HF GM Games Fantasy Mock Draft #3 - Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
BACK TO PANDASCORES

My current weighting system divides forwards into groups of three and defencemen into groups of two. Top line forwards and top pairing defencemen (as per PandaScores) are weighted 4, while bottom line and pairing pairing are weighted 1 and 2 respectively.

This means that a top line player is weighted four times more than a bottom line player.

But if we look at ice time, that's just not true. The average first liner players around 19 minutes a game while a fourth line is around 12 minutes.

I think I'll experiment to see if I like the weighting based on numbers like 19/60 and 12/60 instead of 4 and 1.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
BACK TO PANDASCORES

My current weighting system divides forwards into groups of three and defencemen into groups of two. Top line forwards and top pairing defencemen (as per PandaScores) are weighted 4, while bottom line and pairing pairing are weighted 1 and 2 respectively.

This means that a top line player is weighted four times more than a bottom line player.

But if we look at ice time, that's just not true. The average first liner players around 19 minutes a game while a fourth line is around 12 minutes.

I think I'll experiment to see if I like the weighting based on numbers like 19/60 and 12/60 instead of 4 and 1.
But Panda what if a team just rolls lines. For example mine is simply multiple lines of similar ability cycling.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Duncan Keith - Fantasy Hockey Game Logs, Advanced Stats and more - Frozen Tools

According to that he has player 55% of his shifts on the right side. I could also be reading it incorrectly

I also have Nylander on the 3rd line to add a littl scoring depth. Bozak has shown offensive flair and so hasn’t Laughton.

I think that just shows the pairing rather which side they play on. A lot of RD are listed on the left half there.

Keith solely plays LD as far as I know.

Reactions: Panda Bear

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Let me have it!

Connolly - Malkin - Meier
Parise - Dubois - Dach
Foegele - Jenner - Steen

Rielly - Cernak
Kempny - Schmidt
Xxxxx - Holl

Bishop

I really wish I had drafted another top 6 winger...
I’d be tempted to just swap Dach and Jenner since I think both of them have skill sets better suited to those forward positions but I understand if it ruins your lineup dynamic

Reactions: Peter Griffin

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Andrei Svechnikov - Ryan Strome - Kevin Fiala
Brady Tkachuk - Brian Little - Kailer Yamamoto
Dominik Kubalik - Erik Haula - Filip Zadina
xxx - Johan Larsson - Ryan Hartman

Ryan Suter - Erik Karlsson
Danny DeKeyser - PK Subban
Mike Matheson - xxx

Antti Raanta

?

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Let me have it!

Parise - Dubois - Dach
Foegele - Jenner - Steen

Rielly - Cernak
Kempny - Schmidt
Xxxxx - Holl

Bishop

Parise - Malkin - Meier
Jenner - Dubois - Connolly
Foegele - Dach - Steen

Imo

Either way, that lineup is very physically imposing.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Well no not literally but don’t some teams run smaller spreads? Or ride their top 2 lines ~40 minutes and their bottom 2 get 20 combined?
A lot of it depends on special usage, typically those teams with the wider spreads play a few of their top guys on both PP + PK while their bottom 6 is mostly 5v5 outside of a couple of players max.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
Those pairing are just listed alphabetically. For example, Boqvist is a RHD yet gets listed before LHD Keith as a pairing.

I think that just shows the pairing rather which side they play on. A lot of RD are listed on the left half there.

Keith solely plays LD as far as I know.

SOOOOO your saying that I am a big dummy who read it wrong and doesn’t understand analytics. Gotcha

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Let me have it!

Parise - Dubois - Dach
Foegele - Jenner - Steen

Rielly - Cernak
Kempny - Schmidt
Xxxxx - Holl

Bishop

Jenner - Malkin - Meier
Parise - Dubois - Connolly
Foegele - Dach - Steen

This is how I'd set up these guys, personally. Jenner brings a lot to the table in terms of physicality and two-way play. His 30 goal season came mostly from the wing. This setup gives you a better 1-2 punch and puts players in situations they're better suited for.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Nucker101 said:
I’d be tempted to just swap Dach and Jenner since I think both of them have skill sets better suited to those forward positions but I understand if it ruins your lineup dynamic
Parise - Malkin - Meier
Jenner - Dubois - Connolly
Foegele - Dach - Steen

Imo

Either way, that lineup is very physically imposing.

I've thought about putting Jenner on the wing, he had his best season playing on wing scoring 30 goals afterall. Might just have to go that route. Thanks.

Reactions: m0pe

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I've thought about putting Jenner on the wing, he had his best season playing on wing scoring 30 goals afterall. Might just have to go that route. Thanks.
Yeah, he’s always seemed like a natural winger who can player center more than vice-versa.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Jenner - Malkin - Meier
Parise - Dubois - Connolly
Foegele - Dach - Steen

This is how I'd set up these guys, personally. Jenner brings a lot to the table in terms of physicality and two-way play. His 30 goal season came mostly from the wing. This setup gives you a better 1-2 punch and puts players in situations they're better suited for.
Are you in for next draft? This is exactly how I'd put lines as well.

Reactions: Panda Bear

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
@Cocoloco

This is out of the blue, but I was going over the rosters and you have the players to have a perfect top line chemistry wise and aren't playing any of them together. I would really adjust your lines to this:

Hyman-Tavares-Bailey
Kreider-Koivu-Necas

Both Hyman/Bailey have played with Tavares in the past and excelled.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Well no not literally but don’t some teams run smaller spreads? Or ride their top 2 lines ~40 minutes and their bottom 2 get 20 combined?
I am only willing to do so much. I am not willing to manually go through every single team asking for line times.

Reactions: hockeynorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino