GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/11/19 - another quiet night , who's making the schedule ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Alright, the bit of the Canes/Isles I watched, was alright...

But back to the figure skating Ducks/Jackets....

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Alex Wennberg looks awful.

I've wondered for a couple seasons just what the hell happened to that guy!

Started out with such promise, looked like he might even be a Ryan O'Reilly or Anze Kopitar type center, meaning a face off monster that could set up ANYONE on a scoring play...…..
Then.....nothing...….sometimes I even forget he is in the league still!

Gotta be a "between the ears", confidence, or "heart for the game" thing because he looks like he has a good skillset.
Either way, some wasted years for him thus far in his career.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Canes make it 2-1 with 5 min left in the 1st.
They certainly are relentless on the attack.

Dzingel almost made it 3-1.... Isles need to buckle down and try to turn this back to the more smash mouth type of game they had going for a bit.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Bad penalty Getzlaf.......

Blue Jackets look like the better team after the intermission.....

It's still a pretty big dog of a game.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
2-0 ducks.... Nice shot Fowler

Jackets had a few PP chances in the 2nd, looked just brutal on all of em, and the Ducks lead.

The game is juuuuuust starting to pick up...

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
2-1.... jackets on the board.

Miller hasn't looked great, I feel like he's losing sight of the puck easily along the boards/in traffic

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Yup, the older style of game was far more entertaining.
I'm not sure there has been much body contact in this Ducks game so far. It was a very boring 0-0 1st period. When you remove the hitting, and the gritty aspect of the game, and don't have players flying around and scoring, it's not very fun to watch.
If the scoring starts going down, then this league is in deep trouble. There's nothing going on except goals forward atm, But that seems to be enough to trick the modern fan. Just imagine a new Dead Puck era but without hits and any kind of intensity.

Reactions: JerseyMike34

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Wow...Weeger just hammered Jack Eichel hard against the boards (legal hit)…..wonder if the Sabres are gonna let that pass.....
Who in the Sabres soft team is going to do anything about it? I can't believe no team "gear up" and go hard on the star players, because they're all unprotected.

Edit: Glad Eichel is ok thou. I really hope this is the year he shows this league what he's truly capable of.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Who in the Sabres soft team is going to do anything about it? I can't believe no team "gear up" and go hard on the star players, because they're all unprotected.

Edit: Glad Eichel is ok thou. I really hope this is the year he shows this league what he's truly capable of.

If he got up fine, which apparently he did, then no one will do anything.

Like you said, very few teams have a player that will stick up for a teammate anymore, the players are so worried about taking penalties and it ruining their personal stats, they all just slink away.

I do think there will be a time when the league gets rough again, not like the old school Flyers, or even like 1990's but you'll get some bruisers. Can't wait for a GM to take that chance.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Johnny Boychuk with a rocket makes it a 2-2 game.

Mrazek saw the shot...clear as day....he just couldn't do anything with that USS Boychuk blast!
Then he takes off the glove and gives the finger gun towards the goal...

Don't think I've seen something like that since Jagr would take off his glove and salute.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

You may have a point...however, that hit seemed to actually invigorate the Sabres as they rained holy hell (in the hockey sense) on the Panthers shortly after that hit and got a goal out of it as the period came to a close.
And yea...Jack seems no worse for wear at least on the surface.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
The Hatford/Long Island game is pretty good.... But I must finish what I started, back to Columbus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad