GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/11/19 - another quiet night , who's making the schedule ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
NHL 11-1.JPG
NHL 11-2.JPG

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Hmm. No strong opinions from me on any of these games, hard to peg anything to bet on. Maybe Canes over Isles?

Paradise Circus

May 27, 2010
YVR
Love watching Dahlin. Him and Q. Hughes have different styles but are fascinating to watch. The Panthers Sabres game should be a good one.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Love watching Dahlin. Him and Q. Hughes have different styles but are fascinating to watch. The Panthers Sabres game should be a good one.
Idk, the Panthers play a pretty boring game (at least used to; I haven’t watched them under Q as coach yet), and they’ve had our number for a while. I’m expecting a frustrating, 4-2 loss for the swords tonight.

Paradise Circus

May 27, 2010
YVR
Idk, the Panthers play a pretty boring game (at least used to; I haven’t watched them under Q as coach yet), and they’ve had our number for a while. I’m expecting a frustrating, 4-2 loss for the swords tonight.

A lot of these early season games seem to be high scoring at the oddest times...

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Some idiot in my keeper league dropped Dahlin...

Got him early in the draft this year, so I'm pretty excited.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Did Brian Burke just compare Eichel's skating to McDavid's....?

"McDavid takes 12 strides to get down the ice, but Jack can get their in 8 strides around the same speed".

Eichel also deserves to be in the same conversation as McDavid?

Yikes, Brian.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Did Brian Burke just compare Eichel's skating to McDavid's....?

"McDavid takes 12 strides to get down the ice, but Jack can get their in 8 strides around the same speed".

Eichel also deserves to be in the same conversation as McDavid?

Yikes, Brian.

well he's not wrong about the strides.....but theres more to skating them just a straight line down the ice... and the rest that entails skating has McDavid miles ahead

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I'm giving the Ducks/Jackets a shot.

Can't believe there is no late game tonight, I'm gonna have to watch baseball....or cfl.... good lord.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Jeez. Forth game I see this season, and I've yet to see a single hit. What a god damn sad thing this league has become. If not for all the young talent coming in, it would be completely unwatchable.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
It would be nice if the NHL got their collective shit together and knocked off the teams with 4 off nights this early in the season and having a balance between every other night games.

These nights of 12-14 games and 3 the next night is stupid.

Reactions: JerseyMike34

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Jeez. Forth game I see this season, and I've yet to see a single hit. What a god damn sad thing this league has become. If not for all the young talent coming in, it would be completely unwatchable.
Yup, the older style of game was far more entertaining.
I'm not sure there has been much body contact in this Ducks game so far. It was a very boring 0-0 1st period. When you remove the hitting, and the gritty aspect of the game, and don't have players flying around and scoring, it's not very fun to watch.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm not sure there has been much body contact in this Ducks game so far. It was a very boring 0-0 1st period. When you remove the hitting, and the gritty aspect of the game, and don't have players flying around and scoring, it's not very fun to watch.

Yeah that Penguins/Ducks game last night was sleep inducing. I can't remember the last time I turned off a Penguins game, last night I ditched it in the middle of the second.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Canes scored just now on an impressive two on one, but the Islanders till that point are showing just what a good stout defense can do to even a shoot first attack style like Carolina's.

Whomever thinks the Isles "played over their heads" last season simply wasn't paying attention.
The Isles will be a top three team in the Metro when all is said n done, and I still question whether the Hurricanes can maintain their insane pace and duplicate last season.

When the Isles DO pressure Carolina, it makes the Canes look very ordinary and Petr Mrazek very uncomfortable.

Carolina is still a very dangerous team, but IMO, hardly the unstoppable force some people seem to be making them out to be.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Reactions: iCanada

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Man.. i dont think the Girgenson, Okposo, Larsson line have lost more than a handful of shifts this year.

They've been dominate all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad