GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/30/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Wow. Things just falling into place for TB tonight.

NJ is having the kind of game TB had against ARI the other night.

3 pt night for McDonagh. He's been absolutely spectacular this season. Glad to see him rewarded.

5 pt night for Point.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
The better team won.
I Guess when your on the PP for getting hit.....you will get more shots. Refs must of felt sorry after one bad call and decided to not call anything on them the rest of the game and gave the Sabres penalties for breathing on them.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Wow Sheary... What a whiff on an absolutely beautiful setup from Dahlin...

Sheary has done this about a thirty times this season. Ask anyone else this is not even an exaggeration.

Ugh I hate the way this team played in the third and in overtime, they’re not used to overtime, hasn’t played one until last game and these have been two ot losses in a row and they have to work on their power play.

Good effort by the flames.

I hate being one of those fans who just thinks wins and losses only come because of how YOUR team played.

So credit where it’s due.

I didn’t really like Eich at the end but kind of a situation he’s not really used to playing, I still thought he could of dove Or something....in that situation. It’s a shame because he was so great on the back check tonight and to have it end like that? Isn’t really fitting....I can see why he was frustrated. That’s actually the first time he’s slammed he stick on the net since he’s been captain. He’s been really careful not to wear his emotion on his sleeve like that this season but it kind of makes sense when you think about it, I mean you have the potential game winner all night until the Final minute you’re up 1-0 the entire game at home ....you think it’s over within a minute and it goes to ot, you fail on the PP (AHOME OT PP at that!) then you get caught and it’s you who had a chance to stop this bad outcome....and you don’t ...and game over.

It’s funny though because as Eich goes to Wack the stick it doesent break and he kind of stops himself right after contact to the net ....Almost as if he remembers (oh yeah I’m the leader can’t do that anymore.) there have been maaaaany times he could of done that as our losses have been baaaad when they happen but that kind of loss considering the circumstances would infuriate anyone.

Good job for the flames, I like that team

Last edited:
Reactions: JurassicTunga

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
That's a joke that MTL goal. If Price were getting mugged like that every crepe shop in the province would be razed to the ground in protest.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Halak stealing the number 1 spot in Boston, guy has been very good so far, maybe the best Isles player acquired:sarcasm:

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Is that really the attention to defensive detail that 10M gets you these days?

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
I Guess when your on the PP for getting hit.....you will get more shots. Refs must of felt sorry after one bad call and decided to not call anything on them the rest of the game and gave the Sabres penalties for breathing on them.
The Flames badly outplayed Buffalo. It could have been 5 to 1 easy for Calgary. Be happy the Sabres got a point.

Reactions: Snakepit

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I hope Paquette and Rooney go at it again.

That was just not a good tilt. Rooney went out hunting for Paquette for maybe throwing 3 hits tonight?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Buffalos first 5 game point streak in nearly seven years. Lol, gotta love the three point system back to back overtime losses and breaking a 7 year record

Eichel got caught watching and the midget made him pay.

Well he stayed in the lane and let Hutton take the shooter then when the pass came he put his sick right where gaudreaus was but it was off. Did it look like he could of done more there, absolutely ....dive If you have too (but it’s not like he just stood there he took the defender and then got in the lane and placed his stick in the lane but it missed him)....and as I said above it sucks because in this game he was great on the back check all night and scored the only goal for most of the night so to have that kind of situation isn’t really his fortAy either so to have it end like that really is a shame.

Good resilience by the flames.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Yeah that was impressive. Absolutely abused Risto down in their own corner and goes right back the other way. I don't know if he got an assist there but goal doesn't happen without him.

That was something for sure. Breaks up the play in front of his own net, steals it in the corner, then skates 200ft faster than anyone else to the alot to assist on the winning goal

Reactions: missionAvs

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Buffalo Calgary game was entertainment. Hutton looked poised for a shutout. Calgary's 2nd game on a back 2 back and 1-0 Sabres for the longest time. Calgary scores a crazy double deflection goal with less than a minute, EN.

* Earlier in the game a disallowed goal (refs intention of blowing whistle) against Calgary.

OT winner, JOhhny hockey from Giordano and Monahan.
Buffalo had this game, they also had full 2 min PP in overtime. WOW. Tough loss. Good hockey game . :thumbu:

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
You had like
The Flames badly outplayed Buffalo. It could have been 5 to 1 easy for Calgary. Be happy the Sabres got a point.
2 legitimate scoring chances and tied it off a lucky doube deflection...its not as if they got tons of shots from high scoring areas.... Sabres 1st and 4th line were both winning their matchups for the most part...

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Domi haha. Cross checks Polak about 5 times and finally Polak has enough and just swats Domi to the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad