HFBoards' 2017 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread II

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think everyone drafts great teams that could beat any other team in the draft on any given night, and all along the way I think everyone makes great picks at different times. I am humbled by what I learn in these topics. I just hope everyone has fun and feels a great sense of accomplishment at the end.
Boooooooooooo

Reactions: cgf

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think everyone drafts great teams that could beat any other team in the draft on any given night, and all along the way I think everyone makes great picks at different times. I am humbled by what I learn in these topics. I just hope everyone has fun and feels a great sense of accomplishment at the end.

Screw you. Your team sucks :sarcasm:

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So French. So Smug.

Vote Evilo 2018.
Hey, hey, hey, two years ago I killed the game by having a better bench than most teams had starting. I drafted nearly the whole Monaco team that went on to take Europe and France by storm.
Last year, I had to challenge myself into a harder rule (L1 players) for everyone to have a fair shot :D ;)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hey, hey, hey, two years ago I killed the game by having a better bench than most teams had starting. I drafted nearly the whole Monaco team that went on to take Europe and France by storm.
Last year, I had to challenge myself into a harder rule (L1 players) for everyone to have a fair shot :D ;)

Please. My team two years ago would've pressed the shit out of your team, monaco kids or no, and ripped you to shreds like everyone else.

That's why I had limit myself to only 4 players older than 23, to give the rest of you a chance SMH

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well I like this team's chances against most:

Dzeko
Mertens - Firmino - Promes
Martinez - Kante
Emerson - Koulibaly - de Vrij - Meunier
de Gea
Robben, Wijnaldum, Kimpembe, Demirbay and Strootman available off the bench.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Right. Pep, your ideal coach, couldn't put Monaco out of CL.

Nagelsmann would've...and Favre could've kept pace with them if he had just half as much talent to work with :naughty:

PS you may have missed the essays I've written criticizing Pep because I failed to include the word "France" or "french", but they come often enough that I'm sure you can ignore another one soon enough!

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I stand by my squad from last year, even if my bench options were putrid:

Martial - Dybala
Mkhitaryan
L. Hernandez - Iniesta - Tolisso - Alves
Azpilicueta - Varane - Kimmich
Buffon​

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
A double pivot of Iniesta/Tolisso would certainly be something to stand by.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You say that as though you've ever put together a team that could actually beat mine if the two met on the pitch. I get that you fall in love with the names you pick & so forget entirely about putting an actual team together that fits a coherent style which could beat mine, but it's still surprising how you fall into that same trap every year.

Right, because Neymar, Aguero and... can't remember the other guy's name... oh yeah, Messi who combined for 74 league goals and 31 assists in just 74 starts alone wouldn't score against your team. Of course that's not to mention the additional 15 goals from the starting midfield or the additional goals from other competitions like Europe or Cups.

As for me team not fitting, I'd love to know how it wouldn't. For a draft team I did very well, as I always do, and last season some of the players I was somewhat questioning actually had better seasons than they did previously. That said I have a few "bad" picks as people do every year, but the jury is still out on some and most still quite good.

Kiss ass.

:biglaugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Right, because Neymar, Aguero and... can't remember the other guy's name... oh yeah, Messi who combined for 74 league goals and 31 assists in just 74 starts alone wouldn't score against your team. Of course that's not to mention the additional 15 goals from the starting midfield or the additional goals from other competitions like Europe or Cups.

As for me team not fitting, I'd love to know how it wouldn't. For a draft team I did very well, as I always do, and last season some of the players I was somewhat questioning actually had better seasons than they did previously. That said I have a few "bad" picks as people do every year, but the jury is still out on some and most still quite good.

:biglaugh:

Messi might get to get the ball to those bums on re-starts after we scored and before we strangled your midfield again.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
My team last year was marred by taking Dutch one year wonders and by having some of the wrong players on the bench.

Not something that's going to happen again.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
My apologies to you as well. I seriously meant nothing by it and was totally joking. Randomize the picks if you'd like, I trust you.
Aha no worries man I was kidding too. It's all good I didn't take any offence. It was more of a tongue in cheek post poking fun at another poster.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And as I said in my PM, you can make jokes on me on plenty of things, but not about honesty.
And not being seen as the equal as the little rat. I think that's even worse :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->