HFBoards' 2018 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Les Habs by fluke alone somehow got Ronaldo...

An apology is in order!

I actually got a sick idea which includes @Evilo's thoughts about keeping the draft to certain leagues....what if....we expand the draft to 20 participants or even up to 27 posters. We then split the posters via randomization or by freedom (choice) alone to three different conferences each with 9 posters in them (FYI: using 27 as the set bar). In each different conference will only allows picks to be made for certain European leagues. For example....

Conference/Division #1: Would only be able to pick players from France and Germany (with other random countries)
Conference/Division #2: Would only be able to pick players from England and Italy (with other random countries)
Conference/Division #3: Would only be able to pick players from Spain and Portugal (with other random countries)

It would be any single player that plays in one of those domestic leagues regardless of country. What I mean by this is that the teams in Division #3 wouldn't be allowed to pick Harry Kane because he would only be eligible to the teams in Division #2. I get that this would make it a tad too complicated, but wanted to know some thoughts on this idea?

"Sick" idea indeed. My advice would be not to partner with @Edo at all, but if you must you probably should give him access to your account.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
I'm not gonna be around much this summer....lots of travel and work. So as much as I'd love to do this again I'll let someone else have a crack at it. Thanks

Reactions: cgf

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
An apology is in order!

"Sick" idea indeed. My advice would be not to partner with @Edo at all, but if you must you probably should give him access to your account.
Ehhhhhh, he already does? The "E" in my name stands for Edo as all the other letters stand for another poster(s). We are all one.

I meant the Brasilian. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There should be no limit on participants and I don't know why were just throwing last year's list in the mix. As we've seen in the past previous participation is not indicative of current participation. It will also be an eight hour time limit and there should be none of this " well I'm just gonna give him a little bit more time" nonsense. Finally all I'll say is it amazes me how all of you like to come back for more punishment year after year, but so be it.

I think eight hours is really pushing it. The time zone differences make that kind of hard. We already had some instances last year of picks being missed with 12 hours. And its not always because someone is lazy or anything like that.

I don't per se have a problem with more teams, but lets say we started with 22 teams, thats taking us about an extra week. Maybe a little more than that. There has to be some type of limit. 40 teams isn't going to work. We aren't going to be doing this until October. Isn't the whole point to do this during the offseason? If we run a week or two into the season, I don't see the issue. But I think some cap is needed. Maybe if we only get a couple alternate requests, they could be given full spots. I only tagged those from last season because we need to start this soon, and that seemed like the fairest way to find people to participate.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Also I don't mind running the draft pick randomization, or the draft pick thread if needed. As long as people are willing to help me out a little.

Yes, we need someone to do that. It would be appreciated if you could do that. I'm sure if you needed help, people here would be willing to offer it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We honestly should try to put people into groups based on time zone and Have that influence the draft positions accordingly. It's tough to keep alternating time zones between picks

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We honestly should try to put people into groups based on time zone and Have that influence the draft positions accordingly. It's tough to keep alternating time zones between picks

Maybe have a randomly generated first 2 or 4 rounds and then at a certain point we tweak the draft order to better lineup timezones as we get past the super elite players?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You mean that's usually when you lot get most taken advantage of by those of us with a plan :cool:
I'm always one of the people that is most active; I generally am pretty happy with my late picks. Your plans are usually very impressive though, keep up the good work!

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe have a randomly generated first 2 or 4 rounds and then at a certain point we tweak the draft order to better lineup timezones as we get past the super elite players?
I would:

Step 1. Group the people in the same time zones together.

Step 2. Draw draft order by time zone

Step 3. Draw draft order within time zone.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah this time zone **** is stupid. The draft worked great last year.

True enough. I was just spitballing since, with snake rounds, the initial order doesn't matter all that much once we get past a certain point. So I was curious if anyone could come up with a way to make it work that was fair & could streamline the drafting process with regards to timezones.

Although if everyone just submits lists to a judge or helpful non-participant for any picks that could be missed due to timezones...or life...there's no need to get too bougie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad