HF Wild 2013-14 Fantasy Hockey (All hail the Double Yellow Liners!)

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm not entirely sure how the consolation thing works. Anyone care to explain?

Same as playoffs. The #7 & 8 Seeds get bye weeks while 9 plays 12 and 10 plays 11 to try to get to the consolation semis.

And damn it looks like the Adventure Time division ran away with things. 4 of 6 teams got in and had above 500 records whereas only two teams from the 'Murica division got in, and only one of those two had a .500 or better record.

Apparently everyone not a Finn or Jake sucks. :(

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
jim-mora-playoffs-o.gif

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Omagad I'm in the finals. Hirawl, here we go. Both have key guys out (Malkin, Tavares) and stellar goaltending (Quick, Lundqvist).

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
For ****s sake my team played like crap to take me into last place at the end of the season and now I'm playing in the consolation final.

Where was this effort weeks ago when I was still in the playoff hunt?!?!?!?!?! :scared:

Also it looks like most everyone in the consolation bracket has checked out, so, guessing we're gonna use end of regular season standings to determine draft positions 1-6 next year.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
So since I was 11th, does this mean I'm a lottery team? Sidney Crosby, here I come! :sarcasm:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Ranked as the #5 team potentially getting third or fourth place. I'll take it. I suppose.

I was ranked the #1 team in my other league and got beat by my buddy by 3 points(not categories). We were the two clear best teams in the entire league and would consistently get 20-30 more points than everybody else in the league. Really frustrating. 3rd place it is.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Omagad I'm in the finals. Hirawl, here we go. Both have key guys out (Malkin, Tavares) and stellar goaltending (Quick, Lundqvist).

I've got Duchene out now. Tavares I picked up a while ago already injured. Just in case.

I've done surprisingly well since my season went practically down the drain with injuries somewhere around three or four weeks into the fantasy season. I was forced to let some key people go (we only had 1 IR spot at the time) and start adding and dropping like a madman. Turned out ok I guess.

Not too confident heading into the finals. Your roster looks pretty strong.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I've got Duchene out now. Tavares I picked up a while ago already injured. Just in case.

I've done surprisingly well since my season went practically down the drain with injuries somewhere around three or four weeks into the fantasy season. I was forced to let some key people go (we only had 1 IR spot at the time) and start adding and dropping like a madman. Turned out ok I guess.

Not too confident heading into the finals. Your roster looks pretty strong.

I had my share of injury problems this season too with Nash out.. I like both of our rosters, expecting very tight finals, just like the semis were against 12 parsec Kessel run (won 6-5).

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I had my share of injury problems this season too with Nash out.. I like both of our rosters, expecting very tight finals, just like the semis were against 12 parsec Kessel run (won 6-5).

Haha yeah that was close. I had a glimmer of hope of pulling it out at the last second but no dice. Oh well.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm still trying to take the consolation championship.

Chucked a couple guys out the window for scrubs who are actually playing today.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Double Yellow Liners are back.
The offending champions. The lowest common re-dominators. :yo:

Aand that's a wrap and the wrap is in the bag! Thank you boys. Finns and Jakes baby, Finns and Jakes. Good fun.

Next we go all dynasty?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Aand that's a wrap and the wrap is in the bag! Thank you boys. Finns and Jakes baby, Finns and Jakes. Good fun.

Next we go all dynasty?

Well, that's what we start talking about now that the season is over. Just how deep into the rabbit hole do we want our league to go?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Allright. Well, there are a couple of options we can do.

We can do keeper. Basically we'd pick a number of players and we could keep that many from year to year, with or without restrictions.

We can do dynasty, which is basically you just keep your whole team year to year, with or without restrictions.

Or we can go whole hog. We all draft full sized NHL rosters as well as a deep prospect pool, rules for when a prospect must graduate to the NHL roster or be dropped, IR limits identical to NHL rules.

If we go this route, our first draft would be LONG, likely longer than we'd like in one sitting. We'd draft 12 forwards, 6 d, 2 goalies, and however long we want our bench to be. We would then draft several rounds of prospects. These would be our teams going forward, period. Drafts in the following years would be rookie drafts of only a few rounds. New teams entering the league would go through an expansion draft process, and players wishing to leave the league would be asked to find a new "owner" for their franchise and if one can not be found, a dispersal draft would take place.

Research would be critical, not just on what players are doing well in the NHL, but who is doing well as an undrafted prospect or potential drafted player. Only prospects who are in an NHL system would be allowed to be drafted or picked up as a free agent into our teams prospect pools.

Undrafted players would either be free agents or we could do continuous waivers. We'd do dropped players differently than normally. Possibly some kind of salary cap system. We would have a hard NHL + Prospect roster limit and teams would be penalized for going over this limit. For a player to be considered a prospect he would have to be under an NHL game limit and an age limit.

Basically, if we go the whole hog route, we cease being a fantasy hockey league and we become an NHL simulation league.

If we're really interested in the final route, I'll do some research into a few things, see how things can work, what our options would be.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I'm not sure if we should go all dungeons & dragons on this, but I must admit it sounds REALLY interesting. I'd be definitely interested in a more realistic, sort of a dynasty-style league.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm not sure if we should go all dungeons & dragons on this, but I must admit it sounds REALLY interesting. I'd be definitely interested in a more realistic, sort of a dynasty-style league.

Yeah, the thing is, if we're gonna go all the way, we need a huge commitment from everyone because the first year is gonna be rough what with the epic draft, getting everything all set up with it. We'll probably have to use a system other than Yahoo since we'll probably want to track prospect pools some way other than manually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad