GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/13/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
That was like ten minutes ago.
Why are you all highjacking this thread?

I was about to comment ten minutes ago, but he just keeps whining, was just curious if he always does this. Been an excellent game though, Pastrnak is so much fun to watch. This would be an excellent playoff series.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
4th for Perreault. If Byfuglien gets his hat trick that building is gonna implode.

2ka RasK*

I was about to comment ten minutes ago, but he just keeps whining, was just curious if he always does this. Been an excellent game though, Pastrnak is so much fun to watch. This would be an excellent playoff series.

Yes, he spazzes out during fights… Everytime.:laugh:

Speaking of playoff series… he really does have a lot of respect for the Tampa Bay Lightning team dating back to the playoff series during our Cup run and would love nothing more than to buy an island and runaway with Steven Stamkos.

And yes, He also make his haters burn like they've been sprayed with holy water. :)

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
The Isles pretty much dominated the Rangers tonight.

Quite; been an Isles fan for 2 decades and I'm WAY impressed.

Technically speaking, they're only one of 3 three-goal leads from being the top team in the league. It appears they learned how not to collapse in the final 20 minutes, judging by that performance on the road against a Rangers team riding a strong streak.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think we're a lot better than that. Can only win so many before dropping an egg. But the Islanders have some team.

The Last Baron*

He's completely out of his skull. A proper crazy person.

But like all announcers of his ilk, the boorish philistine masses adore him, so he won't go anywhere. Unfortunately, just gotta find a way to ignore him.

Those who don't take Edwards seriously end up having a fun time watching the game. He's nothing more than comic relief.

Those who have a stick lodged in their rear ends (*cough*you*cough*) end up spending more time lamenting the play-by-play of every game rather than focusing on the actual game itself.

Alvalanker*

I think we're a lot better than that. Can only win so many before dropping an egg. But the Islanders have some team.

I agree on both points. Isles are a very good team. But the Rangers won so many games, it was about time they had a bad night. We'll catch up and take over the division. Season is barely halfway over yet (for the Rangers, only played 40 games).

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
**** you, Chris Higgins. Hits Rinne twice this game and second time he's injured.

Not really his fault but let me be a bias fan for a second.

-flips a table- ASDIKAJD:IADJ:AISJDO

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I think it's was the perfect storm of Islanders having a good game and the Rangers getting off a long road trip(that first game back always tough)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think it's was the perfect storm of Islanders having a good game and the Rangers getting off a long road trip(that first game back always tough)

Plus Brassard hitting both posts really turned things around. We looked good before that.

But that's no excuse. I expect the Rangers, the experienced team, to be way stronger than that mentally.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Those who don't take Edwards seriously end up having a fun time watching the game. He's nothing more than comic relief.

Those who have a stick lodged in their rear ends (*cough*you*cough*) end up spending more time lamenting the play-by-play of every game rather than focusing on the actual game itself.
I don't lament, I ignore.

You're clearly exactly the kind of person I was talking about in my post. Home team all they way, bro!

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
Great game by the Isles tonight, but it's still not even halfway through the season. Rangers are climbing the standing very rapidly and in dominating fashion.
Just came off a West Coast trip against some very tough teams, which the Rangers won every game, and they'll be back on track soon. Had no energy, no legs or focus tonight. Isles played a perfect game, almost, at least from the 2nd period on. Good for the Isles and their fans, they haven't had much to celebrate about in about 30 years or so. This was their Stanley Cup. But in the playoffs, I PRAY the Rangers and Isles meet, because the Isles won't be able to handle the experience and a well rested Rangers team.

Enjoy it for now, Isles fans, before the team moves to Brooklyn because your fairweather fanbase couldn't keep the team on Long Island ;)

Psst.....

AdvancedCourageousBarracuda.gif

:)

If you want 4-7 games of that, and Jaroslav not-possibly-capable-of-besting-Lundqvist-in-a-million-years Halak pitching shutouts, we here in Islander Country are quite amenable to that.

NYR are a good team, but face it - they got T-boned by tonight's better team, and an NYI-NYR playoff matchup isn't the cakewalk you're pastel-painting it as.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Good news Islanders fans: one more win at Madison Square Garden this year and you'll have as many as the Knicks. :laugh:

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Psst.....

:)

If you want 4-7 games of that, and Jaroslav not-possibly-capable-of-besting-Lundqvist-in-a-million-years Halak pitching shutouts, we here in Islander Country are quite amenable to that.

NYR are a good team, but face it - they got T-boned by tonight's better team, and an NYI-NYR playoff matchup isn't the cakewalk you're pastel-painting it as.

Nash should have been penalized 2 minutes for leaving his feet :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad