HF Wrestling Draft - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, I'm just kidding. :D I missed it because I was looking at in the context of the post he quoted.

I will say that one of the benefits of a draft like this is that I've "discovered" a few guys I either didn't know about or didn't know much about.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I didn't say I didn't care about the game. I like the competition, but at the end of the day when you've got others judging you can get a bunch of opinions, many of which you may not agree with, then it doesn't bother me if I win. I'm all about what I can put together and if I like it myself. I've done numerous soccer drafts and have had some interesting comments about the final product, yet my teams have generally stood the test of time. Granted there are more specific measures to demonstrate that if you ask me. At the end of the day I like the concept or I wouldn't have asked to participate. I like the idea I proposed more, but that doesn't mean that I don't like this draft. Just throwing out another idea.

Drag on? Several pages?

Those are pretty much my thoughts as well. Who knows what tastes you are dealing with? Tastes change often and can often be pretty crappy. I try to build the best card I can for myself with the constraint that others place by removing several quality wrestlers between each pick. Inevitably a lot of the guys I like will be popular with others, but some won't be. Likewise there are certain wrestlers that are interest poison to me and I wouldn't draft them regardless of how much someone else may like them. I find it cynical to draft a wrestler I dislike or don't have a real use for. Creating actual reasons for matches is also just something that makes it far more interesting for me. A good story can enhance a card, just as a bad one can hurt it. That's part of the reason I enjoyed nameless1's cards and those of various others.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
CC always does a terrific job in this. If y'all need one more, i can join. If not - i'm cool watching for a year. Quite busy myself. :)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Like one idea of a changing card I liked was a tournament that progressed as the card itself progressed.

Simple enough to follow, but has that change element to potentially make it interesting.

A full promotion though? I am going to lose interest as a voter.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
1 draft, no changes to cards from round to another, New Japan will be added to the list of promotions for the tag team rules, 8 hour clock as usual, that should cover it.

• Can you clarify on trades? Are they one for one or can you trade on wrestler for two or more?
  • Is the clock always running or are there off times like last year?
  • 16 participants as of now. If we get more, or if we don't, two separate drafts like last year might make things go by faster. A lagger affects everyone in one draft, but only half of us if there are two separate drafts.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm glad that it's one draft, as finding depth guys is interesting. Looking forward to the start. I assume that if someone misses their pick, they can make it as soon as they log in.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I'm glad that it's one draft, as finding depth guys is interesting. Looking forward to the start. I assume that if someone misses their pick, they can make it as soon as they log in.
As this is all in fun, I see no problem in getting a lesser pick in keeping it all fair and timely. Especially in one long draft.

I liked having you as one of my draft neighbors LOL

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When are we looking to start this thing? Have to consider that it's later this year and some people might be disappearing for vacation and whatnot.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
So does this mean the draft is due to begin Friday, and we should have our pick orders before then? Or the entire process merely begins Friday?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Since I don't feel ready at all and I don't wanna complicate things for the bracket, you can have my spot! :)

And yes I will update the order either tomorrow or Wednesday.
Oh, you don't have to take yourself out for me! If there's no room, that's totally cool.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
If Chris Cutter really does want out then that's a pretty convenient out, but having 17 isn't all that inconvenient. One first round matchup being a three way is no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad