OT: HF Pens OT Zone: It's cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I get they were going to release it with Dolores taking up the vocals, but it just weird and wrong to remake a protest song like that.

It'd be like Disturbed releasing a Fortunate Son cover or System of a Down belting out Ohio.

Reactions: Peat

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
This one company wants me to do a "virtual interview". It's where I film myself answering questions via my phone or computer. Not a fan. :confused:

Just know when you get to the question that asks you to peel a banana with your bare feet, they are supposed to pay double.

Reactions: Winger for Hire

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This one company wants me to do a "virtual interview". It's where I film myself answering questions via my phone or computer. Not a fan. :confused:
Yeah it's stupid. I saw my boss' kid doing an interview in his office and after I was like, oh was it a skype one? He's like no, facetime? no...what it was, was he had to film himself answering questions and the video is then sent to the employer to look at.

Interviewing has gotten that freaking lazy.

Now people text you and send you shit like that? If you can't figure it out in 1 interview, your company f***ing sucks.

Reactions: Brandinho

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
People complain about young employees constantly, but shit like this is overlooked all the time from employers.

Like when my company, about 4 years ago now, decided to tell us about a pay freeze and cash flow problems over a single paragraph email. Then directed any questions to the bulk HR email. If an employee did something similar, like I don't know... decided to give less than a day's notice by email to their boss they're going on a week vacation then directed any responses to a junk email, their would be holy hell to pay and the entire generation of workers would be labeled entitled and lazy.

It's grating.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
People complain about young employees constantly, but **** like this is overlooked all the time from employers.

Like when my company, about 4 years ago now, decided to tell us about a pay freeze and cash flow problems over a single paragraph email. Then directed any questions to the bulk HR email. If an employee did something similar, like I don't know... decided to give less than a day's notice by email to their boss they're going on a week vacation then directed any responses to a junk email, their would be holy hell to pay and the entire generation of workers would be labeled entitled and lazy.

It's grating.

It's just weird to me. A big part of me doing an interview is getting a read on the person, real time, and responding to me being in the room with them and me being able to ask the questions I want and allow the potential employee, the opportunity to ask me questions they want to ask and riff off of that. To automate it that much and make it that impersonal, is just a weird way to go and it's a trend that is happening.

Lowering salary to jobs that used to pay well.
Having multiple interviews - Again, if you can't figure it out in 1 interview, you really need to look at how you're spending money, multiple interviews is a waste of time and money.
Training - Taking a huge back seat, most people now leave jobs because they are overwhelmed, not because the job is hard, but they are not trained to handle the role they were brought in for and get them up to speed.

Then this automated shit, I remember our company thought about it and I was very against it.

Reactions: Peat and Brandinho

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I would never hire someone that I couldn't interact with, unless they were a known quantity (ie, top 1% of their field). How the hell do you get a feel for anything with canned responses being read into a camera? I want to see how they react spontaneously when I say something they weren't expecting. I want to look in their f***ing eyes for crying out loud. I guess that kind of process could be better if you're just hiring for a bullshit entry level position, but for anything more important it's addlebrained.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Holy crap, Will Smith as the Genie looks so god damn awful.

Although Hell Boy looks fantastic. I'm happy with that trailer, huge fan of the comics so it's nice to see a more serious take on it.

Last edited:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Someone mark the day on the calendar, HOG is not upset over a pop culture thing on the internet!!

I agree with the Hellboy trailer. Looks fun and I will certainly see it. Though first glance at the internet showed me a big angry mob over the trailer for "not being gritty enough" and "looking like something we've seen before" and the biggest gripe "that's not Ron Pearlman. Won't see it without him as Hellboy"

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Someone mark the day on the calendar, HOG is not upset over a pop culture thing on the internet!!

I agree with the Hellboy trailer. Looks fun and I will certainly see it. Though first glance at the internet showed me a big angry mob over the trailer for "not being gritty enough" and "looking like something we've seen before" and the biggest gripe "that's not Ron Pearlman. Won't see it without him as Hellboy"

Sounds like a bunch of Marvel fan boys that don't like things that aren't Marvel and hate things that are good and not Marvel.

I patiently await Ogrezilla to come and lambaste me for this take while wearing his Black Widow onesie.

Last edited:

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba

I just watched the trailer and I'm not sure what to think. Neil Marshall is directing, so you know you're getting a trashy, gratuitous, entertaining-in-a-low-brow-kind-of-way gorefest. I'm fine with that, it's wildly different from the first two, but I think it fits the character/world well.

On the other hand, I'm already feeling the absence of Perlman just from the dialogue in the trailer. David Harbour doesn't have an ounce of charisma so his casting always puzzled me. It's just a trailer, but his delivery seems really awkward in exactly the manner that I was expecting. I get why Perlman isn't returning - no matter how well he takes cares of himself, he's still a 68 year old man and Hellboy is a very physical role. I just don't think they did well at all in choosing his replacement.

Everything else looked fine. The villain seems interesting, there was some nice monster design (albeit not as inspired as some of the stuff GDT came up with) and I'm sure it'll be a fun popcorn flick. I just can't bring myself to care all that much about a movie franchise continuing without its two best elements.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I think I remember an interview with Pearlman saying when he did Hellboy just putting on and walking out of the makeup chair was grueling. I don't know why people think a 70yr old would want to go through that, regardless of how much he liked the role or how good he was in it.

Harbor doesn't excite me in the role, but he also doesn't scare me from the movie. He's kind of just there. He kind of just... there.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I think I remember an interview with Pearlman saying when he did Hellboy just putting on and walking out of the makeup chair was grueling. I don't know why people think a 70yr old would want to go through that, regardless of how much he liked the role or how good he was in it.

Harbor doesn't excite me in the role, but he also doesn't scare me from the movie. He's kind of just there. He kind of just... there.

He had to show up 4 hours in advance of shooting to give them enough time to do the makeup. Every day, 4 hours. That's insane.

The thing about Harbour isn't that he's a bad actor, he's just a bad fit for the role. His range goes from creep to sadistic creep to supporting character who ostensibly isn't a creep but still comes off creepy. That's his niche and that isn't Hellboy.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Sounds like a bunch of Marvel fan boys that don't like things that aren't Marvel and hate things that are good and not Marvel.

I patiently await Ogrezilla to come and lambaste me for this take while wearing his Black Widow onesie.
Hey there are plenty of good non marvel comic book movies. It just happens that they aren't recent batman or superman movies.

Reactions: Winger for Hire

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I liked it better when you were AWOL, you *******.
HxaC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad