OT: HF Jets Lounge | Flying snowmobiles at the Grey Cup in Regina? Sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
1osvkf5.jpg

Am I doing it right!?!?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Well, I got my PSU in and put everything together tonight. I hadn't formatted my HDDs because I want to get it to post first. Good thing I didn't, because it won't post. No idea what the issue is right now. I've made sure all of the connectors are plugged in and snug, my SSD is the only drive I have connected right now, and I have one stick of RAM in to see if it would post. I didn't see a system speaker, so I can't get any beeps from the bios. Occasionally, I'll get a 'please ensure your PCI-e is plugged into the power', but other than that, nothing. I'm at work, so I can't fiddle with it right now. At least working on it took the edge off of the Jets game tonight.

Majikme

Apr 20, 2013
Well, I got my PSU in and put everything together tonight. I hadn't formatted my HDDs because I want to get it to post first. Good thing I didn't, because it won't post. No idea what the issue is right now. I've made sure all of the connectors are plugged in and snug, my SSD is the only drive I have connected right now, and I have one stick of RAM in to see if it would post. I didn't see a system speaker, so I can't get any beeps from the bios. Occasionally, I'll get a 'please ensure your PCI-e is plugged into the power', but other than that, nothing. I'm at work, so I can't fiddle with it right now. At least working on it took the edge off of the Jets game tonight.

Brand of motherboard? And sometimes if the PSU goes it can take the MB down with it. Any bulging caps on the board? try at least 2 dif sticks of ram in different channels? What GPU are you running?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Brand of motherboard? And sometimes if the PSU goes it can take the MB down with it. Any bulging caps on the board? try at least 2 dif sticks of ram in different channels? What GPU are you running?

This is what I have in it.

-Intel Core i5 4670K Unlocked Quad Core 3.4GHZ Processor LGA1150 Haswell 6MB Cache Retail-ASUS Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Z87 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI CrossFireX/SLI SATA3 USB3.0 HDMI Motherboard-Corsair CX Series CX750 750W ATX 12V 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply Active PFC Fan 120mm Fan-Antec One Mid-Tower Gaming ATX Case Black 3X5.25 5X3.5 2X2.5 Front USB3.0 Top Rear 120mm Fans No PSU-Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC 1150MHZ 2GB 6.0GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card*-Samsung SH-S182 DVD+RW 18X8X16 DVD-RW 18X6X16 DL-8X DVD Writer IDE Lightscribe Black OEM W/ Software-Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5IN Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM-OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 2.5IN SATA3 6Gbps SandForce SF-2281 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD (Part#: VTX3-25SAT3-120G)-Corsair CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 Vengeance 8GB 1X8GB DDR3-1600 CL10-10-10-27 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit

The case, mobo, PSU, CPU, and GPU are new. The CPU and Mobo came as a pair, so they are compatible. It's possible that either of the two is DOA, but I really don't want to think of that just yet. I didn't look to see if any of the capacitors were bulging ot not. I'll have mor time to play with it in thd morning.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Check to make sure the RAM has no dust in it and is installed correctly.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Also, you can only change it once a year. Since she did it only a few months ago she might have to request it from a global/admin.

Yeah I'll have to. I hate the Hawks again, but I don't know what to change it to. So I'm open to suggestions.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Ok. I managed to put my old computer back together and everything seems to be working fine. I think it's a CPU/Mobo problem with that machine. I'm thinking of just sending it back and paying NCIX to troubleshoot it for me under RMA/Repair, then buying the extra new parts to make it a fully fledged computer. Also, I think my 2x4GB Vengeance DDR3 ram are done, as my old computer wouldn't post with them in by themselves, but would with my 2x2GB DDR3. I'll load up Civ V and see if the game crashes after a while like it did before.

Majikme

Apr 20, 2013
This is what I have in it.

The case, mobo, PSU, CPU, and GPU are new. The CPU and Mobo came as a pair, so they are compatible. It's possible that either of the two is DOA, but I really don't want to think of that just yet. I didn't look to see if any of the capacitors were bulging ot not. I'll have mor time to play with it in thd morning.

This year i have had more than one DOA asus MB. Check the bottom for scuffs. Also, you sure you have to PSU hooked to the card too? i know i've forgotten that one before. Try getting it to post without the card as well.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
This year i have had more than one DOA asus MB. Check the bottom for scuffs. Also, you sure you have to PSU hooked to the card too? i know i've forgotten that one before. Try getting it to post without the card as well.

I've double and triple checked my connections. I also tried to get it to post without the video card in. I'm thinking of sending all of my new parts away for RMA repair, depending on how the convo goes with the dude from NCIX.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I've double and triple checked my connections. I also tried to get it to post without the video card in. I'm thinking of sending all of my new parts away for RMA repair, depending on how the convo goes with the dude from NCIX.

Surely someone here would be willing to give you a hand instead of sending everything back? I am no expert but have an IT background and have built many PCs in my days. If you can't find anyone I would be willing to stop by tomorrow after work and try and give it a go.

I don't think it would post with no GPU but you should hear a beep code that will signify no/bad video card. Same thing with ram if you try and post without ram installed. Could also be a grounding issue as well if the mobo wasn't quite installed into the case properly. I usually post my components before I install them into the case to make sure things are good to go.

Actually I took a look at your components and real;ize the CPU does supply graphics as well so you may have to POST with the on board graphics instead of the GTX 670. Then once your in the BIOS turn off the on board/ graphics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad