Fantasy Sports: HF Flyers Keeper League

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I like them. I like the ability to stash a prospect and then have the extra bench to play with, much like a real team. I don't see the harm in having them.

I agree, but for myself, who didn't have any to begin with (N/a players), I can't pick them up and stash them, so I see it as an unfair advantage in a keeper league.

So if I wanted [or others in the same situation] to follow suit and grab the players for an N/A spot, I'd have to drop from my reg roster and pick them up, move them to N/A and re-pick up the players I'd drop before re-adding the previous dropped before anyone else could/would grab them.....

Last edited:

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I agree, but for myself, who didn't have any to begin with (N/a players), I can't pick them up and stash them, so I see it as an unfair advantage in a keeper league.

So if I wanted [or others in the same situation] to follow suit and grab the players for an N/A spot, I'd have to drop from my reg roster and pick them up, move them to N/A and re-pick up the players I'd drop before re-adding the previous dropped before anyone else could/would grab them.....

I guess that's true, too. I see both sides, I'm content with whatever we end up choosing. It's all for fun.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Well we previously had the Minors spots in the Fantrax league and when I set my 20 keepers I was under the impression that we'd have the N/A spots. So I say we keep them.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
No. Once yahoo gives them that tag they are eligible to be put in that slot.

If the tag is ever removed you aren't able to add or remove until you remove the former NA player from that slot.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
What determines if a player is NA or not? I assumed players assigned back to juniors were under this tag.

Initially Sanheim was listed as NA, so he was assigned as so. I just went to add a player and it said he was no longer NA and had to be removed before I make any roster moves. So i was just curious what conditions decide if a player is NA or not?

Thanks!

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Yahoo decides when the tag gets put on. I noticed the same thing though, all my N/A tags were gone for players who were assigned.

I am going to read the boards and see what is going on.

edit: seems to be a known issue. It'll be fixed.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
You had a big night last night.

The waiver wire drops/adds is nuts.... kinda takes the 'keeper' outta of it for me. I guess I'll have to use it more myself (or start) to gain an advantage of starts for players for the week.
Oh no. I haven't been checking, but I'm assuming people are abusing the system so that they pretty much always have a lineup of players with games every night. This became an issue on Fantrax and we had to impose a maximum.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Oh no. I haven't been checking, but I'm assuming people are abusing the system so that they pretty much always have a lineup of players with games every night. This became an issue on Fantrax and we had to impose a maximum.

Basically this.

I understand the WW is there to use, but for me, takes the fun out of the league if every week a team takes 5-6 moves to have a lineup...

Other keeper leagues I am in have a MAX of 1 move per week - and the commish moves that up to 2 in case of injury - we HAVE A HUGE team in this league so no real reason to do that.

Last year I stopped checking my roster in Fantrax b/c the WW was constantly flooded, my thought process was what's the point...

There was a post earlier on that a season is won/lost on the WW... seems like thats the trend.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
That is an easy fix. What would you all think a good maximum would be? 2-3 per week?

We need to keep in mind the size of our rosters are bigger than typical leagues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad