4. Vertonghen
5. Jorginho
6. De Vrij
7. De Bruyne
8. Silva
9. Lukaku
10. Mane
11. Memphis

Taking a break but I'll be here if needed.
This a great all-around team. I still don't like the Lukaku pick, especially in a 'City on steroids' where I think he'd stick out like a sore thumb in that kind of structure, but otherwise great picks all around.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
A lot of tread on those tyres. Can I pick or waiting for trade confirmation

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He went fourth overall a few years back.
Indeed. He's still an incredibly good midfielder, and he's shown he can adapt to the style of the team (he's played in counter and possession systems and flourished). He was still strong for Bayern when healthy this past season and I'm sure if he can stay healthy this season he'll have a big year again (whether that's at Bayern or not).

Of course it allows me to field a midfield of:

Ozil - Vidal
Busquets​

With Goretzka and Aouar and rotational or back-up options so I'm happy with that behind Reus, Firmino and Bale.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And with that pick, I have my starting lineup:

4-3-3 | 4-1-3-2
Asensio* - Lautaro - Lozano*
Modric - James
Paredes**
Laxalt - Christensen - Koulibaly - Vrsaljko

* Mertens
** Torreira
Bruno Fernandes-Timo Werner-Florian Thauvin
Paul Pogba-Radja Nainggolan
Marcelo Brozovic
Aleksander Kolarov-David Alaba-Jose Gimenez-Sergi Roberto
Anthony Lopes

Pretty happy with how my team turned out. Might not be the most physically gifted but they are definitely all so skilled.

I feel like the bones of a great Simeone-style counter-attacking team are there, but it needs some tweaks for everyone to fit stylistically.
My team

De Gea, Carvajal, Varane, Akanji, Marcelo, Zakaria, Goetze, Dele, Bailey, Chiesa, Icardi

I really like this, though I'm not a huge Dele fan & don't think you need a deep-lying-striker like him when you've got Icardi leading the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gecklund

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Keita Balde -Lewa-Mahrez​
Gundo/Fred-Tolisso/Fred
Kante​
Xxxx-Bailly-Ramos-Aurier
Lloris

Bench:Fred/Gundo/Tolisso, Pavard​

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Did LITN seriously have to take Goncalo Guedes from me? I haven't been that picky throughout this entire draft and got bent with that selection.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Did LITN seriously have to take Goncalo Guedes from me? I haven't been that picky throughout this entire draft and got bent with that selection.

I was going to take him a while ago, but another poster asked me to pick him as their second option if they weren't around to pick. So, I waited until they had picked for a second time after that before taking him. Seemed fair.

Surprised he wasn't picked by now as he showed incredible potential this season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And with that pick, I have my starting lineup:

4-3-3 | 4-1-3-2
Asensio* - Lautaro - Lozano*
Modric - James
Paredes**
Laxalt - Christensen - Koulibaly - Vrsaljko

* Mertens
** Torreira

I feel like the bones of a great Simeone-style counter-attacking team are there, but it needs some tweaks for everyone to fit stylistically.

I really like this, though I'm not a huge Dele fan & don't think you need a deep-lying-striker like him when you've got Icardi leading the way.

Why the crazy formation? Who plays with 4 in the back nowadays? :sarcasm:

Dele's not a great player, but he was good value where I selected him. I got him at the end of the fifth round. I know English players have overrated value usually, but a lot of websites have him as way more valuable than that. I also think he helps give me some more goals from CM that I won't get from Goetze. I was worried that you were going to take Zakaria before I did. After having de Jong picked one pick before me, I needed to make sure I didn't have the two DM's I wanted picked before I got one of them.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was going to take him a while ago, but another poster asked me to pick him as their second option if they weren't around to pick. So, I waited until they had picked for a second time after that before taking him. Seemed fair.

Surprised he wasn't picked by now as he showed incredible potential this season.
I would've picked him like three to five selections ago if I wasn't already so deep on the left-side with Coutinho and Son. He was definitely going at my next pick so I hate to say it, but solid selection there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad