GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
If Kane wants to go into the game with beating up Bennett as his sole priority, then all he's doing is giving Bennett exactly what he wants. Guys like Bennett and Tkachuk purposely get under other teams skin. So that's great if it makes him and Sharks fans feel better, but Calgary likely scores on the resulting PP. If you're right and the players haven't let it go, the Sharks are playing right into Calgary's hand it would seem

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Kane wants to go into the game with beating up Bennett as his sole priority, then all he's doing is giving Bennett exactly what he wants. Guys like Bennett and Tkachuk purposely get under other teams skin. So that's great if it makes him and Sharks fans feel better, but Calgary likely scores on the resulting PP. If you're right and the players haven't let it go, the Sharks are playing right into Calgary's hand it would seem

Players are capable of walking and chewing bubble gum at the same time just like they're capable of going out and winning a game while settling a score that needs to be settled.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Was it late? The refs didn't rule it late. The DoPS didn't rule it late. The only people that saying its late are Sharks fans because a late hit sounds more egregious.

Anyways I'm not going to get into this discussion again because its already been beaten to death. It was tit for tat.Time to move on. I'm sure most Sharks players have. I know Flames players have.
The on ice ref called it. Doug Wilson commented after saying he was disappointed that 'the league' disagreed with the on ice official.

The players obviously moved on. That doesn't mean they won't remember the next time they play head to head.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Players are capable of walking and chewing bubble gum at the same time just like they're capable of going out and winning a game while settling a score that needs to be settled.

Hasn't worked for any other teams with scores to settle against Calgary this year. I guess we'll just have to see. Look no further than the best player in the world, he tried to get tough with Hamonic and Hathaway last weekend, ended up getting stitches while the Flames score on the powerplay. If he just stuck to his game there's very few people that can stop him, but the Flames got him off his game.

Kane always plays extremely well against Calgary, but if he'd rather spend his time in the penalty box then go for it. Won't help his team win though

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Most neutral fans in the main boards feel it was late and malicious.
The majority may have thought it was malicious but if I remember correctly the majority didn't think it was late..

Future advice to Sharks when playing the Flames:

Rule #1: Don't slash an unsuspecting player in the stomach as he's skating by the crease.
Rule #2: After you make a pass don't just stand there admiring your good work.
Rule #3: Keep a leash on Kane if you want to have any chance of winning.
Rule #4: Don't play Dell in goal... or apparently, after today's debacle, Jones either.

P.S. Good luck in tomorrow's game against the Caps. They generally play a bit better than the Panthers

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hasn't worked for any other teams with scores to settle against Calgary this year. I guess we'll just have to see. Look no further than the best player in the world, he tried to get tough with Hamonic and Hathaway last weekend, ended up getting stitches while the Flames score on the powerplay. If he just stuck to his game there's very few people that can stop him, but the Flames got him off his game.

Kane always plays extremely well against Calgary, but if he'd rather spend his time in the penalty box then go for it. Won't help his team win though

The best player in the world isn't the most physical player in the world or knows how to handle himself in that arena. Sharks will be fine picking their spots if they want.

The majority may have thought it was malicious but if I remember correctly the majority didn't think it was late..

Future advice to Sharks when playing the Flames:

Rule #1: Don't slash an unsuspecting player in the stomach as he's skating by the crease.
Rule #2: After you make a pass don't just stand there admiring your good work.
Rule #3: Keep a leash on Kane if you want to have any chance of winning.
Rule #4: Don't play Dell in goal... or apparently, after today's debacle, Jones either.

P.S. Good luck in tomorrow's game against the Caps. They generally play a bit better than the Panthers

Sharks don't need advice playing against the Flames. You get one win and you think you're in a place to forget the past five or six games where your team was spanked by the Sharks. Whether the Sharks win that game or not doesn't even matter. It's one of 82.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
The best player in the world isn't the most physical player in the world or knows how to handle himself in that arena. Sharks will be fine picking their spots if they want.

Only one way to find out! Looking forward to continuing this discussion in a few weeks

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Yes it is exactly what you were doing. The rest of this post is a joke from somebody who is clearly still salty about the rooster that made its way into Calgary last season.

Really don't think I'm coming off as the "salty" one in this exchange, considering my team put up 8 on the Sharks last time they met and didn't just get bent over by the Florida Panthers. You believe whatever you want, if that's that a totally harmless comment on the internet is worse than several instances of sexual violence against women then so be it. Far be it from me to tell you how to live your life.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Really don't think I'm coming off as the "salty" one in this exchange, considering my team put up 8 on the Sharks last time they met and didn't just get bent over by the Florida Panthers. You believe whatever you want, if that's that a totally harmless comment on the internet is worse than several instances of sexual violence against women then so be it. Far be it from me to tell you how to live your life.

People like you need to stop hanging their hat on one game in December like it's a big deal.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Your comment is actually worse than whatever you think Kane did because he quite literally did nothing. You made a comment mocking a player who had a concussion and implied that he had post concussion syndrome, as if post concussion syndrome is some sort of joke.

As mentioned above, the Flames won one game by a margin of 3 goals this season. Sharks also did the exact same against Calgary and swept the season series last year, including Evander Kane’s 4 goal game which effectively ended Calgary’s playoff hopes and got them booed off the ice.

Were you one of the fans booing them off the ice or are those a different bunch than the ones who jump into every thread about the Sharks and try to make it about them?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Sharks don't need advice playing against the Flames. You get one win and you think you're in a place to forget the past five or six games where your team was spanked by the Sharks. Whether the Sharks win that game or not doesn't even matter. It's one of 82.
Under Glen Gulutzan the last two years the Flames played like crap... not so this year under Bill Peters. But that's true about the regular season. We only play each other 4 times and it's 1-1 so far.

What really matters is the playoffs. However, the way the Sharks are currently playing they will probably meet up with the Knights and will most likely experience another humiliating loss... in the 1st round this time.

So in the end it will probably turn out that those 4 regular season games will be the only ones that matter for the Sharks and their fans... when it comes to their desire to prove their superiority over the Flames this season.

Good luck. See ya on Feb 7.

Btw.. your 3-1 win (the 3rd goal was an EN goal) against the Flames this year, came about with Mike Smith in net. The Flames won't make that mistake again. Who are the Sharks going to play in net on Feb 7?

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Under Glen Gulutzan the last two years the Flames played like crap... not so this year under Bill Peters. But that's true about the regular season. We only play each other 4 times and it's 1-1 so far.

What really matters is the playoffs. However, the way the Sharks are currently playing they will probably meet up with the Knights and will most likely experience another humiliating loss... in the 1st round this time.

So in the end it will probably turn out that those 4 regular season games will be the only ones that matter for the Sharks and their fans... when it comes to their desire to prove their superiority over the Flames this season.

Btw.. your 3-1 win against the Flames this year, came about with Mike Smith in net. The Flames won't make that mistake again. Who are the Sharks going to play in net on Feb 7?

The Sharks fans don’t have much desire to prove their superiority over the Flames this season. They aren’t the ones that are obsessed and jumping into every single thread about the Flames, desperately trying to make it about them, referencing one victory by which they won by a 3 goal margin.

You talking about the way the Sharks “are currently playing” further proves your ignorance which is nothing new. They’re 7-3 in the last 10 games they’ve played and two of those losses came without Erik Karlsson in the lineup.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Sharks fans don’t have much desire to prove their superiority over the Flames this season. They aren’t the ones that are obsessed and jumping into every single thread about the Flames, desperately trying to make it about them, referencing one victory by which they won by a 3 goal margin.

You talking about the way the Sharks “are currently playing” further proves your ignorance which is nothing new. They’re 7-3 in the last 10 games they’ve played and two of those losses came without Erik Karlsson in the lineup.
And yet you keep bringing up the Flames or their players in thread after thread after thread.

As to the second part of your statement the last time I looked the Flames have a 6 pt lead over the Sharks plus they have a game in hand so that lead could very well increase to 8 pts and your record of 7-3 is ok but its not 8-1-1. The Sharks will most likely finish 3rd in the Pacific division behind the Knights and the Flames.... thus your likely playoff meeting with the Knights.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Btw.. your 3-1 win (the 3rd goal was an EN goal) against the Flames this year, came about with Mike Smith in net. The Flames won't make that mistake again. Who are the Sharks going to play in net on Feb 7?

The 3-1 win is still a win. It doesn't matter who was in net. The Flames scored 1 goal. When the Sharks want to play defense, it doesn't matter who is in net, they're going to take care of business. And if you're going to try and make that pathetic excuse then the Sharks playing Dell in the Flames win should invalidate that win by the same logic. There's nothing humiliating about losing to the Knights whether it's the first or the second round. They're a good team. There wouldn't be anything humiliating about losing to the Flames either because they're a good team. Just like it wouldn't be humiliating for either of them to lose to the Sharks. I'm not worried about showing any superiority over the Flames. I'm worried about settling a score for a cheap hit by a garbage player. If they get the two points, so be it. If they don't, I don't care. For these two teams, two points doesn't matter all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad