Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
General layout of where the departments are. Like this one
Grocery-Store1.jpg

I don't know which application to draw it in. I tried in excel but I can't remember how to use it. Can't I just draw it in Word?

Thanks for the explanation I am in a bit over my head on CAD or even very simple drawing stuff. Hopefully one of our more tech savvy posters can be of more assistance.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Ps so am I lol. More of a writing person.

Worse scenario I draw it with a ruler and a pencil. My dad still has his old school drafting rulers

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Thanks for the explanation I am in a bit over my head on CAD or even very simple drawing stuff. Hopefully one of our more tech savvy posters can be of more assistance.
Engineering student to the rescue!
Ps so am I lol. More of a writing person.

Worse scenario I draw it with a ruler and a pencil. My dad still has his old school drafting rulers

Assuming you don't have access to legit CAD software, Google SketchUp is good and easy to use which you may or may not be able to find for free.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Yep, you can use some of the 'Art' tools in Word to do that. It's not specifically made to do that, but it works, and makes it easier to put together a manual if you don't have to transfer graphics back and forth.

Should be on the 'Insert' tab in Word.

I'm printing it out so making it all one document is not an issue.

On another note. The instructor that's teaching us Business Communications is a female dog. Worst instructor by far. Doesn't have any experience teaching

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Google Sketchup is the bomb. I used to play around on that in high school. I was just reminded of it last week, my buddy did a layout of his house for remodeling.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm printing it out so making it all one document is not an issue.

Regardless, it should do what you want to do, even if you don't want to combine them. You can easily make a floor plan with the tools in it, similar to the one you posted.

StronGeer's suggestion of Sketchup is a good one, but it's quite a bit more complex than using the simple tools in Word. It's 3D, exporting stuff, while not difficult, is more problematic than Word, and Google sold off Sketchup - not sure there's a free version available anymore. We used to use it for quick pre-viz of location shoots, etc. Nice program for what it does, but might be overkill for what you're looking to do.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Regardless, it should do what you want to do, even if you don't want to combine them. You can easily make a floor plan with the tools in it, similar to the one you posted.

StronGeer's suggestion of Sketchup is a good one, but it's quite a bit more complex than using the simple tools in Word. It's 3D, exporting stuff, while not difficult, is more problematic than Word, and Google sold off Sketchup - not sure there's a free version available anymore. We used to use it for quick pre-viz of location shoots, etc. Nice program for what it does, but might be overkill for what you're looking to do.

Thanks YWG.

Things you shouldn't do on transit is clip your nails. Yuck

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
HTC thunderbolt on verizon. Some pretty serious and wacky hardware issues at the end.

One drawback with this phone is the speaker does not get very loud before distorting.

Well, glad you like the Galaxy 5. I know some people with a Galaxy 3 that aren't totally satisfied...but to quote Louis CK: "Everything's amazing and nobody's happy." :)

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Well, glad you like the Galaxy 5. I know some people with a Galaxy 3 that aren't totally satisfied...but to quote Louis CK: "Everything's amazing and nobody's happy." :)

That is a great clip. :) I remember rotary phones. Also early VCR's and microwaves, and Pong. The 'Hockey' game on the pong machine meant you had TWO paddles per side. Amazing!

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

You got that right, get back to me in a few weeks see how I feel then. Should have the Zerolemon 7500mah battery + case by then.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
That is a great clip. :) I remember rotary phones. Also early VCR's and microwaves, and Pong. The 'Hockey' game on the pong machine meant you had TWO paddles per side. Amazing!

We only got rid of our last rotary phone about five years ago. I was really only hanging onto it for nostalgia because it came from my parents house where I grew up.

Yeah, all the old stuff...do you ever get emails about that stuff? I know and grew up with all that stuff. Hell, the first phone number I learned was CEdar3-5305.

I'm so old I grew up when you went to the movies in the theater because you had no option other than that. It was a huge deal when the community club (Windsor, if you care) brought in the Little Drummer Boy (claymation baby!) at Christmas and showed it in the gym.

:cry:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Brand new, just posted and here it is: The first NHL 15 teaser

I have so much hope in this game. It's not even funny. I will be so disappointed if it's the same game with just a different, prettier look.

I'll wait to see someone else's game before I buy. I haven't got an NHL game since '10 and I bought every one since 94. I got sick of the same old thing with minor changes.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The area I live in is made up of 5 towns, Stellarton being one of them. Love driving down Main Street!

1gWhnmo.jpg

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
My warranty did not cover my phone, so I ended up spending $200 on a new iPhone 4S :( They didn't want to take my word on the crack on the back being unrelated to the crashed phone. :laugh: :help:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
http://www.mugglenet.com/books/harry-potter/james-sirius-prequel/

Oh. My. Goodness.

I can't believe I didn't know about this for 6 years.

I need to go look for more Harry Potter stuff that JK Rowling has written. Screw my upcoming finals.

To me, Harry Potter did not age well. I liked those books growing up, now can't stand them. Pokemon? Love it. Lord of the Rings? Awesome, awesome. But Harry Potter? Of my 10-14 year old stuff it stands out as crappy to me.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
To me, Harry Potter did not age well. I liked those books growing up, now can't stand them. Pokemon? Love it. Lord of the Rings? Awesome, awesome. But Harry Potter? Of my 10-14 year old stuff it stands out as crappy to me.

The first four books are still gold to me. Especially the third, it has such a great creepy vibe to it. Plus Sirius ended up becoming on of my favourite characters.

Last few books completely unraveled, the pacing was bad, Voldemort just turned into the wizard version of Hitler in so many ways it just looked like lazy writing. Rowling was somewhat pressured to get these books out on a certain timeline and I think that's what ruined it. It's one of the reasons I really like George R.R. Martin, he just says **** it you can read the book when it's done.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
The first four books are still gold to me. Especially the third, it has such a great creepy vibe to it. Plus Sirius ended up becoming on of my favourite characters.

Last few books completely unraveled, the pacing was bad, Voldemort just turned into the wizard version of Hitler in so many ways it just looked like lazy writing. Rowling was somewhat pressured to get these books out on a certain timeline and I think that's what ruined it. It's one of the reasons I really like George R.R. Martin, he just says **** it you can read the book when it's done.

I liked 6, really not a fan of seven. God that ending

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I never read or saw Harry Potter :amazed:

Am I a bad boy now?

Gotta love that nascar car :laugh:

Me either but I just took my 5 year old to a Harry Potter theme party and he had a blast.......the mom went all out!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
My warranty did not cover my phone, so I ended up spending $200 on a new iPhone 4S :( They didn't want to take my word on the crack on the back being unrelated to the crashed phone. :laugh: :help:

You know that is the very definition of insanity: Doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result.

Getting the iPhone, that is. Or starting another season with Pavelec... what were we talking about?

I should get bonus points for working Pavs into the OT thread :D:p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad