HF GM Games Fantasy Mock Draft #3 - Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Updated to Garnet Hathaway.

Two sheets are available: one uses 4-3-2-1 weighting, while the other derives average ice time from that weighting for each player and goes from there. After, we all want our best player to count for more than our worst, right?

Feedback appreicated. I am leaning towards average ice time, though.

Please verify your roster in the third tab.

How did I drop to 30?

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Just realized the player I was planning on taking here did not play enough regular season games / any playoff games to get credit for a cup win. Oof.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Did this change since the last one other than with updated picks?
Updated to Garnet Hathaway?

One sheet uses 4-3-2-1 weighting, other works from that for average ice time. I'll add the unweighted version, which stinks, for comparison.

Edit: Unweighted now up. It's the worst one.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
@Cocoloco

This is out of the blue, but I was going over the rosters and you have the players to have a perfect top line chemistry wise and aren't playing any of them together. I would really adjust your lines to this:

Hyman-Tavares-Bailey
Kreider-Koivu-Necas

Both Hyman/Bailey have played with Tavares in the past and excelled.
She’s out right now, I’ll let her know

Reactions: BeLeafing

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Anyway, best teams right now according to a battery of statistics are:
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
  2. Los Angeles Kings
  3. Toronto Maple Leafs
  4. Minnesota Wild
  5. Arizona Coyotes
Next pass will be positions, assignments and potential chemistry, but all five of those are set up well to really well on that front.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
He got sniped from me this year.. Kane is always a safe pick who you can steal unless you're in a draft with people who know what they're doing.

Svechnikov was my big steal this year, covered everything.
Yeah most noobs chase points, I play with a group of friends and most of them are casuals so I load up on guys who fill the stat sheet with hits/pims/sog/blocks and still get decent points.

It’s fun drafting guys who can have a night where they just contribute across the board like the Kane and the Tkachuk bros

Reactions: BeLeafing

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
He got sniped from me this year.. Kane is always a safe pick who you can steal unless you're in a draft with people who know what they're doing.

Svechnikov was my big steal this year, covered everything.

I’m glad I finally got Kane. He’s one of many who kept getting away from me every draft

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Pittsburgh Village Burners

Jake Guentzel-Connor McDavid-Blake Coleman
Tomas Tatar-Carl Soderberg-Justin Williams
Josh Leivo-Nick Cousins-Nicolas Roy
x-x-x

Mark Giordano-Sami Vatanen
Vince Dunn-Justin Faulk
x-Mark Borowiecki

Tuukka Rask
x
Now, I hear what you're saying: Soderberg at 2C, Cousins at 3C? The answer is yes, do your research. They're part of excellent lines. Soderberg isn't an ideal 2C, but given how things played out, god damn.

Special notice: if you don't like my team, you don't understand xGoals and quality of possession. Not knowing anything about advanced stats makes your opinion bad in comparison to mine, which is eye test and fancies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad