NBCS
Pepsi Center
Tickets starting at $33.81
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Apparently... I’m more interested in you can but tickets for the Rangers game, or save a couple of dollars and buy tickets for all the other games combined
I'm just shocked because a) it's a pretty good matchup, and b) Colorado seems like it would be a fairly strong hockey market.

Reactions: hangman005

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Radim Simek out for the game tonight against the Avs with a concussion. Late hit with an injury that gets no suspension. Not a good call by the NHL.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Big Save Dave Rittich (2..39 GAA .920 Sv%) out tonight in the Flames vs Wing game tonight. Mike Smith (2.99 GAA .888 Sv%) will start.
Can the Flames score enough goals to make up for the couple of softies that Smith will surely let in?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Radim Simek out for the game tonight against the Avs with a concussion. Late hit with an injury that gets no suspension. Not a good call by the NHL.

Get over it. Your team lost. Move on.
Good call by the NHL DoPS. Clean hit that wasn't late.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Get over it. Your team lost. Move on.
Good call by the NHL DoPS. Clean hit that wasn't late.

The loss doesn't matter. The cheap shot that was late that caused injury is the problem that is going to make the next game get out of hand quickly because DoPS decided to not do their job.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The loss doesn't matter. The cheap shot that was late that caused injury is the problem that is going to make the next game get out of hand quickly because DoPS decided to not do their job.
Fine. You have your interpretation of the hit and I have mine. Mine coincides with the DoPS which has reviewed the hit and lo0ked at all the videos. I guarantee their video views are better than what is available over the internet or watching the game live.
Players get hurt all the time. Just because they get hurt doesn't mean something illegal was done to them. Sorry that Simek is injured. Shit happens sometimes. At least Simek will keep his head up next time instead of admiring the nice pass he just made.... no matter whether it happens in the first or last minute of the game. The game ain't over till the fat lady sings.
Again, sorry that Simek was injured. I've yet to see a Sharks fan say they were sorry for the dirty slash on Bennett by Dell... in fact much the opposite.

EDIT: I'm not going to continue this discussion as it was thoroughly discussed yesterday in the GDT and a couple of other threads. Time to move on. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarrySPlinkett

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Fine. You have your interpretation of the hit and I have mine. Mine coincides with the DoPS which has reviewed the hit and lo0ked at all the videos. I guarantee their video views are better than what is available over the internet or watching the game live.
Players get hurt all the time. Just because they get hurt doesn't mean something illegal was done to them. Sorry that Simek is injured. **** happens sometimes. At least Simek will keep his head up next time instead of admiring the nice pass he just made.... no matter whether it happens in the first or last minute of the game. The game ain't over till the fat lady sings.
Again, sorry that Simek was injured. I've yet to see a Sharks fan say they were sorry for the dirty slash on Bennett by Dell... in fact much the opposite.

I seem to always be wrong when it comes to DoPS, and that's fine. I don't think they do a very good job anyways.

But how can you explain a suspension for Hyman, suspension for Matheson and nothing for Bennett.
I don't get it.

Simpo

Sep 18, 2011
Funny optics in Ottawa after the Sens and Canucks traded backups earlier today!
ApCm3Pt.jpg

c-658vsxoao3ovc-1139955.jpeg

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Tune in for Calgary and Detroit, these two got heated last time they saw each other.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I seem to always be wrong when it comes to DoPS, and that's fine. I don't think they do a very good job anyways.

But how can you explain a suspension for Hyman, suspension for Matheson and nothing for Bennett.
I don't get it.
To answer your question and that's all I will say on the subject of Bennett's hit on Simek..

I don't know. I haven't studied those two incidents and I'm not prevy to the DoPS internal discussions/debate with regard to the decisions they make.
Sorry. That's the best answer that I can offer.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Players get hurt all the time. Just because they get hurt doesn't mean something illegal was done to them. Sorry that Simek is injured. **** happens sometimes. At least Simek will keep his head up next time instead of admiring the nice pass he just made.... no matter whether it happens in the first or last minute of the game. The game ain't over till the fat lady sings.

EDIT: I'm not going to continue this discussion as it was thoroughly discussed yesterday in the GDT and a couple of other threads. Time to move on. It is what it is.

You can't actually guarantee their video views are better. The NHL front office whether it's DoPS or the Situation Room have gotten things wrong in the past. A more recent example being McDavid's first goal against the Sharks that shouldn't have counted but did through their process. These are not infallible people with resources we can't fathom. You're not actually sorry that Simek got hurt so bugger off with that phony nonsense. I'm not sorry about the slash Dell did to Bennett because the extracurriculars started before what you see on Sportsnet video by Bennett AND Bennett sold it to try and get a call. Throwing a hit in an 8-5 game with 22 seconds to go is a cheap shot by a cheap player much less one that was late and high. It caused a concussion for absolutely no reason. Even if you thought that Dell did something wrong in the situation, going after someone who had nothing to do with it is what cowards do and that's what Bennett is. A coward.

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
You can't actually guarantee their video views are better. The NHL front office whether it's DoPS or the Situation Room have gotten things wrong in the past. A more recent example being McDavid's first goal against the Sharks that shouldn't have counted but did through their process. These are not infallible people with resources we can't fathom. You're not actually sorry that Simek got hurt so bugger off with that phony nonsense. I'm not sorry about the slash Dell did to Bennett because the extracurriculars started before what you see on Sportsnet video by Bennett AND Bennett sold it to try and get a call. Throwing a hit in an 8-5 game with 22 seconds to go is a cheap shot by a cheap player much less one that was late and high. It caused a concussion for absolutely no reason. Even if you thought that Dell did something wrong in the situation, going after someone who had nothing to do with it is what cowards do and that's what Bennett is. A coward.

Bennett will mess up Evander Kane's face next game. He is not a coward and has never backed down from a fight. Kane better keep his head on a swivel. PS. it was a clean hit, DoPS got it right, for once.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Bennett will mess up Evander Kane's face next game. He is not a coward and has never backed down from a fight. Kane better keep his head on a swivel. PS. it was a clean hit, DoPS got it right, for once.

Just because he will fight and do something doesn't mean he isn't a coward. He's a coward through the actions he already did in that game. No amount of 'manning up' and fighting is going to change that he is a coward.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Darren Helm looking like Pavel Datsyuk. Where the f*** has that been his entire career?

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Haven't watched many Detroit games this year but it's more I find Calgary to be a pretty fascinating team. I hate the fact that the team that had stars like Lidstrom, Osgood, Datsyuk, and others are considered bottom-dwellers in hockey. What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad