GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/6/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
Anyone have a video of what dumba did?

That thread seems to have gotten locked before it got good.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
You don’t think the average Joe sports fan has teams they cheer for and against?
The Average Joe? Nah...

Maybe they hate a specific player. So, in turn hate the team? But I think the average fan doesn't care at all what happens to a league outside of their team or teams

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Giordano's leg looked very purposefully extended on some stills. But that's stills. I don't know if it was on purpose or not but there's nothing that would make it look like a conclusive attempt to knee. It's just one of those things they'll keep filed away and if it happens again they might lean toward "on purpose".

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Anyone have a video of what dumba did?

That thread seems to have gotten locked before it got good.

I mostly don't like that he leaves his feet and hits Backlund in the head with 30 seconds left in a 2-0 game. Then doesn't answer the bell against a player he has 3 inches on. I didn't really like Giordano's play either but he was just going for a play and missed. Guy is kind of old after all. Sounds like Backlund might be concussed, and it wouldn't of happened if the refs had called the obvious trip on him with the puck in the Wild's zone 2 minutes earlier.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Vegas is back to being a powerhouse if anyone hasn't noticed. Schmidt completed them. Like they had a bash brother out of the line up.

Reactions: allevat and GKG18

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I mostly don't like that he leaves his feet and hits Backlund in the head with 30 seconds left in a 2-0 game. Then doesn't answer the bell against a player he has 3 inches on. I didn't really like Giordano's play either but he was just going for a play and missed. Guy is kind of old after all. Sounds like Backlund might be concussed, and it wouldn't of happened if the refs had called the obvious trip on him with the puck in the Wild's zone 2 minutes earlier.

43 seconds left.

2 goals isn't insurmountable with 45 seconds, a man advantage, and an offensive zone face-off. I'm sure that if he did see the plug coming, that he would've much rather tried to play a part in tying the game up than sitting in the box for the remainder.

Either way, both of our teams have a star that "turtles" against 4th line nobodies. We're even.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
I'm sure that if he did see the plug coming, that he would've much rather tried to play a part in tying the game up than sitting in the box for the remainder.

He certainly wasn't caring about tying up the game with that hit with 55 seconds left. He was looking to sit in the box, but he was denied that request.

That's the problem with Dumba's hit besides where it was located. We know what his intent was in that situation. It was to blow a guy up, not score a goal.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He certainly wasn't caring about tying up the game with that hit with 55 seconds left. He was looking to sit in the box, but he was denied that request.

That's the problem with Dumba's hit besides where it was located. We know what his intent was in that situation. It was to blow a guy up, not score a goal.

And he was given new life, and made a different decision at a different time. Saw that he wasn't going to be called (good on the ref for making the right no-call), (probably) saw somebody coming for him, and chose to get punched once in the top of the head and play on the power play over an early exit.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Vegas is back to being a powerhouse if anyone hasn't noticed. Schmidt completed them. Like they had a bash brother out of the line up.
Much as I want to endorse this, I don't think beating Chicago in comeback fashion is the best indicator. Beating Washington in comeback fashion? Well I guess that would be a different story if they hadn't just been embarrassed by blowing a 5-1 lead to the Ducks.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I probably will for a while whenever I'm watching a game. I just don't like being told that I can't voice my opinion on a subject because a select few don't like it. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" of the Habs board. :sarcasm:

Can't offend anyone in anyway shape or form , the solution to appease fragile people is to bubble wrap every room they enter...

Reactions: sheed36

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Hmm.... I have seen four of them, I think you're dead wrong there. You have to be playing at an extremely high level with a decent will and variety to your game to get 16 wins at that time of year.
There is no "formula" to winning. You just have to beat the other team. If that's from having a more balanced team and limiting your weaknesses or from catering to your strengths and excelling in certain areas, it doesn't matter. We've seen both types of teams win consistently, though more recently it is trending to teams that capitalize on their strengths. Every Cup winner in the cap world has had a relative weakness of some sort.

That Leafs team can win with offense and my goalie steals it. Welp the other big heavyweight teams have more than that going for them when I look at them. But we will have to see if the Leafs progress, still a lot of season left.
We've also won playing defense. A defense that features one the best defensemen in the league, and has gotten good results. We've also won while never actually having our team fully together and healthy. Andersen has been amazing this year, and has been a steady, consistent force from game #1 for the first time in his career, but he has not been "stealing" many games for us. I won't even start with Sparks.

Leafs are 5th in GA/GP despite 2 rookie D, a rookie backup that couldn't stop a beach ball in 3 of his games, and an incomplete roster for the entire season. Leafs have also scored first and led for a lot of the season, which skews our shot statistics, but before last night, they were something like 14-0 when scoring first and when taking leads into the 3rd.

I fail to see these powerhouse teams with no weaknesses that you are talking about. Also, defense is a team thing, and can be effectively done in multiple different ways. Defense in hockey is a lot more complicated than 6 people crushing people into boards in their own zone. I would expect a Detroit fan if anyone would know that.

Point remains that there's really no reason for either Toronto or Detroit fans to be that upset or taunting people because of last night's game. Nobody has that much to be upset about, and nobody has that much to be proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad