Who is the Avs #2 Prospect?

• LW - AJ Greer - 2015 #39 - (6)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Well, the verdict was literally unanimous last time around (not sure if that's ever happened before in this board's history). Time to find out who is the best of the rest!

Player2018 Ranking2017 Ranking
D - Cale Makar1 (100.00%)1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bowers for me... it is close between Kaut and Bowers, but I think Bowers has an underrated skill-set.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Went with Timmins on this one.

As far as who to add I think I'm going with Ty Lewis. I know we're not supposed to get excited about undrafted free-agents who put up massive points, but I'm excited for this kid. Especially after the comments from BSN about development camp.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Bowers for me... it is close between Kaut and Bowers, but I think Bowers has an underrated skill-set.

I hope Timmins makes you eat massive crow for underrating his upside lol.

I think I may actually retract a bit on my list from the last thread and go with Bowers next then Kaut. We'll see though. If you rank them similarly you have to go with the center as a tie breaker IMO.

Reactions: maxim84

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's between Kaut and Timmins for me, but I went with Kaut. I love me some Timmins, but Kaut brings a ton of things I love to the game with his work ethic and IQ.

Timmins also slips a hair because that concussion worries me after he was forced back onto the ice so soon. That could really set him back.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It's between Kaut and Timmins for me, but I went with Kaut. I love me some Timmins, but Kaut brings a ton of things I love to the game with his work ethic and IQ.

Timmins also slips a hair because that concussion worries me after he was forced back onto the ice so soon. That could really set him back.

YOU went with Kaut over Timmins lol? What world am I in right now?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I hope Timmins makes you eat massive crow for underrating his upside lol.

Really latching onto a single post huh? I've traditionally been one of his bigger supporters... and the one post wasn't a slight against him.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If we're going to be adding somebody, I would consider Shvyrev. He made the top 10 last year, and that was before he decided to come over to the AHL. Also, four of the players ahead of him have graduated or left the pool, I would think he would be in contention pretty soon after this tier.

Reactions: cgf

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If we're going to be adding somebody, I would consider Shvyrev. He made the top 10 last year, and that was before he decided to come over to the AHL. Also, four of the players ahead of him have graduated or left the pool, I would think he would be in contention pretty soon after this tier.

It was between him and Lewis for me, but I decided to go off the board a bit.

Really latching onto a single post huh? I've traditionally been one of his bigger supporters... and the one post wasn't a slight against him.

I'm just taking a stab at you, and you know it lol.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
After that conversation we had regarding Timmins and Makar a while back I was wondering if you were going to vote him in at #1 lol.
Well, like I said, I'm a believer now. Still think Timmins has amazing upside, but Makar basically took all my doubts/questions about him and answered them this year.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

This year will be big for him, but he's in my top 5 right now.

I'm just taking a stab at you, and you know it lol.

An odd thing to latch onto though... especially when I say a reasonable projection is a middle pairing 2 way D. That is a damn solid player. I have way more outlandish thoughts to key in on. ;)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

An odd thing to latch onto though... especially when I say a reasonable projection is a middle pairing 2 way D. That is a damn solid player. I have way more outlandish thoughts to key in on. ;)

I think hes got top pair upside though, so we're far apart on it. You do, but I agree with a lot of those lol.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I've got Makar ahead of a group of 5 that are pretty closely grouped, so would call it a top 6 and stop splitting hairs. That way I wouldn't have to pick between Shvyry, Bowers & Timmins for the last two spots in my top 5 lol

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Well, like I said, I'm a believer now. Still think Timmins has amazing upside, but Makar basically took all my doubts/questions about him and answered them this year.

Just curious, is Greer in your top five? Does anyone still have him top five?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think hes got top pair upside though, so we're far apart on it. You do, but I agree with a lot of those lol.

As a ceiling, I think Timmins has #2 upside and I've stated as such. Reasonable projections are a bit different... things rarely go perfectly in transitions. If he ends up a good #3 with two way ability, I think things will have gone pretty well and that is a very good NHL player.

I've got Makar ahead of a group of 5 that are pretty closely grouped, so would call it a top 6 and stop splitting hairs. That way I wouldn't have to pick between Shvyry, Bowers & Timmins for the last two spots in my top 5 lol

Similar to how I have it.... Makar - Bowers - Kaut - Shvy - Timmins are my clear top 5 and all very good prospects. Meloche and Kamenev are a step back from that group (offensive upside questions on both hold them back), but a bigger step away from the next group.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

If I think this logically, you see both Bowers and Kaut as pretty sure fire top sixers as you think more of them than Timmins that you project to be mid pairing d?

If you're correct Avs are very well set for the future.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If I think this logically, you see both Bowers and Kaut as prettt sure fire top sixers as you think more of them than Timmins that you project to be mid pairing d?

If you're correct Avs are very well set for the future.

Yeah that is how I see them. All very good players with projectable roles. Timmins will have to sort some things out and needs a decent amount of work still (which is why he falls behind a bit), but the issues are certainly correctable.

Reactions: Murzu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad