GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
And now a second review on the play, this time for goaltender interference.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
How the hell was that a goal? Only reason it went in was because Pavelski pushes Luongo's pad out of the way

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
The puck was loose. Not sure how you could say that's GI.

Agreed. I could see the argument for Luongo getting pushed, but it was with a stick and they were playing a loose puck. Good call by the refs imo.

Get it back Panthers!

Reactions: Kegsey

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
How the hell was that a goal? Only reason it went in was because Pavelski pushes Luongo's pad out of the way

Are you serious? They were playing the puck. It's that black round thing that was sitting next to Luongo's pad.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Yeah, my thinking is if Luongo was pushed by a body then it's interference, but the sticks were there playing the loose puck

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Are you serious? They were playing the puck. It's that black round thing that was sitting next to Luongo's pad.

Yes the puck is loose. You can't push a goalies pad into the net to cause a goal. Luongo is holding the post when Pavelski pushes his pad causing Luongo to lose the post. The puck enters the net where Luongo's pad was. As a goalie that is clear interference

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Yes the puck is loose. You can't push a goalies pad into the net to cause a goal. Luongo is holding the post when Pavelski pushes his pad causing Luongo to lose the post. The puck enters the net where Luongo's pad was. As a goalie that is clear interference

They pushed the puck into the net dude. Luongo did not have the puck. I'm sorry if you don't understand the rules but that is not "clear interference." Even the other Panthers fan agrees it was the right call.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
They pushed the puck into the net dude. Luongo did not have the puck. I'm sorry if you don't understand the rules but that is not "clear interference." Even the other Panthers fan agrees it was the right call.

I'm not a Panthers fan, just cheering against the Sharks haha. But regardless I do agree, the Sharks shouldn't just not play a loose puck because it's next to a goalies pads

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
I'm not a Panthers fan, just cheering against the Sharks haha. But regardless I do agree, the Sharks shouldn't just not play a loose puck because it's next to a goalies pads

I agree to play the puck. But when the stick accidentally pushes Luongo's pad to change the outcome of the play that results in a goal, seems like interference

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I agree to play the puck. But when the stick accidentally pushes Luongo's pad to change the outcome of the play that results in a goal, seems like interference
I definitely see the argument, and wouldn't have been upset if they decided to call it that way either. Just not clear enough to say it's 100% either way

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
I definitely see the argument, and wouldn't have been upset if they decided to call it that way either. Just not clear enough to say it's 100% either way

I don't think anyone knows what goalie interference is in the NHL haha. I just know as a goalie I'd be furious if they counted that. Anyway, hope for a good finish to the game

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Yandle early in the 4:00 min PP. FLA nice opportunity to go up by two on another full PP.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
And another 9 seconds later.

I guess that's one way to kill a 4 min penalty quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad