GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/30/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Just another instance where I hate the offsides review concept. It delays a game because you think someone was barely offsides. It's wasted time.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Bruins had a goal taken back because the puck hit a ref, then hit a carolina player and in to their net. Aren't refs just part of the playing surface?

Is that a rule? I've genuinely never seen it before.

The puck hit a Carolina player before going in the net.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Offsides review on that goal...stand by. He looks offside.
This is when the coaches challenge is annoying. Even if he was a hair offside, does that really give Eberle an advantage? We should want as many goals as possible. The eye test should be okay in that situation.

And the blue line should go to the ceiling. Again, does his skate being half a centimeter off the ice really give him an advantage?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Lol yeah, except for the fact that the Islanders are running away with the game, they're totally playing like garbage. They are getting good bounces, to be fair.

They definitely are capitalizing on their chances but as an Islanders fan I seen this all to often from the opposite side where we outplay the other team but they end up beating us like 5-1(many times against the Penguins)

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Still have anymore excuses?

Murray had a bad game as well as the rest of the Pens D.

Sorry if one bad game is not going to make me question our extremely young 2x Stanley Cup winning goalie. I’m not that quick to jump off of a ledge.

How’s your goalie doing? 2 time Stanley Cup? May be yours needs replaced also.

Oh you’re a Sharks fan? Lol sorry for what Murray did to your team 3 years ago in the Cup finals.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada

Sorry if one bad game is not going to make me question our extremely young 2x Stanley Cup winning goalie. I’m not that quick to jump off of a ledge.

Ah yes because you always have to deflect and attack the person calling you out. He's not top tier. He benefitted from an amazing team.

I'm pretty sure Jones could've won the cup for Pittsburgh if those teams were in front of him.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I don't buy the 'tall man' argument often, all most of them have to do, is bend their knees a few inches. Problem solved.

I know. And I agree completely. Coburn SHOULD know better and definitely deserved the penalty. I was just tweaking on some fans of a few prominent players who tend to excuse the questionable hitting of their favs by claiming that the player is just "too tall" or "too fast" to be able to hit cleanly. ;)

Reactions: JerseyMike34

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
These type of offside reviews are the ones that work. It's the ones were a team has 15 seconds worth of possession in the zone, then score, then it gets challenged. Those are the irrelevant time wasters.

Some human error is ok.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Ah yes because you always have to deflect and attack the person calling you out. He's not top tier. He benefitted from an amazing team.

I never called him top tier. Reading comprehension is a useful tool. I could care less if he’s top tier or the worst in the league. Only thing that matters to me is that the team wins.

How many cups do the Sharks have? My memory can’t remember any.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada

Oh you’re a Sharks fan? Lol sorry for what Murray did to your team 3 years ago in the Cup finals.

Do you know how stupid that last comment makes you look? Murray played well sure, but the team in front of him beat the Sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad