OT: HF Jets Lounge | Flying snowmobiles at the Grey Cup in Regina? Sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Mother of God. I`ve never had a McCain Rising Crust Pizza. I got the Chicken and peppers one. Holy crap it smells great.

5 bucks at Sobeys right now btw.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Mother of God. I`ve never had a McCain Rising Crust Pizza. I got the Chicken and peppers one. Holy crap it smells great.

I swear by their pizzas. I used to like the Delissio ones, but I grew tired of the crust. The McCain's ones are just better.

Puckschmuck*

Please stop, your description is driving me nuts!

I'm on a 500 calorie/day diet that uses a spray to help burn up the bad fat on my body. If you do the diet right, you actually don't starve yourself because you're using the bad fat as fuel for your body. I have more energy, am less tired and feel better all around. So far I've lost 17 pounds in a week, but I have 8 more weeks to go to achieve my goal.

I miss fun food :(

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Please stop, your description is driving me nuts!

I'm on a 500 calorie/day diet that uses a spray to help burn up the bad fat on my body. If you do the diet right, you actually don't starve yourself because you're using the bad fat as fuel for your body. I have more energy, am less tired and feel better all around. So far I've lost 17 pounds in a week, but I have 8 more weeks to go to achieve my goal.

I miss fun food :(

Keep at it man! 500 calories is very dangerous for an adult male though.

Puckschmuck*

Keep at it man! 500 calories is very dangerous for an adult male though.

I thought it sounded dangerous too, but as long as you eat right and do the diet EXACTLY the way it's set out for you, then you burn through the bad fat and fuel your body. And I don't feel hungry one bit.

I've tried several diet regimes before, and all ended in total disaster. I know several people now that have done it and have lost a tremendous amount of weight, feel better and look great! I'm now optimistic about achieving my results and looking and feeling much better!

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I thought it sounded dangerous too, but as long as you eat right and do the diet EXACTLY the way it's set out for you, then you burn through the bad fat and fuel your body. And I don't feel hungry one bit.

I've tried several diet regimes before, and all ended in total disaster. I know several people now that have done it and have lost a tremendous amount of weight, feel better and look great! I'm now optimistic about achieving my results and looking and feeling much better!

Always sounds like snake-oil to me, sorry. That spray thing just seems like something for desperate people, to be honest, and you can't live your life on 500 calories a day - not long term, anyway.

About 6 years ago I was up around 290 LBs and lost almost 80 LBs over 6 months by changing how I ate, what I ate and when I ate it. I've stuck by the eating regimen since then and have only gained back about 10 to 15 LBs. I started eating a bowl of cereal as soon as i got up, made sure I ate a proper lunch every day and drank more water, and then started eating less for dinner (which was easy to do, because of having breakfast and a large healthy lunch). I eat far less red meat, and eat chicken, turkey and fish in lieu of the red meat when we actually have meat with a meal, but mostly it's eating more vegetables and fruit and less junk food.

I didn't "diet", nor did I reduce the amount I was eating. I just added a regular breakfast, and moved the big meal from dinner to lunch.

Ever since my mid 20's (when I got a wife who made me regular meals!) I've struggled with my weight, ballooning from less than 200 lbs all the way up to pushing the 300 LB mark, but this is the longest I've kept it relatively stable. I bounce between 215 to 225, but have stayed at this weight since I changed my eating habits. It's much easier on my feet, and much better for my knees which were both damaged playing sports.

Good luck to you if it works, and I hope it does work for you.

Puckschmuck*

Always sounds like snake-oil to me, sorry. That spray thing just seems like something for desperate people, to be honest, and you can't live your life on 500 calories a day - not long term, anyway.

About 6 years ago I was up around 290 LBs and lost almost 80 LBs over 6 months by changing how I ate, what I ate and when I ate it. I've stuck by the eating regimen since then and have only gained back about 10 to 15 LBs. I started eating a bowl of cereal as soon as i got up, made sure I ate a proper lunch every day and drank more water, and then started eating less for dinner (which was easy to do, because of having breakfast and a large healthy lunch). I eat far less red meat, and eat chicken, turkey and fish in lieu of the red meat when we actually have meat with a meal, but mostly it's eating more vegetables and fruit and less junk food.

I didn't "diet", nor did I reduce the amount I was eating. I just added a regular breakfast, and moved the big meal from dinner to lunch.

Ever since my mid 20's (when I got a wife who made me regular meals!) I've struggled with my weight, ballooning from less than 200 lbs all the way up to pushing the 300 LB mark, but this is the longest I've kept it relatively stable. I bounce between 215 to 225, but have stayed at this weight since I changed my eating habits. It's much easier on my feet, and much better for my knees which were both damaged playing sports.

Good luck to you if it works, and I hope it does work for you.

This isn't a long-term diet though. I won't be eating 500 calories every day for the rest of my life. In the very short-term it helps me to lose weight, of course, but it also is helping me curb the "crap" food intake and cravings that gets me in health trouble in the first place. In the long-term, its up to me how I eat. I can either be responsible and load up on healthier food, or go back to eating out crappy food all the time. In the end, the key to a healthy me is.................me.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
This isn't a long-term diet though. I won't be eating 500 calories every day for the rest of my life. In the very short-term it helps me to lose weight, of course, but it also is helping me curb the "crap" food intake and cravings that gets me in health trouble in the first place. In the long-term, its up to me how I eat. I can either be responsible and load up on healthier food, or go back to eating out crappy food all the time. In the end, the key to a healthy me is.................me.

Yup, it is all on you. Chips, cookies, lots of bad carbs, foods high in sodium and bad cholesterol, anything deep-fried is all bad. If you can get the crap food under control you're half-way there already. Good for you.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm not going to try to be a shill for a company, but the Xbox One looks ****ing unreal! The social networking/connectivity aspect with the behemoth that is Microsoft is a huge advantage, not to mention the resources that gives them for exclusive titles. I have not been so excited for new titles like Titanfall, Quantum Break, new Halo along with multi-platform Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquistion in so long. Much like the two years ago resurgance in PC gaming with Civ 5, Diablo 3, and most importantly Starcraft 2, it seems to be time for the console gaming to come back. Cannot wait until my Xbox One arrives!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm not going to try to be a shill for a company, but the Xbox One looks ****ing unreal! The social networking/connectivity aspect with the behemoth that is Microsoft is a huge advantage, not to mention the resources that gives them for exclusive titles. I have not been so excited for new titles like Titanfall, Quantum Break, new Halo along with multi-platform Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquistion in so long. Much like the two years ago resurgance in PC gaming with Civ 5, Diablo 3, and most importantly Starcraft 2, it seems to be time for the console gaming to come back. Cannot wait until my Xbox One arrives!

I'm also VERY much looking forward to the Xbox One, and I agree with you on the social aspects - very enticing. The launch titles are good as well - can't wait for another installment of Halo.

It's a very good time to be a console gamer, IMHO - both the PS4 and the One will be big upgrades over the last generation. :nod:

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

I really hope the X1 ends up being a solid machine and there is too much invested for it not to be.
MS have chosen to continue on with their vision of a console being a media center at the cost of some resources for games.
Sony has chosen to move in the direction of a console being for gaming at the cost of some media center features (no streaming etc...)

As a gamer I choose a console for gaming and any console that has Naughty Dog producing exclusives for it automatically wins the "exclusives" battle imo. But that is because I prefer the single player experience. ND made three of my favorite six or seven titles in the last console gen.
Second Son is the exclusive that I am most eager to play from either of the systems titles.

If Titan Fall was on the PS4 I wouldn't buy it since it not my type of game. No single player content. Online only. But for others it is a fantastic game.
I would love to play the X1 launch zombie shooter (can't remember it's name) though.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
If you are referring to console cameras, they can be turned off by the user.

But are never fully off. I'm refusing to buy an X1 on the principle of their constant obfuscation, back pedaling, and outright lies about the console. I won't even consider buying a next-gen console until next year at this rate.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm also VERY much looking forward to the Xbox One, and I agree with you on the social aspects - very enticing. The launch titles are good as well - can't wait for another installment of Halo.

It's a very good time to be a console gamer, IMHO - both the PS4 and the One will be big upgrades over the last generation. :nod:

Unfortunately the immediate launch titles for X1 right now suck, IMO. My two games I'm getting with release are Battlefield 4 and Madden 25, both multi-platform. Ryse has had horribad reviews and the rest looks like crap. PS4 wins the original release easily. But the upcoming titles for X1 blow PS4 out of the water, and that's what the critics are saying.

I really hope the X1 ends up being a solid machine and there is too much invested for it not to be.
MS have chosen to continue on with their vision of a console being a media center at the cost of some resources for games.
Sony has chosen to move in the direction of a console being for gaming at the cost of some media center features (no streaming etc...)

As a gamer I choose a console for gaming and any console that has Naughty Dog producing exclusives for it automatically wins the "exclusives" battle imo. But that is because I prefer the single player experience. ND made three of my favorite six or seven titles in the last console gen.
Second Son is the exclusive that I am most eager to play from either of the systems titles.

If Titan Fall was on the PS4 I wouldn't buy it since it not my type of game. No single player content. Online only. But for others it is a fantastic game.
I would love to play the X1 launch zombie shooter (can't remember it's name) though.

Disagree completely, but meh. Your acting as if this is level playing field and MS and Sony are going in different directions. It's not. Microsoft is a behemoth with pockets 10x deeper than Sony. So they can add all the social media type stuff while simultaneously outspending Sony in the exclusive games department. This hype that Xbox is not focusing on games is BS, IMO. They have a ridiculous slate of games coming out that look way better than PS games in the near future, even if PS November launch lineup looks way better and the experts agree. There's a reason most experts have Xbox outselling PS longterm, and it's not the social media, it's the games lineup which is ultimately will drive sales.

Uncharted seems like a unreal series, and I always wanted Last of Us. Naughty Dog is a huge coup for PS. How long with they hold out to the might of Microsoft is the question. Microsofts pockets are just really hard to argue with. And stuff like Quantum Break (ultimate single player game BTW) are going to define the next generation of gaming.

It's funny you bring up single player campaign's since I am probably the strongest single player advocate in the world. I have NEVER been able to get into COD, Halo Online, MMORPG's, etc. I have never liked online play. Yet I am still pumped about Titanfall with the hype it is getting about redefining the FPS and I think that if Titanfall was a PS4 exclusive you would be too. For example my favourite console games of all time are Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War, Halo, Knights of the Old Republic, Assassin's Creed, and Grand Theft Auto (have I said Assassin's Creed yet?). All based on single player aspects. But Titanfall looks unreal, despite the lack of single player gameplay.

And yes Dead Rising 3 is getting huge praise and review for Xbox One, yet it is one I don't plan on getting since that is just not my jam. Looks solid for fans of that genre though, "realistic" zombie gaming I guess. Not my thing though personally.

Yeah, so my main point is that although many thought that based on Xbox's poor marketing last spring based on social media, tv, options, etc Xbox has a huge game lineup coming out. Marketing and development hate talking to each other, and that has hurt Xbox in the early going here, but Xbox with Microsoft's RIDICULOUS backing still has more money and support for their gaming lineup that Sony could ever hope to have, which leads me to believe longterm the Xbox will be a much better lineup than PS can ever hope to produce, as was proven in the last generation. Getting my pre-order done today!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This is why i don't go out much.

Last night my friends all tried getting together as if nothing with that break up happened (ex was there as well) and holy god what a gong show.

She came later and we already had a few drinks, the ex bf invited her for the sole purpose of completely ignoring her, she drank a lot (to be fair we all did, i got there later so i didn't get completely hammered) and basically had an emotional breakdown in front everyone.

He's mad at me anyway now. Because she was so plastered she obviously couldn't drive home so i stayed with her until she was ready to leave to which my buddy shot me a dirty look as he was leaving.

Best part of the night? having her sob all the way back to my house about how hurt she is and how lucky she is to have friends like me, i let her sleep in my room and i slept on the couch in my living room.

Usually i don't take things personally but after leaving me to deal with his mess for 2 weeks and then pulling what he did last night? Yeah, now it's personal. (I mean if you're not going to bother with her, then why invite her? All that did is break her heart more)

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Sounds like everyone needs a break for a while, LDM.

Edit: I just got back from Futureshop. I spent an hour and a half in a queue to trade a $3 360 game (Sega Sonic Ultimate Collection) for a brand new copy of Assassin's Creed 4 for the PS3. Damn fine deal.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Sounds like everyone needs a break for a while, LDM.

Edit: I just got back from Futureshop. I spent an hour and a half in a queue to trade a $3 360 game (Sega Sonic Ultimate Collection) for a brand new copy of Assassin's Creed 4 for the PS3. Damn fine deal.

Nice. I guess that's what was going on, I walked in there this morning to preorder my X1(of which they were sold out :rant:) and saw the lineup at the return, couldn't believe it stretching from the front all the way past the TV's in the back of the store. Crazy, nice deal. I got 25 bucks for my collections of nothing games from PNP games this morning thought it was a good deal (GTA 4, Madden 08, NHL 10, Civilization Revolution, Tom Clancy Rainbow 6, Kung Fu Panda, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1, Call of Duty Black Ops, The Simpsons) lol. AC4 is awesome.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Watchdogs and The District both look absolutely epic. I'll be waiting til the post Christmas restock (February or March) to get mine but I'm excited. I am really enjoying GTA V with my friends now and I have Splinter Cell to still pick up if I get bored to tide me over :)

Garyr

Jul 16, 2012
Southern Mb.
Ok. I managed to put my old computer back together and everything seems to be working fine. I think it's a CPU/Mobo problem with that machine. I'm thinking of just sending it back and paying NCIX to troubleshoot it for me under RMA/Repair, then buying the extra new parts to make it a fully fledged computer. Also, I think my 2x4GB Vengeance DDR3 ram are done, as my old computer wouldn't post with them in by themselves, but would with my 2x2GB DDR3. I'll load up Civ V and see if the game crashes after a while like it did before.

Did you try bumping up the voltage on the memory in bios? I used to overclock quite a bit but it's been a while and not too sure about the new hardware these days.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Did you try bumping up the voltage on the memory in bios? I used to overclock quite a bit but it's been a while and not too sure about the new hardware these days.

I can't get it to post, so how can I change the voltage?

Edit: oh, you mean the old computer. I don't know. I haven't overclocked it before.

Garyr

Jul 16, 2012
Southern Mb.
I can't get it to post, so how can I change the voltage?

Edit: oh, you mean the old computer. I don't know. I haven't overclocked it before.

My bad, I thought I read you could get into the bios. Memory can be very picky when it comes to voltage, some won't allow startup on default v. Your video card should have 2 power connections? If so both need to be supplied with power.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Good news: I don't need a pin in the bone of the finger I broke. Bad news: Taking my splint off, playing with it broken and messing around with it basically has me starting at square one. At least 3 more weeks on the IR #nohockey :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad