OT: HF Jets Lounge: We Like King Tut Because He's So Damn Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
ok get in there - this is embarrassing! (actually that whole list is terrible but w/e)

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1660025

I jumped in there and admittedly I can be a bit of a jerk in these things but I don't care.

They're comparing Bryan Little to Ryan Nugent Hopkins and some poor misguided souls think it is close and some that think RNH is better. Sometimes you just have to get your hands bloody as far as I'm concerned

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Just came across this in the Miss Lonelyhearts section in today's online freep and seriously LOLed...

Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: I've been happily married to my husband for 15 years; however, he was recently diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. Ever since his diagnosis, he's become a completely different person. He sometimes comes home in the middle of the night with no explanation of where he was. I found out he started smoking marijuana. I also have a pretty good suspicion he has a second cellphone, though he denies it. I desperately need help. I'm currently pregnant, to go along with a moody son, a husband with lung cancer and an overdrawn chequing account. -- Stressed and Confused, Winnipeg.

Dear Stressed: You have to get tough now. Your husband knows he's going to die and it won't be long, so he's doing whatever he pleases. He may not be thinking of you, his child and the baby any more, or when he does, it makes him depressed and panicky. Drugs and women are big distractions from those feelings, Second cellphones make contacting another woman or a drug dealer much easier.

So get refocused on yourself, your child and baby to come -- as if you are already on your own. What supports can you start putting in place? Do you have a job where you will get maternity leave? If not, can you go on social assistance? If necessary, what can you do to make money when the baby is little? Where will you live? Do you need to have a roommate, or move in with family? Who could that be? It's time to confess to friends and family exactly what your desperate situation is, financially and otherwise. Villa Maria, the home/centre (204-269-2114) for unwed/single mothers knows all the supports for pregnant women that exist in the city, so call them. You are not single now, but you will be when your baby is very young. Are your parents close? If they offer money to help you, don't be too proud. Accept it.

Do you need a food bank? Don't be ashamed to call Winnipeg Harvest so you and the kids can eat. As for sex, start using condoms again, on any excuse. If your husband is upset, say you have a vaginal infection you could pass on. Protect yourself and your children from a sexually transmitted infection. Your husband has focused on his shortened life. You must stand up and become a protective Mama Bear to your children.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Since I suck at this stuff let me pounce on the only opportunity I may ever have to assist someone other than my wife with a tech issue.

Hit the multi button on a post you like then move down and hit as many other multi's on other posts as you like......when you have gathered up a few posts tap reply and you should have all the multi's stacked in a box waiting for your comments.

Thank you!

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I landed in Tel Aviv yesterday. Its been like 30 both days without a cloud in the sky. Spent the day on the beach :p:

Do what I did and take a trip somewhere warm!

Enjoy, check out Mike's place in Tel Aviv beside the US embassy to watch hockey. I was there during the 'Nucks run and at 3 am Canadians would appear out of no where to watch puck. If you get enough people together they'll stay open.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
My return was almost non-existent this year because last year on my co-op workterms for school I didn't have to pay taxes on the money made :laugh:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
And if you stay and work in Manitoba after school you'll get a few more decent returns after you graduate :D

You can claim it while you're still in school now. Also there's a federal one now too. I didn't even claim any of my previous tuition this year. Saving it for next year for my trip. Watch next year I won't get anything near the amount I did

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I moved back home to Manitoba from Alberta last year.

The only thing I miss is Alberta's 39% tax rate compared to Manitoba's 43%.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Decided to make myself a Jet Dog for dinner tonight. Man I have missed them. Only 5 more months until I can eat one in my seat :cry:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I've never understood this obsession with getting a ton of your own money back from the government. Congratulations! You lent money to the government interest free!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I've never understood this obsession with getting a ton of your own money back from the government. Congratulations! You lent money to the government interest free!

Yes it is weird but real. When I work with my accountant I tell him to make sure I over install throughout the year because I hate the top up notice and love the refund :laugh:. On an intellectual level it is laughable but on an emotional level for some reason I need to trick myself to keep sane as I cut my quarterly checks knowing how many wasteful ways governments spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad