GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/10/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Eh a .5 ppg as a 23 year old dman is nothing to thumb your nose at. Seems to move pretty well. But ya, in front of his own net is going to be a struggle at <200lbs
He has 6 points at even strength all year. He gets PP1 minutes crammed down his throat with a funnel. Every metric points to his PP production being extremely unsustainable as he's one of the worst NHL D at shooting the puck.

He sucks at offense too.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
this is like going toe-to-toe with the schoolyard bully and you get one good shot in, but you're not stupid so you hang on for dear life and hope a teacher comes along

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
What was the point? Don’t be elusive. Apparently I miss points.
You can go back and read it, people don't like the offside challenge for nitpicky stuff. Sam Spade said he could understand people being upset for stuff that's really close like a millimeter, but this one was way offside. My point was that this one was not way offside because it was just a matter of Johnson, who was half in the bench, just lifting his skate a millimeter.

I understand the play was offside and the correct call was made on the challenge, my point was that those arguing it was "way off" by looking only at the blue line and not realizing the fact that the bench puts him back onside.

Correct call was made, hate the challenge rules for absolutely nitpicky stuff, like this play, that have no bearing on the outcome.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
He has 6 points at even strength all year. He gets PP1 minutes crammed down his throat with a funnel. Every metric points to his PP production being extremely unsustainable as he's one of the worst NHL D at shooting the puck.

He sucks at offense too.

Oh. Well ya, that is.. not great. Didn't realize he gets wrecked on possession so bad either.

Reactions: Machinehead

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Don't know what's worse - watching a game in which one team doesn't care, or hearing Pierre talk about the life history of every player.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Oh. Well ya, that is.. not great. Didn't realize he gets wrecked on possession so bad either.
Don't get me wrong, he could probably be a decent NHL player in a certain role, but the Rangers have just decided he's a top-pairing D because that's what they've just decided.

It's Girardi II.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
You can go back and read it, people don't like the offside challenge for nitpicky stuff. Sam Spade said he could understand people being upset for stuff that's really close like a millimeter, but this one was way offside. My point was that this one was not way offside because it was just a matter of Johnson, who was half in the bench, just lifting his skate a millimeter.

I understand the play was offside and the correct call was made on the challenge, my point was that those arguing it was "way off" by looking only at the blue line and not realizing the fact that the bench puts him back onside.

Correct call was made, hate the challenge rules for absolutely nitpicky stuff, like this play, that have no bearing on the outcome.
My post was not about offside challenges. It was about people complaining about offside by millimeters.
And for a board that constantly complains about terrible reffing, it’s kinda funny to see all of the complaining about a mechanism that allows them to correct their mistakes.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Point hat trick! (basically - **** the offside challenge)

tumblr_lrcy3mNFei1qa5ui1o2_250.gif

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
We're only minutes away from puck drop in the lightweight bout of the night. It's a battle of the bottom dwellers as the least-in-the-East Sens face off against the worst-in-the-West Kings to determine who gets claim ownership of the very bottom of the cellar. There can be only one.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
McDavid looks like the most miserable person in the world. Hopefully he doesn't take his work home with him.

I get it for sure, but damn you are playing the NHL, it's ok to crack a smile.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
McDavid looks like the most miserable person in the world. Hopefully he doesn't take his work home with him.

I get it for sure, but damn you are playing the NHL, it's ok to crack a smile.
He plays for a team that doesn't have a chance at winning unless he puts up at least two points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad