GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/2/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Whatever you say man, it's the exact same as a kneel, but justify it however you'd like.

If Evander Kane did this exact same thing to TJ Brodie you'd have lost your ****. So trying to change your mind is a exercise in futility.

Not if it was a clean hit. Kane will get a piece of Bennett next game.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
That's the way the league is trending for sure, just look at the new IIHF body contact rules, that's how you kill hitting.

I doubt it gets that bad though. The push back will be tough, even in the US where they still seem to see the game as barbaric. I just don't know when that happens, but we aren't there yet.
No, that's how you eradicate late, unnecessary hits that could cause injury. Shouldn't stop hitting as long as the player has the puck. None of this finishing the check crap.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
No, that's how you eradicate late, unnecessary hits that could cause injury. Shouldn't stop hitting as long as the player has the puck. None of this finishing the check crap.
I disagree. I posted in a thread I can't seem to find.

IMO, Basically what will happen is players will start to just unloading the puck before they get hit, the other players will get penalties, and slowly it won't be worth it to even attempt the hit, since the player can toss the puck, and you'll get put in the box for 2 or less.

Reactions: cliffclaven

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
Bwahahaha. They’re ‘eradicating’ hits that are replayed in slomo to determine if they are literally .1 second late. That is a joke. If I was playing now? Lol. I wouldn’t hit anyone. Stick check, hopefully you have a good goalie, and count your money.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
I think it would be best for San Jose that Karlsson doesn't re-sign.

Not even close. He's been great for the Sharks outside of the first 15 games. He was definitely adjusting, but I doubt you'll find a single knowledgeable Sharks fan that would agree.

You can take both of Vlasic/Braun, they've been the problems.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018

IMO, Basically what will happen is players will start to just unloading the puck before they get hit, the other players will get penalties, and slowly it won't be worth it to even attempt the hit, since the player can toss the puck, and you'll get put in the box for 2 or less.
2 or 5+ a game. It’s a complete joke.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018

2022/23. Look at the euro leagues and the wnhl for reference. It’s pathetic.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Chiarelli will have wasted about 7 years of their existence by the time he's let go, so maybe it's that.
cwS62cF.jpg

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd say the coward is the guy hiding in his crease and slashing passer bys while hiding behind refs.

Simek has two people to blame for his concussion:

1. Dell for pissing off Bennett and giving him a reason to light some poor sucker up.

2. Whichever child labourer made his skates, because apparently those things were worth staring at.

Please...goalies slash like that in response to people running them constantly. Bennett absolutely was doing that and got what was coming to him. He wants to respond and instead of just doing it like a man, he goes after an unsuspecting player in the last shift of a decided game like a coward. Simek has one guy to blame for his concussion and it's the guy that hit him like a punk coward and that's Bennett. Keep making excuses for him. It only makes you out to be the same.

You mean a clean hit.

Nothing clean about it. Late and injured a player.

They were dealing with a match penalty, so they were looking for something to suspend. They check for it being late and it was found to not be late. There was nothing to suspend.

You don't suspend because someone got hurt. You suspend because a rule was broken.

It was late and everyone knows it and it caused an injury. I don't go with NHL brass as the authority of right and wrong calls on the ice. Only simpletons do that. Bennett made a late hit in a generally cheap fashion even if it wasn't because he was being a coward. Plain and simple. He'll get his receipt soon enough.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
The framecounters are saying that the Wood hit is .75 seconds late, which is .15 seconds over the arbitrary limit of .6

Wood is in big trouble
Yep, slowed down to 1fps.. and wood gets 3 games and tens of thousands of$$. This league is a joke.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
My god, someone shut Pierre up about the Hawks! They're 1-5 in those games and he just went on and on how great they have been in the WC. Boston winning was an afterthought.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
What would have been the punishment if Benn hit Wood like Wood hit Benn if a woodchuck would have been chucking wood?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What, bloody knuckles from beating down another Shark?

He already fought. Get over it.

He didn't beat down any Shark to begin with and if you think that incident where nobody even landed anything counts as paying his debt then you're sadly mistaken.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Not even close. He's been great for the Sharks outside of the first 15 games. He was definitely adjusting, but I doubt you'll find a single knowledgeable Sharks fan that would agree.

You can take both of Vlasic/Braun, they've been the problems.

Unfortunately you can't just make those two contracts go away and replace them with Karlsson.

EK's contract would decimate SJ's depth. They're on the verge of a Chicago situation already. One more massive deal is one too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad