Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Pulock would make our defence group pretty much insane:

Brendan Smith 24y 6'2 L - Ryan Pulock 18y 6'0 R
Adam Almquist 22y 5'11 L - Ryan Sproul 20y 6'4 R
Xavier Ouellet 19y 6'1 L - Nick Jensen 22y 6'1 R
Mattias Bäckman 20y 6'2 L - Alexei Marchenko 21y 6'2 R
Richard Nedomlel 19y 6'5 L - Max Nicastro 23y 6'3 R

You didn't even include DeKeyser in that list either, maybe throw in Kindl though he isn't a prospect anymore. If we did take Pulock I think we'd have at least a top 3 defensive system. I mean 7 players with top 4 potential, 1 4/5 potential & 2 with bottom pairing potential, add in DeKeyser & that's 8 with top 4 potential. That's crazy, anyone know what some of the other NHL defensive pools like?

djdan6215

Feb 26, 2012
draft

wings need a forward or center

in order:
1-valentin zykov
2-curtis lazar
3-kerby rychel
4-ryan hartman
5-anthony mantha

in the second round i want laurent dauphin,emile poirier,anthony duclair or pavel buchnevich

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Pulock would make our defence group pretty much insane:

Brendan Smith 24y 6'2 L - Ryan Pulock 18y 6'0 R
Xavier Ouellet 19y 6'1 L - Nick Jensen 22y 6'1 R
Mattias Bäckman 20y 6'2 L - Alexei Marchenko 21y 6'2 R
Richard Nedomlel 19y 6'5 L - Max Nicastro 23y 6'3 R
I've been outspoken in the past about how the Wings don't need more D prospects, but I'd definitely change my mind for Pulock. I think Smith, Sproul, Ouellet, and Jensen will all be NHLers... but I don't think anybody knows how good of NHLers they'll be. It could be that 3 of those guys (or even all of them) top out at bottom pairing. I wouldn't bet a ton on Almquist, Nedomlel, or Nicastro ever making the NHL full-time either. So there's a lot of room for a guy like Pulock if the Wings like him enough.

But like I said, I'll be shocked if Pulock is around at 18. The guy is far too talented.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Kids pretty mean, he is like a bigger version of Kronwall in terms of what people should expect with far superior MPH on his shot. He likes to hit and hunts the open ice hit. Pretty physical in his own zone like Ouellet and has great leadership qualities, was the captain of his team in his draft year although they were pretty terrible aside from him.

Yeah?

He hasn't seem very physical to me, granted I see the WHL the least of CHL. He will battle out in the boards but hasn't looked like crease-cleaner to me. Morrissey, though, he's sort of like Dumba, will go for big open ice hits. But he has other issues.

Good for Pulock if he has that dimension, but that makes it less likely him to drop imo.. I'd take him above Ristolainen. Zadorov too. Nurse is tough one.

You didn't even include DeKeyser in that list either, maybe throw in Kindl though he isn't a prospect anymore. If we did take Pulock I think we'd have at least a top 3 defensive system. I mean 7 players with top 4 potential, 1 4/5 potential & 2 with bottom pairing potential, add in DeKeyser & that's 8 with top 4 potential. That's crazy, anyone know what some of the other NHL defensive pools like?

Isles: Reinhart, De Haan, Donovan, Pokka, Mayfield, Pelech

Pens: Pouliot, Dumoulin, Määttä, Harrington, Bortuzzo, Samuelsson, Despres

Tampa: Barberio, Sustr, Koekkoek, Blujus, Nesterov, Gudas, Sergeyev, Korobov

Jackets: Murray, Curcuruto, Prout, Reilly, Savard, Goloubef, Erixon

Dallas has good group too.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Oh, forgot DeKeyser. :D

My idea was to take all under 25 aged there with potential, so Kindl was out.

So let's go with this:

Dan DeKeyser 23y 6'3 L - Ryan Pulock 18y 6'0 R
Xavier Ouellet 19y 6'1 L - Brendan Smith 24y 6'2 L
Mattias Bäckman 20y 6'2 L - Nick Jensen 22y 6'1 R
Richard Nedomlel 19y 6'5 L - Alexei Marchenko 21y 6'2 R
James De Haas 19y 6'2 L - Max Nicastro 23y 6'3 R

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think there's no way Pulock drops to 18, but I would love it if we pursued trading up to try and get him. I think he's got a good shot at developing into the type of player we all want for our defense.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Pretty sweet video

look at the goal at about the 1:43 mark. That's some serious gas.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Looks like Pulock playes with longer stick than guys normally with his size. That a very big factor in defending to give him some extra reach being a "small" guy. (only 6'0, when average NHL D is 6'2...)

It's like Datsyuk. 5'11 guy with long arms and stick... = reach of 6'3 player.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Lots of players to like on that list, I went with Pulock.

Bowey would be another option, and I like Hartman as well. In my picks I went with Dauphin with the 1st pick, assuming that the Wings would be picking later than 18th.

Although, I still think he'd be a good pick at 18, albeit, off the board.

snailderby

Jul 10, 2010
Would love to take a center but would definitely pick Pulock over Lazar. The scouting reports I've read for Lazar seem to project him as a high floor, low ceiling type of player, and we have enough depth players in our system.

Pulock has been compared to Karlsson, Shattenkirk, Weber, and McInnis, and has been ranked as high as #8 (by THN). He's 6'1", about 210 pounds, and is a R.H. shot. He has an extremely hard shot, and yet people have observed that "he will actually try to find good lanes for his shot and make good plays with the puck rather than just drilling pucks into defenders or the glass." He's also supposed to be a cerebral player with good hockey sense. All that to say, his ceiling seems higher than Lazar's.

Last edited:

HTT3*

I give Holland the green light on trading down. Would rather have two 2nd and two 3rd round picks, and potentially an extra 7th.

Trading down is the best option.

Xvash2

Jul 8, 2010
I really hope the Wings trade some less needed players for draft picks, this draft is insanely deep and we could pick up some serious talent here.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I give Holland the green light on trading down. Would rather have two 2nd and two 3rd round picks, and potentially an extra 7th.

Trading down is the best option.

I don't know enough about the prospects to have a sense of whether the guys in the 18 range are that much better than the guys in the 30-40 range this year.

I do know that in 2011 the Wings traded back and used their 3 2nd rounders to get Jurco, Ouellet, and Sproul. That appears to be working out pretty well for them.

The guy that was taken with their 1st rounder (Puempel) isn't lighting the world on fire and looks like he wouldn't have been a fit because he doesn't like to backcheck at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad