaded for bear offensively.

Nah. Tatar had term left, Nyquist doesn't.

Reactions: 7even

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Lol unless he trades with McPhee again he's not getting what Tatar got.

But he may pull a 1st or a 2nd +.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad