GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I don't disagree. Thought you were lumping us all together.

Though on that note, the Simek play should have been a lesson that had Kane thinking twice. Florida may have meekly taken it and not escalated, but when he gets himself kicked out of the game by running around like an idiot, he's asking his teammates to deal with the consequences of his actions, whatever they may be.
What are you talking about? The game was over and the Florida defender decided to get his stick into Kane's midsection after a nothing save. Players don't care for that and the response was fine. Kane could have hurt both if he really wanted to.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Classless is mocking a player that was concussed due to a hit. Just about the definition.

:rolleyes: Simek missed one game after getting leveled with a clean hit admiring his pass in a game that was getting heated due to: surprise surprise the Sharks and Kane being pissy sore losers. Obviously the course of his life has been altered forever.

He beat up Bennett in the pre-season, so what does that make Bennett?

:laugh: He definitely did not. Jumped Bennett from behind after getting his panties bunched up over what was another devastating clean hit. Seems like a real theme with this guy :popcorn:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
:rolleyes: Simek missed one game after getting leveled with a clean hit admiring his pass in a game that was getting heated due to: surprise surprise the Sharks and Kane being pissy sore losers. Obviously the course of his life has been altered forever.

what the f*** is this even? kane had nothing to do with the simek cheapshot, according to flames fans.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
what the **** is this even? kane had nothing to do with the simek cheapshot, according to flames fans.
The cries of a sad boy is what it is.

Only in Calgary can a game get testy 100% because of the other team. Flames were just Saints the entire way until Bennett decided to legally hit Simek 1.2 seconds after his pass.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

:laugh: He definitely did not. Jumped Bennett from behind after getting his panties bunched up over what was another devastating clean hit. Seems like a real theme with this guy :popcorn:

He was diagnosed with a concussion and missed 3 games, it’s incredibly classless of you to mock him for it. Whether or not you think the hit was clean, it’s certainly classless of you to mock his injuries and that’s not debatable.

Kane beat up Bennett and he’ll do it again when they play on February 7th.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He was diagnosed with a concussion and missed 3 games, it’s incredibly classless of you to mock him for it. Whether or not you think the hit was clean, it’s certainly classless of you to mock his injuries and that’s not debatable.

Whom does that help more, though?

Kane has a good record of scoring against the Flames. If he's smart, he'll try to help his team win the game. Plus, I'm sure he'd hate to make the Flames taller for 5 minutes.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary

No matter what team you're a fan of, that's a game that's gonna be a must watch, I like this rivalry that's building with the Sharks.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The cries of a sad boy is what it is.

Only in Calgary can a game get testy 100% because of the other team. Flames were just Saints the entire way until Bennett decided to legally hit Simek 1.2 seconds after his pass.
1.2 seconds? If you are going to twist the facts don't just out right lie.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Whom does that help more, though?

Kane has a good record of scoring against the Flames. If he's smart, he'll try to help his team win the game. Plus, I'm sure he'd hate to make the Flames taller for 5 minutes.

He can multi-task. Beating up Bennett and scoring a few goals don’t have to be mutually exclusive.

Reactions: Clowe Me

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
1.2 seconds? If you are going to twist the facts don't just out right lie.
It was late and on a unsuspecting player.

Just because some mustachioed idiot decided it was 'okay' doesn't mean the hit doesn't bother the Sharks. I hope they just take it out on the scoreboard like usual against Calgary.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Just because some mustachioed idiot decided it was 'okay' doesn't mean the hit doesn't bother the Sharks. I hope they just take it out on the scoreboard like usual against Calgary.

There's no amount of spin that takes a hit that doesn't violate rules and turns it into a hit that does violate rules. It was not late by the definition, and the level of awareness of the receiver doesn't factor into the rules. The only rules that it even arguably breaks are unwritten, and aren't about to be written any time soon. It's a hit that Bennett wouldn't have made without the Sharks' provocation, but that doesn't make it illegal.

The Sharks tried to send a message, and the Flames sent one back. You're right. San Jose's focus should be on winning and nothing else.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Was it late? The refs didn't rule it late. The DoPS didn't rule it late. The only people that saying its late are Sharks fans because a late hit sounds more egregious.

Anyways I'm not going to get into this discussion again because its already been beaten to death. It was tit for tat.Time to move on. I'm sure most Sharks players have. I know Flames players have.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I mean, I can understand why Flames and Panthers fans are so angry against Kane, and why they feel so victimized by him.

He had a hat trick of beat downs against Petrovic, and the Panthers fans sure mustn’t be happy about that. And he had a hat trick of goals against the Flames and got them booed out of their own building, effectively cancelling their playoff hopes.

Reactions: Clowe Me

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Not sure how this turned into a Flames thread, but either way the Sharks would be foolish to try and goon it up with the Flames. If there's one thing Calgary has shown to be good at this year it's getting the other team off their game, if the Sharks go into the game already having that mentality they're going to have a rough night, it's exactly what Calgary is hoping they do

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Was it late? The refs didn't rule it late. The DoPS didn't rule it late. The only people that saying its late are Sharks fans because a late hit sounds more egregious.

Anyways I'm not going to get into this discussion again because its already been beaten to death. It was tit for tat.Time to move on. I'm sure most Sharks players have. I know Flames players have.

Most neutral fans in the main boards feel it was late and malicious.

I don’t think the Sharks players have moved on, either.

Not sure how this turned into a Flames thread, but either way the Sharks would be foolish to try and goon it up with the Flames. If there's one thing Calgary has shown to be good at this year it's getting the other team off their game, if the Sharks go into the game already having that mentality they're going to have a rough night.

You know how sometimes people say “if I had that person’s body, I wouldn’t know how to act”?

Well, Flames fans finally got a good team, and suddenly they don’t know how to act. They’ve gone and tried to make every thread about them. It’s funny cause they weren’t this loud and proud in a thread that was actually about them when Evander Kane unleashed the rooster and got them booed off the ice last year. :laugh:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Yeah clearly I was mocking his concussion. Man you guys really have some funny ways to interpret things. Good to know we have a true authority on classlessness around here with a huge Evander Kane fan. Maybe he can sexually assault someone in the bars after he suffers another embarrassing loss like he did tonight. Florida girls be safe out there tonight!

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
You know how sometimes people say “if I had that person’s body, I wouldn’t know how to act”?

Well, Flames fans finally got a good team, and suddenly they don’t know how to act. They’ve gone and tried to make every thread about them. It’s funny cause they weren’t this loud and proud in a thread that was actually about them when Evander Kane unleashed the rooster and got them booed off the ice last year. :laugh:

Wow. That might be one of the worst analogies I've read in quite a while. Especially since, after a quick glance at the previous pages, you're the one that started an argument with the Flames fans just because one made a simple comment

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yeah clearly I was mocking his concussion. Man you guys really have some funny ways to interpret things. Good to know we have a true authority on classlessness around here with a huge Evander Kane fan. Maybe he can sexually assault someone in the bars after he suffers another embarrassing loss like he did tonight. Florida girls be safe out there tonight!

Yes it is exactly what you were doing. The rest of this post is a joke from somebody who is clearly still salty about the rooster that made its way into Calgary last season.

I don't disagree. Thought you were lumping us all together.

Though on that note, the Simek play should have been a lesson that had Kane thinking twice. Florida may have meekly taken it and not escalated, but when he gets himself kicked out of the game by running around like an idiot, he's asking his teammates to deal with the consequences of his actions, whatever they may be.

Well, you liked the post. So if you agree that it makes him classless, what does that make you?

Wow. That might be one of the worst analogies I've read in quite a while. Especially since, after a quick glance at the previous pages, you're the one that started an argument with the Flames fans just because one made a simple comment

It’s not “one simple comment”. It’s quite literally every single thread about San Jose, good or bad - it turns into this after 3 pages. They are so obsessed and they quite literally don’t know how to act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad