GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/13/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
Well there's always our inevitable playoff series :)

Damn, there is that, isn't there? Hell; and I actually enjoy reading your posts; it may not be an amicable midseason next time. :laugh:

Would it even count if it's a playoff game, or would the universe implode from the usage of the words "Knicks" and "Playoffs" in the same sentence?

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
I know, right? Especially since a cursory look below the avatars around our board shows most of us are even pre-Tavares and few in their right minds would bandwagon this team. :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Damn, there is that, isn't there? Hell; and I actually enjoy reading your posts; it may not be an amicable midseason next time. :laugh:

Would it even count if it's a playoff game, or would the universe implode from the usage of the words "Knicks" and "Playoffs" in the same sentence?

Well it is 4 months from now, the Knicks might win 2 more by then.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Cheap goal disallowal for the Sharks when Dubnyk pushed his own net off and no one noticed til the Sharks scored.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Looks like Matthieu Perrault got the hat trick and now has 14 goals on the year.

He was a guy I wanted the Hawks to grab as a 2C last summer before they decided to sign Brad Richards.

Why did the Ducks ever let him walk?

MP is a very streaky player, he is in the midst of a great 20 game stretch.

Check his game log, it is amazing. First 20 games Jets fans probably thought "what did we do?"

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/p/perrema01/gamelog/2015/

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Looks like Matthieu Perrault got the hat trick and now has 14 goals on the year.

He was a guy I wanted the Hawks to grab as a 2C last summer before they decided to sign Brad Richards.

Why did the Capitals trade him for a 4th rounder last year? Why didn't they re-sign him instead of forcing 2 natural winger rookies to play center?

Too small of course. Big boy Brooks Laich and his $4.5m a year for 30 points is worth it though.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Inexcusable that they let it happen tonight.

Ever think they didn't "let it happen"?

Great game by the Isles tonight, but it's still not even halfway through the season. Rangers are climbing the standing very rapidly and in dominating fashion.
Just came off a West Coast trip against some very tough teams, which the Rangers won every game, and they'll be back on track soon. Had no energy, no legs or focus tonight. Isles played a perfect game, almost, at least from the 2nd period on. Good for the Isles and their fans, they haven't had much to celebrate about in about 30 years or so. This was their Stanley Cup. But in the playoffs, I PRAY the Rangers and Isles meet, because the Isles won't be able to handle the experience and a well rested Rangers team.

Enjoy it for now, Isles fans, before the team moves to Brooklyn because your fairweather fanbase couldn't keep the team on Long Island ;)

Blah hhahaha, totally expected response. Rags had plenty of energy until the Islander shoved the hockey game down their throats. That first period was super even, and then the Isles turned it up and TONIGHT the Rangers had no response.

I think it's was the perfect storm of Islanders having a good game and the Rangers getting off a long road trip(that first game back always tough)

WTF is this? Where do you think the Isles just came from? The just got back from an extended road trip.

Truth bombs being dropped.

The truth is this was a hard fought game with very little puck luck on either side. The Rangers got handled in every single way possible. The first period was extremely tough on both sides, back and forth. When the second period started, the Islanders pushed and the Rangers gave up. Maybe, just maybe, all those OT/shootout wins show how resilient the Islanders are... maybe its not a crutch. Maybe it should be noted that they are the first place team in the Eastern Conference and doing it with only 1 LOSER POINT! Never heard Stepan's name once. Nash was completely shutdown. Lundqvist was pulled. Even when it was time for a Rangers push the Islanders were globetrotting the puck in the Rangers zone for minutes on end making Talbot come up with huge saves until the final seconds.
The last time the Islanders shut out the Rangers at MSG was in 1975 and it was Billy Smith. 1975! Things are different. I was one of the biggest Islander skeptic, but tonight made me a believer. This team came out, and just like when they stopped the Hawks winning streak cold, they gave no ****s about how many games the Rangers have won and they handled business.
I am not delusional. This was one game. And this game was not an accurate representation of exactly how these teams stack up against each other. There is a good chance the Rangers finish ahead of the Isles. I love how everyone continues to move the goal posts(after 10 games, after Thanksgiving, after Christmas, after the mid point...) guess where the Islanders were back then.... not in first place in the Division! The Islanders too have been climbing the standings, in a perfectly steady and sustainable fashion. Maybe, with the fact that it is now halfway thru the season, they are currently the Eastern Conference leaders, and put an end to the Rangers impressive winning streak, maybe just maybe, the best team in the Eastern Conference right now is the New York Islanders.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

Machinehead is all class (not joking). Love reading what he has to write. Not sure what time zone he is in but we seem to share the late nights together.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

To "let" the Islanders win? Of course not. But to complete no-show the last 40 minutes of the game was all on the Rangers and it can't happen. I'm not trying to take away credit from the Islanders, they're good enough to beat us on our A game, but the Rangers were brutal tonight.

Machinehead is all class (not joking). Love reading what he has to write. Not sure what time zone he is in but we seem to share the late nights together.

Right here in New York. Love the late nights and I'm on vacation. Woke up at 1 today :laugh:

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
The Islanders played much better than the Rangers TONIGHT. There's three more games and the Rangers have played us well at the Coliseum.

I may be incorrect but I believe that in recent times we're above .500 at the Garden and the Rangers dominate us in Nassau? Weird if I'm correct (I rarely am though)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Perrault isn't really a top 6 guy and at 3M cap hit for 3 years he was out of Hawks price range

Richards has been good for Hawks and coming into tonight was having a little better of a year

Richards in 40 GP = 9 goals + 17 assists for 26 pts
Perrault in 42 GP = 11 goals = 13 assists for 24 pts

GFiP*

Blah hhahaha, totally expected response. Rags had plenty of energy until the Islander shoved the hockey game down their throats. That first period was super even, and then the Isles turned it up and TONIGHT the Rangers had no response.

WTF is this? Where do you think the Isles just came from? The just got back from an extended road trip.

The truth is this was a hard fought game with very little puck luck on either side. The Rangers got handled in every single way possible. The first period was extremely tough on both sides, back and forth. When the second period started, the Islanders pushed and the Rangers gave up. Maybe, just maybe, all those OT/shootout wins show how resilient the Islanders are... maybe its not a crutch. Maybe it should be noted that they are the first place team in the Eastern Conference and doing it with only 1 LOSER POINT! Never heard Stepan's name once. Nash was completely shutdown. Lundqvist was pulled. Even when it was time for a Rangers push the Islanders were globetrotting the puck in the Rangers zone for minutes on end making Talbot come up with huge saves until the final seconds.
The last time the Islanders shut out the Rangers at MSG was in 1975 and it was Billy Smith. 1975! Things are different. I was one of the biggest Islander skeptic, but tonight made me a believer. This team came out, and just like when they stopped the Hawks winning streak cold, they gave no ****s about how many games the Rangers have won and they handled business.
I am not delusional. This was one game. And this game was not an accurate representation of exactly how these teams stack up against each other. There is a good chance the Rangers finish ahead of the Isles. I love how everyone continues to move the goal posts(after 10 games, after Thanksgiving, after Christmas, after the mid point...) guess where the Islanders were back then.... not in first place in the Division! The Islanders too have been climbing the standings, in a perfectly steady and sustainable fashion. Maybe, with the fact that it is now halfway thru the season, they are currently the Eastern Conference leaders, and put an end to the Rangers impressive winning streak, maybe just maybe, the best team in the Eastern Conference right now is the New York Islanders.

Stepan was injured early in the game..

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Perrault isn't really a top 6 guy and at 3M cap hit for 3 years he was out of Hawks price range

Richards has been good for Hawks and coming into tonight was having a little better of a year

Richards in 40 GP = 9 goals + 17 assists for 26 pts
Perrault in 42 GP = 11 goals = 13 assists for 24 pts

I agree with you that at the money and term he wanted he wasn't the best option for the Hawks.

Just before he had signed with the Jets when I thought the Hawks could get him for cheap I did want him as a stop-gap 2C if it was possible.

Not unhappy with what we're getting from Richards for his cap hit at all.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Really!? I must have missed it. Any idea what happened? Hope its nothing serious.

Yeah, I missed that as well. He only played 6 minutes. He went off because Boychuk cut him with his skate (accidentally), I think. Not sure if I recall him coming back on the ice.

Hope it's nothing serious, I don't wish ill on any player (save maybe Avery, Cooke...) and he's a really fun player to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad