GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/6/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Hmm, interesting. I was going to write weird but a lot of people are like this so I chose the word interesting instead....I just think hockey is more compelling when you also cheer against your rivals and follow other teams players too.

Not saying they have to have anywhere close to the same value as your favourite team (because that’s what’s great about loving your team so much) but yeah that’s just how I see it.

I mean when you look at scores
Or watch highlights you at least hope your rival loses right?

I get were you’re going. In the regular season tho, I dont really hope other teams lose even rivals especially this early in the season. Once playoffs roll around, thats another story and I’ll probably hate the team the Leafs are going against pretty bad

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Hmm, interesting. I was going to write weird but a lot of people are like this so I chose the word interesting instead....I just think hockey is more compelling when you also cheer against your rivals and follow other teams players too.

Not saying they have to have anywhere close to the same value as your favourite team (because that’s what’s great about loving your team so much) but yeah that’s just how I see it.

I mean when you look at scores
Or watch highlights you at least hope your rival loses right?

I'll always be happy to see rivals lose but I can't follow them around and cheer for them to lose. I don't have nearly the emotional energy or time for that.

Reactions: La Masse

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It only applying to the Habs board makes this nonsense even worse for me. Looks like a select few whined enough and got their way. Oh well it is what it is I guess. I hope they enjoy their new fun board. :)

I don't know how many posters are going to put up with that. Some have folded like a cheap tent but that's their business. When you can't post what you think, it's not posting anymore. I'm sure there are other forums and threads like this one, where you can reminisce what it's like to enjoy posting what you like again.

Reactions: sheed36

sadpanda

May 19, 2016
Stockholm
Nah its what you call being a fan. I watch other games for fun but in the end I cheer for one team only. Cheering for another team to lose is childish IMO

Yea gtfo. Now when you are this mature, talking about Jack Eichel's looks is not childish?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
e54061c1a374f59ad3a3511392bde2dcfdf628ddc140129f76fa05714a73dff5.jpg

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
In what way? Because the team was a complete dumpster fire including himself

More or less said there were a lot of "Ups and downs" when he was there. Pretty sure during a sit-down they aired in the first he straight up said they seemed like they were intentionally not competing while he was there.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Blash talking about how he's happy they outplayed Toronto for two periods... Meanwhile he's staring off into space like he's having PTSD flashbacks about that third period. :laugh:

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Just a friendly reminder that Point is now tied for the league lead in goals and there is no way in hell we can pay him

#dooooooomed!
Silver lining: the haul you'll get when you trade him(or someone else). Better yet, offer sheet. If I were Tampa I'd be happy with my current team and 2 1sts the next 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad