HFBoards' 2017 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
I can understand that. Asensio at the tip of a diamond definitely leaves a little to be desired. But I think Thiago and Gundogan right behind him help make up any shortcomings.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Asensio will be amazing. However, it would be too soon to rely on him as the main creator. Not sure who you have on the bench yet Reek but I would switch Thiago with him and find a stop gap for CM. Have Asensio on a super sub.

I do like the team on paper it will be hard to beat.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Was wondering when Kyro would be selected coming off a bad year but he's still a solid player. Nzonzi is a good pick to.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I like the Mahrez pick here.

Thank you.

Surprised he fell so far, I mean he is still just 26 years old, I think a lot of people believe he was older.

There were three players I was looking at in the last couple of rounds, but I got one of them in Mahrez. Andre Silva and Lucas were the other two, Moncherry has a pathetic squad except for Silva. I know people think Lucas is second rate, but he did come off a 19 goal, though most importantly, a healthy season. He's still a quality class player IMHO.

There are sooooooooooooo many good players still available.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
3-3-4
Sanchez - Belotti - Werner - Sane
Kovacic - Zielinski
Paredes
Christensen - Boateng - Diawara
GK

Fekir
Florenzi

3-4-3
Sanchez - Belotti - Werner
Sane - Kovacic - Paredes - Florenzi*
Christensen - Boateng - Diawara
GK

Fekir*
Zielinski​

Still some work to be done, and I'm toying with a 4-3-3 if certain guys remain available; but really liking my midfield, and adding Lexi to that attack makes that forward group exceptionally lethal.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would be some nice movement if we got through Savant tonight.

Sorry. Shutting down for tonight. Was out with the team until 30 min ago and am not in the state of mind to make decisions. Send offers in though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lineup (subject to change)

Diego Costa
Forsberg Dele Carrasco
Llorente Henderson
F. Luis Hummels T. Silva Aurier
Ederson

Son Firmino Callejon on the bench.

Big, tall, aggressive, playmaking, speed and goals. Options for versatility and scheme fit and whatnot.

And the defense is pretty good too.

Buzzwords.

More to come

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Would play Firmino over Alli in a heartbeat.

Also why would you take Henderson? Just to hurt me?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would play Firmino over Alli in a heartbeat.

Also why would you take Henderson? Just to hurt me?

Alli more goals. Firmino pretty good off the bench and comes on for extra pressing.

You realize I like Henderson too.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Pretty much no argument to start Firmino over Alli, having Firmino off the bench makes more sense to me.

Your back four is incredible, Sav, well done. I'm concerned about who you can get between the sticks at this point to really do justice to that terrific defense.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He already has a top keeper. His midfield is a weakspot, and what argument could there possibly be to have Alli over Firmino (well, I mean besides acting as a essentially a deep-lying poacher)? He's lazy, reckless, and much less creative. Especially if you're going to be playing a 2 man midfield it'd be better to have someone like Firmino who actually provides so much more than just goals (and Alli looked like absolute garbage in Europe).

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Lineup (subject to change)

Diego Costa
Carrasco Dele Forsberg
Llorente Henderson
F. Luis Hummels T. Silva Aurier
Son Firmino Callejon on the bench.

Big, tall, aggressive, playmaking, speed and goals. Options for versatility and scheme fit and whatnot.

And the defense is pretty good too.

Buzzwords.

More to come

Would not recommend playing Forsberg on the right flank. Either start Callejon, Firmino, or maybe move Carrasco to the right.

As for Alli he should absolutely start over Firmino. No question.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Firmino will score more goals than Alli this season; he's become such an overrated player. Book it. Firmino is a much better player and so underrated.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Does he have a top keeper? I was just looking at the lineup he posted, if he already has one that's my bad. Firmino and Alli played essentially the same position this year and Alli vastly outperformed Firmino. I like Firmino and was planning on taking him before Savant snagged him, but considering that Alli at 20 performed at a higher level this year (and last, for that matter) than Firmino, with both of them playing far up the pitch (in his 4-2-3-1, both Alli and Firmino would be playing as essentially a second striker I would assume) I'd take Dele in an instant. Alli looked bad in Europe, true, but the one time Firmino ever played in Europe he scored one goal in thirteen games. So the "trash in Europe" cuts both ways.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He didn't play at a higher level at all. He got more goals, that's about it. Firmino did everything else better and not by a small margin.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I knew you'd be disappointed if you didn't get him yet you should have already taken him. Not sure what you were waiting for.

I guess I figured with all the hate he gets, and his injuries, he would drop and I could just pick him later. :(

Honestly he was playing at an elite level this season before he got injured. I'm pretty sad.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Anyone in favour of making a roster thread? Wouldn't mind being able to see the what everyone is working with in order to discuss.

Oh and I like Firmino, but you're being harsh on Dele. He's more than just a poacher as you've labelled him.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
See, this is why I wanted to get through Savant last night. We'd be multiple picks ahead of where we are. Not calling out Savant because SJSharks hasn't picked yet anyway (not calling him out either), but had we got to that point Venkman would have picked 7 hours ago.

I guess I figured with all the hate he gets, and his injuries, he would drop and I could just pick him later. :(

Honestly he was playing at an elite level this season before he got injured. I'm pretty sad.

Well with LITN and Savant in the draft you have to figure he'll go at some point and I think we'd passed that point already.

I'm stuck with everyone always wanting Barça players. Now I'll just have to settle for Neymar, Messi and ter Stegen.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00