Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 18th Overall

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I went with Zykov. The numbers seem to support him as a pick, and I like that he seems to have done really well in a new country and reports seem to indicate that he is a good teammate/ hard worker.

What is the appeal of Lazar? I didn't see him play at all and his stats aren't really that impressive. Interested to know what it is about his game that people seem to regard so highly.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I went with Zykov. The numbers seem to support him as a pick, and I like that he seems to have done really well in a new country and reports seem to indicate that he is a good teammate/ hard worker.

What is the appeal of Lazar? I didn't see him play at all and his stats aren't really that impressive. Interested to know what it is about his game that people seem to regard so highly.

Think it's right-handed center that did well in the international tournaments for Canada.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think the best player available at this point is Pulock.

The Wings would likely trade some of their young D prospects at that point though very soon.

Wish we could tack somebody on to our pick for a trade with Nill or somebody a little bit up the board to get Horvat. Wanted him all year cannot believe his OHL playoffs took him just out of our reach.

Honestly there are a couple guys here I would take before Lazar. Biggest outside of Pulock is Zykov, but also Hartman and Morrissey.

Everyone should know Hakan will likely be beating the Hagg drum at this point or urging them to move down a couple spots and get him.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Lazar based on positional need. I've been a fan of his for a while though so I'm biased.

It'll be interesting to see who's available in the real draft, because going BPA I wouldn't be disappointed landing a defensive prospect of Pulock/Morrissey upside. After those 3 and maybe Hagg/Hartman, I see another big drop off in talent though. Maybe that's just me.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Pulock is expected to go this low? Isn't that kid a stud?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I don't think he will slide this far.

But my God if the Wings get him, they will have Frk, Pulkkinen, Sproul and Pulock all in the system. We will have to send them to the other end of the ice so they don't hurt people and we can re-enforce the glass for shooting drills.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't think he will slide this far.

But my God if the Wings get him, they will have Frk, Pulkkinen, Sproul and Pulock all in the system. We will have to send them to the other end of the ice so they don't hurt people and we can re-enforce the glass for shooting drills.

Camp those 4 on the left side of the Ice on 2 PP units and we'd have goalies shaking in their crease :yo:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Camp those 4 on the left side of the Ice on 2 PP units and we'd have goalies shaking in their crease :yo:

Marchenko has a bigger slapper than most think, most important is his is accurate, so is Sproul in terms of point shooters. We have been starving for right handed shooting and our system is starting to burst at the seams with it. Yes some of them are a little ways off, but it is getting to the point where I don't know of another team with the shooting power of the Wings in the pipeline and Pulock would seal that in terms of I would argue the Wings have the hardest shots period in the pipeline of any team in the NHL.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Marchenko has a bigger slapper than most think, most important is his is accurate, so is Sproul in terms of point shooters. We have been starving for right handed shooting and our system is starting to burst at the seams with it. Yes some of them are a little ways off, but it is getting to the point where I don't know of another team with the shooting power of the Wings in the pipeline and Pulock would seal that in terms of I would argue the Wings have the hardest shots period in the pipeline of any team in the NHL.

I have to imagine Sproul and Pulock would edge him out though if we did somehow in fact end with those two. But between all of our prospects we definitely are going to have some more options for players to play on the point and in the slot on the PP. Hopefully even your boy Tvrdon could be an option some day :) (as a lefty)

Forgot that Jarnkrok is really good on the point on the PP as a righty as well.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I have to imagine Sproul and Pulock would edge him out though if we did somehow in fact end with those two. But between all of our prospects we definitely are going to have some more options for players to play on the point and in the slot on the PP. Hopefully even your boy Tvrdon could be an option some day :) (as a lefty)

Forgot that Jarnkrok is really good on the point on the PP as a righty as well.

Tvrdon has a huge slapper from the Point on the PP, actually so does Sheahan from his days at ND. But both of those guys future is in front of the net.

Cannot tell you how excited I am for Tvrdon to be a pro, really hope he can stay healthy, still think he is a gem. Also think he is likely trade bait though at some point, so trying to temper my absurd desires to see him play for the Wings.:laugh:

I think Jarnkrok winds up as a half wall player for us given the options developing on the point. But he is a dynamic PP guy, really why I always call him a poor man Backstrom instead of the Zetterberg comparison.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Pulock's slapper is accurate too. And he gets it through very well and doesn't wind it for two weeks like Pulks.

I will say this both Sproul and Pulock have the kind of shots that make guys flamingo at the Junior level though. Pro hockey will be a bit different in that regard. Still like how accurate both guys are with power, basically we would be getting the two closest versions of Mike Green in Junior hockey if this works out that way.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Little 'bust' factor.

Excellent work ethic.

RH C is plus.

Plays similar to Mike Richards or Ryan Callahan.

I had always thought that he played more like a Carter/Fischer in that he was a shot first center but has a very good defensive game. I think his low end is a Fisher like 3C on the high end a good defensive #2C. I'm just not sure his offensive makes the transition.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I think alot of people look at his season and see regression since he went from 60 to 45 points and don't take into account that basically the team lost alot of top players(which helped his stats last year)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Too bad Pulock doesn't have Prongeresue-mean streak in him. But if he had, no way he would fall to 18th.

Kids pretty mean, he is like a bigger version of Kronwall in terms of what people should expect with far superior MPH on his shot. He likes to hit and hunts the open ice hit. Pretty physical in his own zone like Ouellet and has great leadership qualities, was the captain of his team in his draft year although they were pretty terrible aside from him.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I had always thought that he played more like a Carter/Fischer in that he was a shot first center but has a very good defensive game. I think his low end is a Fisher like 3C on the high end a good defensive #2C. I'm just not sure his offensive makes the transition.

Well Fisher might be better comparison.

And yes there is question's about his off. upside.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Pulock would make our defence group pretty much insane:

Brendan Smith 24y 6'2 L - Ryan Pulock 18y 6'0 R
Adam Almquist 22y 5'11 L - Ryan Sproul 20y 6'4 R
Xavier Ouellet 19y 6'1 L - Nick Jensen 22y 6'1 R
Mattias Bäckman 20y 6'2 L - Alexei Marchenko 21y 6'2 R
Richard Nedomlel 19y 6'5 L - Max Nicastro 23y 6'3 R

JimLaheyprobert

Nov 19, 2012
id love to see the wings get kyrby rychel, the guy has back to back 40 goal seasons in the O and is a physical player who has a big body. Guys like that are tough to find.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
id love to see the wings get kyrby rychel, the guy has back to back 40 goal seasons in the O and is a physical player who has a big body. Guys like that are tough to find.

He has improved his skating a lot too. Still would take Hartman in front of him if that is the kind of player we are after a lot of heart in both of those guys. Hartman is a better skater though and by a significant margin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad