GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/30/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I hate it when teams with a lead go into the third and just try and play defense with no jump.

Especially when it’s your team, the lead is by ONE and your’re at home.

No shots in 12 mins for the sabres but still up 1-0 in the third half way in.

I mean yeah it’s working so far but that’s because of Hutton so I hope this isn’t mostly just a system based-approach and it’s more the flames being hungry and controlling the play territorially.

Calgary is more desperate as they should be losing but buffalo doesent have jump and feel as if they are going through the motions......

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
It's amusing how the Canes keep playing Darling. I mean, he's proven beyond any reasonable doubt that he is not going to do a good job, neither as a starter nor as a backup. Yet he's still there, doing his thing :D

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Not a good penalty for Eichel to take there.

I’m not just defending the guy as
That would seem like an obvious thing for me to do but that “elbowing” call was sketchy as hell. There was barely contact and I’m probably the person that complains about officiating the least. I honestly haven’t blamed refs in over ten years, you will see a lot of things from me but maybe because it was a rule as a broadcaster in junior hockey to not touch on the refs, I don’t out of habit.

But yeah, sketchy call....so obviously the one Time I say something bad it’s a call on Jack, lol. But no that’s all I’ll say about it, even if the flames had scored that’s hockey you roll with it.

While Eichel, it hasn’t been an AMAZING game from him......but I like his back-checking and physical play the last four or five games, he’s managed to be a leader, accountable, play defense and use his size while maintaining a PPG pace. He’s been on all year and I’m not quoting you as if to say you were bashing him as I think you even said earlier he “was on” or whatever, so I know it wasn’t like that, to be honest he only hasn’t been on only a couple games this guest, one was against Montreal. The ironic part is his best two games were in blowout losses to San Jose (and Vegas) ...go figure.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Assists, especially second assists are meaningless eh? An example of why that’s false, here’s McDavid driving the entire play and not even picking up a secondary assist. Drai from Nuge and Klef

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Assists, especially second assists are meaningless eh? An example of why that’s false, here’s McDavid driving the entire play and not even picking up a secondary assist. Drai from Nuge and Klef

I wouldn't say they are meaningless, but they should be listed as 2 different stats (but still a point).... but ya, that's a hockey play, it happens.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I’m not just defending the guy as
It would seem obvious but that was sketchy as hell. There was barely contact and I’m probably the person that complains about officiating the least. I honestly haven’t blamed refs in over ten years, you will see a lot of things from me but maybe because it was a rule as a broadcaster in junior hockey to not touch on the refs, I don’t out of habit.

But yeah, sketchy call....so obviously the one Time I say something bad it’s a call on Jack, lol. But no that’s all I’ll say about it, even if the flames had scored that’s hockey you roll with it.

While Eichel, it hasn’t been an AMAZING game from him......but I like his back-checking and physical play the last four or five games, he’s managed to be a leader, accountable, play defense and use his size while maintaining a PPG pace. He’s been on all year and I’m not quoting you as if to say you were bashing him as I think you even payed earlier he was on or whatever but only a couple games he wasn’t one against Montreal. The ironic part is his best two games were in blowout losses to San Jose (and Vegas) ...go figure.

Announcers touched up on it perfectly IMO. Eichel had no reason to jut out the elbow there in the offensive end looking for a hit in that instance. I think that's as easy a call as there is to make. If he just tucks his elbows in and goes shoulder to shoulder then no call would have been made. That said, it's the Flames PP so if anything it was a guaranteed 2 minute kill for the Sabres lol. That said though, I think Eichel's looked pretty good this game especially early on.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Of course that happened, I just said YOU don’t play that system isn’t he third and expect to win 1-0.

Tkachuk is great this year I told my brother who needed my help in his pool to take him.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Announcers touched up on it perfectly IMO. Eichel had no reason to jut out the elbow there in the offensive end looking for a hit in that instance. I think that's as easy a call as there is to make. If he just tucks his elbows in and goes shoulder to shoulder then no call would have been made. That said, it's the Flames PP so if anything it was a guaranteed 2 minute kill for the Sabres lol. That said though, I think Eichel's looked pretty good this game especially early on.

Yeah this is a middle of the road game for him of the 12 like maybe his 8th best, I know when it’s he only goal it can have a positive influence but I think the flames D has improved the last few games they shut down the leafs and he usually has better puck control, that last play in the corner in the final minute was a perfect example, usually he’s able to cycle on his own and on his strides lose defenders but I think Hanifin? Shut him down.

Anyway your explanation of the call works.

Reactions: missionAvs

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
This goal decision in the game between Dallas and Montreal is tough... Gallagher is pushed... but did the contact stop Bishop from making a save? I dunno.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Barzal with 1 goal and 11 assists in 11 games, would be pretty sweet if he can keep that pace because he would have 8 goals and 82 assists for 90 points

Reactions: JerseyMike34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad