GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/30/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Oh. What a surprise, Jeremy roenick with the anti-Nash narrative. f*** off blackhawk stoolie.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Are goalies not allowed to have bad games? I never said he was the best in the league. He’s been the winning Stanley Cup goaltender in 2 of his first 3 years. I’ll take that. No matter what anyone else says about him.

Niemi has a ring, Hank does not. Cups doesn’t = better players. Murray hasn’t just had bad games he’s been consistently awful and a bottom tier goalie since he took over the starter position with flower gone. He was awful last season and he hasn’t done much to silence any doubters and skeptics with his play this season. If he had a single bad game here and there that’s fine but a majority of his starts this year he has allowed 5+ goals. He isn’t a top ten goalie at all and 2 cups where he was not even playing a starters workload in the regular season doesn’t mean he is as great as you are making him out to be.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Man, I really struck a nerve with you didn’t I? Sorry you are so mad over this. He’s an above average NHL starting goaltender whether you like it or not.
The only one mad in this thread is you over people not thinking as highly of Murray as you do... he is just average but gets propped over many other starters up by two titles in argument over who is better

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Niemi has a ring, Hank doesn’t cups doesn’t = better players. Murray hasn’t just had bad games he’s been consistently awful and a bottom tier goalie since he took over the starter position with flower gone. He was awful last season and he hasn’t done much to silence any doubters and skeptics with his play this season. If he had a single bad game here and there that’s fine but a majority of his starts this year he has allowed 5+ goals. He isn’t a top ten goalie at all and 2 cups where he was not even playing a starters workload in the regular season doesn’t mean he is as great as you are making him out to be.

Once again, reading comprehension on this site is lacking. I stated 4 times that he’s an above average goaltender. Not great. Two different things.

If you don’t think he was good in 2016 during the regular season and Stanley Cup run, then it’s pointless to argue with you.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Josi doesn't destroy. Wish he did, but he's pretty soft. Vegas seems to have some issues with balance tonight. I mean, people are folding when getting into contact with Ellis like he's ****ing Chara sized.
Eh. Point is he threw a clean hit. Destroy was an overstatement clearly. Eakin popped right back up.

Reactions: bdub24

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Once again, reading comprehension on this site is lacking. I stated 4 times that he’s an above average goaltender. Not great. Two different things.

If you don’t think he was good in 2016 during the regular season and Stanley Cup run, then it’s pointless to argue with you.

You're arguing against a person who's mad about his fantasy team and a person who wouldn't compliment the Penguins if they saved his kids from a house fire, so I wouldn't even bother.

Axel

Mar 19, 2013
Ugh, Lehner out (hurt?) for the Islanders...and Greiss gives up a goal on the first shot.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Kucherov just fell over and died blocking a shot. I'd bet he'll be back.

Good on the officials for not blowing the puck dead.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

He was great in 2016 but he was also on a team that dominated possession and shot totals. He is the goalie everyone on this board thought Crawford was after 2013 (a goalie who benefitted greatly from a great team defense)

Rinne
Price
Hank
Helleybuck
Fleury
Crawford
Vasi
Gibson
Andersen
Rask
Dubynk
Raanta
Jones
Holtby
Bob

All being better than Murray doesn’t make him an above average goalie

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
He's also defending a guy that got carried to two championships so you're right there isn't really a point.

And you're just mad that you're not getting fake fantasy points from a goaltender you drafted even though you don't actually think he's that good. No one's really coming off that well in this argument. I'm probably coming off the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad