OT: HF Jets Lounge: We Like King Tut Because He's So Damn Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Really? I did not enjoy American Hustle. Mind you I watched it right after watching Wolf of Wall Street so that may be why :laugh:

And I agree, Rush was fantastic.

I have Wolf of Wall Street on PVR and am looking forward to it.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Flew air Canada a few times lately and as such have been catching up on some movie watching and here are quick reviews:

American Hustle. very well done although I have about 15 minutes of movie left to see....as advertised with a rich plot and great acting. Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence were both spectacular and although Chrsitan Bale is a weird flake dude is a genius.

Lone Survivor: saw the 60 minutes documentary on the real life guy and it made me tune in. I have acquired the yips on War movies ever since Saving private Ryan and I often have to leave the theatre from stress (weird). This one is prettty well done considering its limitations of following a true narrative. some pandering but on balance very intense and suspenseful.

True detective: I only saw the first 15 minutes of the pilot episode before my plane landed and I can tell this one is a home run. Not sure when it will be out on NetFlix

Grudge Match: "because I has seen everything else". Kevin Hart and Alan Arkin were both very funny in the movie.....nice light watching after the other material. Kind of a 5 or 6 out of 10 type.

Rush: is a home run effort about the James Hunt Niki Lauda formula 1 rivalry in the 70's. I am by no means a race car fan but this is a must see movie.

I have never heard of "the yips"

I looked it up and I still don't understand it's use in this instance

You must be old if even I don't get a phrase you are using :laugh:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

It's a golfing expression. PS loves his golf expressions and analogies. ;)

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
HBO shows will never be on netflix since you can watch them if you subscribe to the channel on your on demand channels (in which case it's under Movie Central on demand on MTS)

I can even watch Six Feet Under if I really wanted to.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Brand new, just posted and here it is: The first NHL 15 teaser

I have so much hope in this game. It's not even funny. I will be so disappointed if it's the same game with just a different, prettier look.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Brand new, just posted and here it is: The first NHL 15 teaser

I have so much hope in this game. It's not even funny. I will be so disappointed if it's the same game with just a different, prettier look.

looks good. Too bad I don't have a system that'll play it anymore. Loved playing it on PC but they only make it for xbox and playstation and I hate both those systems.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Speaking of NHL15 (thanks for the segue GJF ;)):

pavelec_controller.gif

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Finally got my Samsung s5 and love it so far. Going to be grindphoning it up for a while.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Yea sorry my reference (golf) was a bit Bizarre for this instance but I am not sure how else to describe it....as a boy growing up from my generation watching war movies with my dad and brother was always kind of a big deal....that opening scene from Private Ryan on the beach had an impact on me and I have tended to be hit or miss on being able to make it through war movies ever since and usually I just avoid the category.....the Yips in golf as I understand it is that guys tend to have these physiological reactions that are largely the result of their brain playing tricks on them and it manifests itself in golfers freezing up while standing over top of a put etc. "something that always came easy to them but now their mind is screwing with them on it"

I'm sure that clears it right up :laugh:

Last edited:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Dang son, you've never heard of the yips?

Mr. Second Language over here knows that expression by heart, and I'm even younger than you are!:D

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
What were you on before? I have an iPhone 4 and I'm thinking it's upgrade time...

HTC thunderbolt on verizon. Some pretty serious and wacky hardware issues at the end.

One drawback with this phone is the speaker does not get very loud before distorting.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
The way I look at it is it's a savings plan

Yeah me too sort of. I don't have the willpower to save $1500 much less $8000. Part of my salary automatically goes to shares so I can't easily access them, and then end of the year I make some calls/paperwork to use some of those shares to buy RRSPs, and the resulting refund is used for...something. :)

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I feel like poop.

Spring colds suck and especially during the last week of school when you have a huge project due that's worth 40% of a final grade

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Computer geeks (errr YWG... this is you)

I can't find a decent design of a grocery store (this is what my big project is on. It's an office manual). What would be the best way to design my own? It'll be basic with where everything is.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Computer geeks (errr YWG... this is you)

I can't find a decent design of a grocery store (this is what my big project is on. It's an office manual). What would be the best way to design my own? It'll be basic with where everything is.

Sorry you are losing me on this are you talking about a footprint architectural design of a grocery store layout? What application are you using it in?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Yeah me too sort of. I don't have the willpower to save $1500 much less $8000. Part of my salary automatically goes to shares so I can't easily access them, and then end of the year I make some calls/paperwork to use some of those shares to buy RRSPs, and the resulting refund is used for...something. :)

Rrep loans are good for you. Now you can spread the loan out to multiple years, and you can throttle the deduction. Too bad you can't get good rates for a tfsa loan. I tell people to do 50 50 when saving. Depending on situation of course.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Sorry you are losing me on this are you talking about a footprint architectural design of a grocery store layout? What application are you using it in?

General layout of where the departments are. Like this one
Grocery-Store1.jpg

I don't know which application to draw it in. I tried in excel but I can't remember how to use it. Can't I just draw it in Word?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yep, you can use some of the 'Art' tools in Word to do that. It's not specifically made to do that, but it works, and makes it easier to put together a manual if you don't have to transfer graphics back and forth.

Should be on the 'Insert' tab in Word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad