HF GM Games Fantasy Mock Draft #3 - Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Jenner - Malkin - Meier
Parise - Dubois - Connolly
Foegele - Dach - Steen

This is how I'd set up these guys, personally. Jenner brings a lot to the table in terms of physicality and two-way play. His 30 goal season came mostly from the wing. This setup gives you a better 1-2 punch and puts players in situations they're better suited for.
This is correct.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Andrei Svechnikov - Ryan Strome - Kevin Fiala
Brady Tkachuk - Brian Little - Kailer Yamamoto
Dominik Kubalik - Erik Haula - Filip Zadina
xxx - Johan Larsson - Ryan Hartman

Ryan Suter - Erik Karlsson
Danny DeKeyser - PK Subban
Mike Matheson - xxx

Antti Raanta

?
Svech is an RW and Fiala is a LW. Come on, dude.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The Kings lines are bugging me. Not just because it's a good mix, but wtf is Maroon doing on 1st line, Saad, 3rd, and Tanev 4th?

I may rearrange... but I am a big believer in spreading the wealth and building lines though pairs.

Crosby - Gallagher
Backlund - Voracek
Saad - Staal

Those are three very solid combinations. After that I just plug the best I can. Staal - Saad just compliment each other so well on a shut down line. Both elite defensively.

Maroon while not ideal, has proven he can play alongside elite talent and Tanev has proven he can drive a 4th line. I think that’s where he fits best.

Reactions: hockeynorth

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I may rearrange... but I am a big believer in spreading the wealth and building lines though pairs.

Crosby - Gallagher
Backlund - Voracek
Saad - Staal

Those are three very solid combinations. After that I just plug the best I can. Staal - Saad just compliment each other so well on a shut down line. Both elite defensively.

Maroon while not ideal, has proven he can play alongside elite talent and Tanev has proven he can drive a 4th line. I think that’s where he fits best.
I'd do Bratt with Crosby and Cat, and Saad with Backlund and Voracek. This still allows you to play Saad with a shutdown C.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010

Updated to Garnet Hathaway.

Two sheets are available: one uses 4-3-2-1 weighting, while the other derives average ice time from that weighting for each player and goes from there. After, we all want our best player to count for more than our worst, right?

Feedback appreicated. I am leaning towards average ice time, though.

Please verify your roster in the third tab.

Reactions: hockeynorth

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

Two sheets are available: one uses 4-3-2-1 weighting, while the other derives average ice time from that weighting for each player and goes from there. After, we all want our best player to count for more than our worst, right?

Huh, I moved up a few spots without making a single pick.

You guys must really suck at drafting.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
And that’s where I f***ed up.

can anyone recommend a site that has how often a player plays a specific position.

I honestly use the same site you do, but just look into their handedness or try to guess for the most part.. If I see Boqvist/Keith together I know Keith was on the left. For LH-LH pairings it's a little more difficult though.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Feedback appreicated. I am leaning towards average ice time, though.

Did this change since the last one other than with updated picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad