HFBoards' 2017 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread II

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
LH if you're trying to cozy up to me by drafting Argentinian based players... you have to get the right players.:P

j/k

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Looking to deal Gnagnon for an upcoming pick. If you need a young CB with high potential, Gnagnon is your guy. Better than most young CBs picked already. Trust me on this.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I wanted Daley Blind :(

I wasn't going to take him until I realized I would have to draft three defenders and needed a DM too. Now I only have to draft one more defender and got CB, LB, and DM covered.

He's not fantastic in any specific position, but he can play all three of them pretty well. Players like that are usually underrated by fans.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Huh? Ziyech had a very, very quality season. What are you talking about?

Meh a lot of his chances were from set pieces and he didn't come close to the spark he was supposed to provide for Ajax. A lot of Ajax supporters were disappointed in what he brought on the field. Productive yes but as always that needs to be put into context. Klaassen for example was very productive but was constantly slated as well (I like him more than Ziyech though).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I wasn't going to take him until I realized I would have to draft three defenders and needed a DM too. Now I only have to draft one more defender and got CB, LB, and DM covered.

Gnagnon is your guy. :)
Make some research about him if you want. You win the deal since I picked him a round ago, but I had a change of plan and need a pick (I have too many CBs).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Mertens/Kluivert - Firmino/Dzeko - Robben/Promes
Wijnaldum/Demirbay - Kante/Ceballos
Strootman/Xhaka
Emerson/????? - Koulibaly/Kimpembe - Martinez/de Vrij - Meunier/Passlack
de Gea/?????​

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Meet your 1 FC Union Chicago:

3-4-3

Sanchez - Belotti - Werner
Sane*** - Paredes - Kovacec* - Florenzi***
Christensen - Boateng - Soyuncu**
Rulli

Kean | Vinicius Jr. | Chiesa*** | Sessegnon*** | Zielinski | Diawara* | Musacchio** | Mere | Onana

3-3-4

Sanchez* - Belotti* - Werner* - Sane*
Kovacec - Zielinski
Paredes
Rulli

Kean | Vinicius Jr.* | Chiesa* | Sessegnon* | Florenzi | Diawara | Musacchio** | Mere | Onana

3-1-4-2 (defensive)

Sanchez - Belotti/Werner
Sane* - Kovacec/Zielinski - Diawara - Florenzi
Paredes
Rulli

Belotti/Werner | Kean | Vinicius Jr. | Chiesa | Sessegnon* | Kovacec/Zielinski | Musacchio** | Mere | Onana​

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Meh a lot of his chances were from set pieces and he didn't come close to the spark he was supposed to provide for Ajax. A lot of Ajax supporters were disappointed in what he brought on the field. Productive yes but as always that needs to be put into context. Klaassen for example was very productive but was constantly slated as well (I like him more than Ziyech though).

What spark was he supposed to provide?

A lot of Ajax supporters? Where are you getting that from? In doing a search I've found the opposite.

The only context you've provided is "a lot" of his chances were from set pieces.

Meanwhile Demirbay...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Was between Banega and Kramer for my last pick. Thought about Brozovic too.

Can certainly move Kramer or Brozovic but running out of time to do so!

1. Ederson/?
2. Aurier/Vrsaljko
3. Filipe Luis/Hector
4. Thiago Silva/Romagnoli
5. Hummels/Romagnoli
6. Llorente/Illaramendi
7. Rabiot/Brozovic
8. Koke/Kramer
9. Diego Costa/Immobile
10. Forsberg/Mandzukic
11. Bernando Silva/Callejon

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Meanwhile Demirbay...

I've been following Ziyech since he played for Heerenveen and have always thought, and talked of him, very highly. It's only this season than he disappointed me and added doubts about reaching his potential. He's not very smart.

Demirbay is pretty clearly a much better player right now and they're the same age.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So I'm done with this draft.

My squad :
GK : Cech, Subasic
LB : Marcal, T. Hernandez
CB : David Luiz, Jemerson, Sakho, Lenglet
RB : Ricardo Perreira, Touré
CM : Fabinho, Bakayoko, Lopez, Tousard, Seri
AM : Lemar, Di Maria, Thauvin, Harit, Malcom
ST : Cavani, Giroud

Likely starting lineup :

----------Cavani--------
Lemar---------------ADM
---------Seri---------
---Bakayoko-Fabinho---
Theo-Jemerson-Luiz-Perreira
--------Cech/Subasic-------
Bench : Giroud, Thauvin, Malcom, Lopez, Harit, Tousard, Marcal, Toure, Sakho, Lenglet, Cech/Subasic

And I managed top pick only from current (16) or former (5) L1 players, with Theo being the exception because he's french.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I like Karsdorp. Was considering him when I took Passlack; he's a better Dutch pick for your team than say Klaassen was.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It was between Immobile and Giovinco for me when I chose my sub striker, good choice IMO :handclap:

Thank you. He probably should have been picked earlier but there are a lot of Dortmund fans here that he probably disappointed.

That being said he had over 25 goals last year and starts for his national team, which certainly makes him a worthy pick.

Yeray was a really good pick. I thought he would drop further because of his unfortunate health problems but I rate him higher that I rate his more popular team mate

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sorry for the delay guys. I was doing my parent's yard work all day. That said I did pick within an hour. I just had to project between picks so that I hopefully land my players.

I've been following Ziyech since he played for Heerenveen and have always thought, and talked of him, very highly. It's only this season than he disappointed me and added doubts about reaching his potential. He's not very smart.

Demirbay is pretty clearly a much better player right now and they're the same age.

So you didn't read him right then and now. Got it.

To say Demirbay is clearly much better is highly debatable much less saying he's better at all.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Just an FYI.

I used to be Magic Bean, but I had a little bit of fun tonight so I've changed my name :laugh::laugh:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Thank you. He probably should have been picked earlier but there are a lot of Dortmund fans here that he probably disappointed.

That being said he had over 25 goals last year and starts for his national team, which certainly makes him a worthy pick.

Of his 23 Serie A goals, only 2 came against other top 8 teams in 13 matches. Still awful offsides awareness. Still wastes possession and needs to be fed constantly. There are better unpicked strikers imo.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Laporte 86, Yeray 357. Amazing. Hopefully Yeray's cancer doesn't show up again and he does only really have last season under his belt, but he was definitely better than Laporte. Looks an excellent pick here right now and could very well look the same in the future. I was likely saving the last pick in the draft for him to further illustrate the point about he and Laporte.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad