GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/11/19 - another quiet night , who's making the schedule ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Ducks play a bit of a boring style of play, but with 1 minute to go, they are leading.... so what the hell do I know.
You don't say.. 5 games into the season they are yet to participate in one with more than 4 goals scored between both teams. Reminds of Lemaire's Devils.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Islanders see any regression on their goals against and the end result won’t be good for them.

Just don’t think they are good enough yet, on offense, to get into track meets.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Mat Barzal with some slick skating in the Carolina zone, but Bret Pesce wasn't having any of it....stayed with him and relieved him of the puck.
Pesce may very well be one of the more underrated defensive defensemen in the league.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Mat Barzal with some slick skating in the Carolina zone, but Bret Pesce wasn't having any of it....stayed with him and relieved him of the puck.
Pesce may very well be one of the more underrated defensive defensemen in the league.
Brett Pesce might be the best Hurricanes defender, and that's on a team with Jaccob Slavin and Dougie Hamilton.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
This announcer for the Jackets? Sucks. He's been off all game.

The Game was a slow one, picked up but never got into the 3rd gear.

Milano looks like a player. Jenner can't seem to hit the net. The Ducks play a bit of a boring style of play, but with 1 minute to go, they are leading.... so what the hell do I know.
This years team is exponentially more entertaining than the one we were forced to endure last year. And I’m not saying that because of the record.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This years team is exponentially more entertaining than the one we were forced to endure last year. And I’m not saying that because of the record.

If the Ducks can get a half decent PP going, and with their current PK and Goaltending, they can make some noise this year. The chances are there but it’s not hitting the score sheet just yet.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Canes scored just now on an impressive two on one, but the Islanders till that point are showing just what a good stout defense can do to even a shoot first attack style like Carolina's.

Whomever thinks the Isles "played over their heads" last season simply wasn't paying attention.
The Isles will be a top three team in the Metro when all is said n done, and I still question whether the Hurricanes can maintain their insane pace and duplicate last season.

When the Isles DO pressure Carolina, it makes the Canes look very ordinary and Petr Mrazek very uncomfortable.

Carolina is still a very dangerous team, but IMO, hardly the unstoppable force some people seem to be making them out to be.

Okay.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Islanders see any regression on their goals against and the end result won’t be good for them.

Just don’t think they are good enough yet, on offense, to get into track meets.
Their roster just isn't that impressive, and they lost one of their best players over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad