GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/28/2022 | Hey other guy, it's quality over quantity.... I have neither

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Eichel has been working admirably hard to be a well-rounded team player, and not The Man as he was in Buffalo. By all accounts, he's happier in this new role, and is simply looking forward to completing a full season if possible without another injury. And the VGK organization seems perfectly good with all that.
Well hopefully he can stay healthy. I think they need him to be a special player in the playoffs to win the cup, otherwise it's just the same old.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Well hopefully he can stay healthy. I think they need him to be a special player in the playoffs to win the cup, otherwise it's just the same old.
If Eichel can just get to the playoffs for the first time in his career, my guess is that he will kick it up a notch. FWIW, Phil Kessel seems to be having a good infuence on him.

Reactions: Devonator

Elbombatzo

Oct 5, 2019
Erfurt
I think so. Everyone was expecting the Devils to get caved and they're playing a strong game.
Maybe that's the right way to beat the Avs, though it's not really pretty. I haven't seen a more boring Avs game in a long time. Usually even our defeats are relatively action-packed as well.

That's not a knock on the Devils. They play what they can/should. But it hurts to see such games IMO.

I hope that the third will be better.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
update: they’re playing a joke of a team, us aka cbj.
Yea, like the all the other top teams are not playing the Jackets, Wings, Devils, Flyers, Coyotes, Canucks, Kraken, Habs, Ducks, Sharks, ......half the keague sucks........nobody is playing contenders every night . It's the NHL

Last edited:
Reactions: Devonator

Elbombatzo

Oct 5, 2019
Erfurt
not a eventful game and a 0-0 score.

"Its the Devils fault"
"They play the trap"
"yawn Devils its not the early 2000's anymore".

le sigh.
That was not what I wanted to say. As I said, I don't want to badmouth the Devils either. Nonetheless, the game so far has really not been good. I hope that the goal will give the whole thing a bit of pepper/action.

Reactions: Xirik

Elbombatzo

Oct 5, 2019
Erfurt
I'm personally enjoying it. Its two teams battling in the middle and not giving an inch.
Defensively and tactically, it's undoubtedly a good game. The Devils are very good at taking our first line out of the game. And even our defense rarely gets going offensively today. With the injuries we have, that's half the battle (no excuse). Let's see how the third develops.

Devild D und G looks very good.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Islanders looking good in Raleigh up 4-2.

Canes not scoring on that long 5v3 might be the turning point in this game.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Not gonna lie I'm getting frustrated at the Avs inability to score/scoring depth.

Was much more fun watching a team that could score 4 goals on a nightly basis.

Reactions: Elbombatzo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad